Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2010, 12:52 PM

Default Alarm Force ?

Any one have this ?

Scared some kids off 2 nights in a row, so I got this. A bit " hoaky" stuff but is monitored and only 25 bucks a month.

Thoughts ?
Old 05-30-2010, 07:37 PM

My co worker has it...its ok he says but the bad part is that you cant arm while home for movement when ur asleep just perimiter...but its cheap
Old 05-30-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
My co worker has it...its ok he says but the bad part is that you cant arm while home for movement when ur asleep just perimiter...but its cheap
I've had ACT, and Securtec, and couldn't alarm for motion at night when you're at home! First sign of movement and off it goes!!

"She took all my money, she wrecked my new car, now she's with one of my good time buddies, and they're drinkin' in some cross town bar"!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
When you think about it, you don't want the motion detector activated when you're in the house and neither does the alarm company.

We use ADT which is more expensive than Alarm Force; but I've always been put off by AF's commercials and I seldom see their signs in my area. I would like to know how reliable they are, especially in rural areas.

BTW, don't forget to let your insurance company know you have the service because they should reduce your premium.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:13 AM

We almost got Alarm Force when we lived in the city, but it seemed like to actually get our doors/windows all setup the price was shooting up quickly.

Now we live in the country and a pyreneese probably works better then any alarm company.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Meredith View Post
When you think about it, you don't want the motion detector activated when you're in the house and neither does the alarm company.

We use ADT which is more expensive than Alarm Force; but I've always been put off by AF's commercials and I seldom see their signs in my area. I would like to know how reliable they are, especially in rural areas.

BTW, don't forget to let your insurance company know you have the service because they should reduce your premium.
The nice thing about ADT is we can arm zones like the basement with motion while remaining in the house with the doors and windows armed on the main and upstairs. I've put motion sensor lights in my back garage that activate back into the main house and turn on a buzzer instead of turning on lights in the garage. Oh and don't forget the two dogs that never miss a beat.