Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 06-03-2012, 01:14 PM

Default nafa coyote results

Hey guys just have a question about my coyote results at this last nafa sale. I had 2 select dogs as well as two other well graded that were bought back. Saw there was a lot bought back at this sale. what exactly does this mean? And any Idea why so much wouldnt have sold. Especially the high end fur?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:37 PM

Only the bottom end of the coyotes sold. Sold half and still had an avg of 46 on 15 dogs.

They held 15 top end dogs back.

Carry over to fall will be good if NAFA gets us a better price.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Elk Hunter View Post
Only the bottom end of the coyotes sold. Sold half and still had an avg of 46 on 15 dogs.

They held 15 top end dogs back.

Carry over to fall will be good if NAFA gets us a better price.
Hope your right Thunder , sold my bottom half , 9, and averaged $57... I was hoping to sell all and make a comparison to FHA last sale .. I know my dogs on the March sale at FHA beat my buddies at NAFA early sale by an ave. of $ 20.. both lots were almost identical .
Old 06-03-2012, 08:43 PM

thanks guys. thats what I though. My bottom 15 sold at an average of 35$ but I had one real bad one that went for a buck and another not so good that went for 9. So without those I would have been about the same as you.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Hope your right Thunder , sold my bottom half , 9, and averaged $57... I was hoping to sell all and make a comparison to FHA last sale .. I know my dogs on the March sale at FHA beat my buddies at NAFA early sale by an ave. of $ 20.. both lots were almost identical .
The only way you could have made a comparison would have been if the sales were conducted on days back to back. The market in March was not the market in Feb nor was the market in March what it is now in June.

Does 106,000 coyotes mean anything? How about words such as "over-supply" "glut" "excess"

FHA simply follows on NAFAs coattails. If NAFA is doing good, then FHA does okay, but if NAFA falters, then it's all over for FHA and they fall on their face... splat!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI-UTE View Post
The only way you could have made a comparison would have been if the sales were conducted on days back to back. The market in March was not the market in Feb nor was the market in March what it is now in June.

Does 106,000 coyotes mean anything? How about words such as "over-supply" "glut" "excess"

FHA simply follows on NAFAs coattails. If NAFA is doing good, then FHA does okay, but if NAFA falters, then it's all over for FHA and they fall on their face... splat!!!
You may or may not be right ... Markets seem to always be changing. My dogs are all going to FHA next year .