Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-17-2003, 04:36 PM
calvin

Default live beavers wanted

i know it may sound kind of wacko but i have a dam on some rented pasture that is showing signs of erosion from water overfilling and ruining of the side and the overflow hasn't been positioned very well. the only way to fix the problem is hiring a bunch of heavy iron and hauling in a bunch of fill but i thought maybe some of you trappers know of a way to trap a nuisance beaver that the landowner doesn't want kiled and we could relocate it in the spring. with hopefully he has enough room and is willing to fix up a dam for me in the process. there should be enough water for a pair and there is plenty of small poplar to work with and i think it would be a good demonstration site if it works. there is no creek or river nearby and i don't think it will bother any neighbors in any way. thank for any help and let me know if i can find some or if anyone has a live animal trap that may work let me know. we are in the athabasca area.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:22 AM
beavers

Default beavers

calvin, i work with some pest controll officers and they have live trapped and transplanted beavers. They only work in spring and summer months. So if you have not gotten any beavers by them , repost your message and we can see what we can do.