Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-15-2009, 12:53 AM

Talking Archery Lessons

Wondering where in southern alberta a person could get some lessons ( Calgary and south). I go out and shoot my deer target and sometimes I shoot pretty good but then some days not so good. I love to practice but I want to practice good habits not re-enforce bad ones.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 AM

if your in calgary head to calgary archery centre and some one there will for sure help you out or pm Mathews archer as he is a pro staff shooter there . Maybe he can point in the right direction.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:38 PM

Your Closer to Lethbridge then calgary. Head to Lane Archery they can give you some lessons there. Heck If you go shoot me a pm maybe we can meet up and have a shooting session
Old 02-15-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munyee4321 View Post
Your Closer to Lethbridge then calgary. Head to Lane Archery they can give you some lessons there. Heck If you go shoot me a pm maybe we can meet up and have a shooting session
x2....if you ever want to go shoot sometime let me know....
Old 02-17-2009, 03:55 AM

well in calgary you can contact Calgary Archery Centre, 4855 47 St SE.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabers Best View Post
Wondering where in southern alberta a person could get some lessons ( Calgary and south). I go out and shoot my deer target and sometimes I shoot pretty good but then some days not so good. I love to practice but I want to practice good habits not re-enforce bad ones.

Thanks in advance
I assume you are in Taber. Look up Tom Sekura in the phone book and give him a call. He will be able to help you out.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:25 PM

Thanks everyone. Yes I am from Taber. But you know when in Calgary I will have to check it out. OF course more local for me is great.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:58 PM

tom sekura lives in taber
aout 3 miles east of town on the red trail
Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 AM

Give John Horvath a call or his son Patrick. They both shhoot along with Tom down at the archery range there in Taber.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabers Best View Post

Thanks in advance
You probly wouldnt need lessons, just gotta practice till you can shoot consistently. and you gotta try to make sure your anchoring point is always the same. (this is advice someone gave me and it really worked)
Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM

I personally wouldn't spend any of my hard earned dollars at calgary archery...or any of my time for that matter!! If you want GOOD service from some one who actually cares... then go to Jim Bows Archery. That's a man who CARES about the sport. I haven't stepped foot in calgary archery for over a year and I still can't get the bad taste out of my mouth
Old 03-09-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccanadianblizzard View Post
I personally wouldn't spend any of my hard earned dollars at calgary archery...or any of my time for that matter!! If you want GOOD service from some one who actually cares... then go to Jim Bows Archery. That's a man who CARES about the sport. I haven't stepped foot in calgary archery for over a year and I still can't get the bad taste out of my mouth
X2 ......well not quite but similar as far as the taste anyways. Jimbos is hands down a great place to get great advice and no BS.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:08 PM

I have been going to the Calgary archery center for about 9 years and never ever had a problem with them.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
if your in calgary head to calgary archery centre and some one there will for sure help you out or pm Mathews archer as he is a pro staff shooter there . Maybe he can point in the right direction.
Is the George Ryals IV course full? That would be a good one, it's aimed at target BUT form is form.