Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-20-2002, 01:10 PM
Coyote reduction programs?

Default Coyote reduction programs?

Is there anywhere in the province running a coyote reduction program. I know there is one in my area but just curious if anywhere else. Does anyone think they work, or are they just a way the trappers get some extra money.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:25 AM
bounty

Default bounty

Coyote reduction plan? I've not heard of that. Can you tell us more?
Old 12-23-2002, 03:45 PM
reduction incentive

Default reduction incentive

The county I live offers a $10 incentive for coyotes to help keep the population at a average level. This is to keep the predation on other animal like cattle, sheep, and goats to a minamum. Its been in place for a few years and wondering if other places do this?
Local residences bring in the coyotes trapped or shoot and they cut of a piece for ID and return the carcass to the hunter or trapper so they can salvage the pelt. It seems to be working here.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:23 PM
quentinb

Default Re: reduction incentive

The counties and MD's that offer the so called bounty for coyotes, or beavers, or pocket gophers, or what ever are in my opinion a waste of time and just a cheap alternative from these local governments hiring a pest control person to provide those services.
Old 02-02-2003, 03:27 PM
reduction programs

Default reduction programs

Any program that supports hunting is awesome if you ask me. We hunters should embrace these programs because if we're not careful there will come a time when these programs and hunting in general will not exist.

Shrubs