Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-18-2009, 04:22 PM

Thumbs up good day at sherwood park archery lanes

well boys i had a nice day day at Spal to day took my new bow (bowtech admerail) dallas and and doug tune the bow in for me set me up nice and where very helpful in getting it sited and then the new technoligy is great once i sited in at 20yrds i shoot throuht the cronograph and doug took a few mesurements and bang just like that my bow is sited for up to 70yards how slick is that man some times you have to like technoligy in stead of speanding time trying to find a good spot to shoot ans then setting each pin bag done to me thats perfect the cronograph gave a print out that told doug where to set the pins it gave the fps and kinetic energy stats that is slick i just wanted to say the service was great and that tuneing was cool to
Old 03-19-2009, 05:57 AM

If you believe that you are tuned/sighted in to 70 yards, you have a bunch to learn.
You will be close at best, just like a bore sighted rifle is close, but not sighted.
Add broadheads and you will be even more surprised. Sighting in a bow is not rocket science, it takes a bit of time at the distances you want to shoot,and a couple turns of the screws.
Sighting in and tuning is a big part of learning your bow and learning to shoot.

Pete
Old 03-19-2009, 06:35 AM

I was skeptical too. I sighted my bow into to 60 yards by shooting it at my outdoor range. I then asked to confirm it with SPAL's do-hickie machine to see for myself. Not only did it come close, but it was dead-on, exactly the same to the micro c-hair. I was impressed. Others I know have had the exact same results. I didn't believe it either until I validated it for myself.

The guys enter a bunch of data: arrow diameter, spine, height of peep above centreline, arow velocity, and a bunch of others parameters, and click, click, click, it spits out your bows pin gap requiring you only to sight in to 20. Pretty neat deal.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkynuts View Post
i sited in at 20yrds i shoot throuht the cronograph and doug took a few mesurements and bang just like that my bow is sited for up to 70yards
I've had the equipment & software to do this for over 7 years. Archers Advantage plus a chronograph. Theres also The Archery Program & Pinwheel Software (aka OnTarget) and finally after this stuff being out there for 10 or more years Easton shows up and it's "new" technology
Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
If you believe that you are tuned/sighted in to 70 yards, you have a bunch to learn.
You will be close at best, just like a bore sighted rifle is close, but not sighted.
Add broadheads and you will be even more surprised. Sighting in a bow is not rocket science, it takes a bit of time at the distances you want to shoot,and a couple turns of the screws.
Sighting in and tuning is a big part of learning your bow and learning to shoot.

Pete
I think you miss read Stinkynuts post. No where did he say "tuned" for 70 yards. Tuned and sighted are to WAY diffrent things like you stated.

Stinky enjoy your new bow. Take some measurements or do some markings with white out or paint so you have a refferance point to go back to if you need.

AL
Old 03-20-2009, 06:39 PM

It's true on thye machine, I've seen it work and seen the results. Pretty much dead on.

Though I must admit, as much as it works, I'd take it out just to confirm...