Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-09-2009, 07:16 PM

Default Price for 3 Bows

I have the opportunity to buy 3 bows. I am wondering what would be a good price to pay for the lot. The person will not sell them separately. This is the information I received:
1. Browning Bushmaster with arrows and quiver, has some green camo paint applied
2. Carroll Intruder II in mossy oak with sling and arrows
3. PSE bow black
arrows are Eaton, I have 5 points as well which are included. all three have sight hardware on them in one form or another

I do not know much about bows and realize they are older. The black PSE one doesn't have much to go off of.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:26 PM

Hmmm.... $0. Have you gone to an archery shop and shot a new bow lately. try that and get some info there. No offense intended to you or the seller but you only need 1 bow to do the job and why buy 3 old ones that yoour gonna have to put some money into , by the sounds of it, when you can put it towards a bow that will "fit" you and can most likely perform a hell of a lot better. hmmm.....If your not experienced talk to Jimbo. He'll let you fire a couple and give you some info,like draw length, dominant eye, weight, etc.then you go try your buddies.

Just my IMO.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Knownonscents hit the nail on the head go to your local bow shop and try a new bow.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:15 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 AM

The newest bow you have in the list is the Carrol Intruder. It's at least 10 years old. None of them are worth very much.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:36 AM

I second this advice.....go out and buy a bow that fits you and that meets your needs.....buying an old 'set' of bows is like buying the wrong-handed golf clubs and thinking you can get out on the course and start playing.....

Archery shops specialize in finding what works for you....
Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Hoochie Papa

RUN FORREST RUN!!!!!

First off, the seller sounds a little sketchy by not selling them individually. They are not puppies, split them up. None of those bows is worth the gas money to drive next door to pick them up.

There are lots of good bows that you can buy at a reasonable price that will last you 5-10 years.

Head to your nearest pro shop like the others said.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Hoochie Papa

Default Draw Exercises

Last edited by Hoochie Papa; 03-10-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: OD'd on stupid pills this morning.