Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 PM

Default KUIU question

I'm just about to place an order online, but want to make sure they're not using UPS to ship to Canada as they have that horrific customs surcharge those buggers love to tack on the tail end as they wave your already purchased product at you. The charge that doesn't actually go to government customs, but instead to their own bottom line. Who has received orders from KUIU and have you been intimately violated by UPS in the process?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 PM

I have gotten several Kuiu orders via USPS not UPS. No extra charges at all.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM

I have ordered quite a few things from KUIU over the past year and I was charged something like $56 on an order that was about $800 or $900, but most of my orders have been around the $250 mark or less and I haven't been charged any duty on those ones.

Be warned, however, that their S&H charges can get pretty expensive if you buy one piece at a time; you're better off to make one large order and pay the $49.95 S&H and take your chances with the duty charges.

I should also add that it comes USPS and then Canada Post. Easy peasy.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 PM

Thanks guys.

I noticed the shipping charges were based on dollar value of the order; so a person is better off being at the high end of the range within each category to avoid the next price bump on shipping. They seemed to be out of my size in a few things, so it's a smaller order.