Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Default Skeena River

Driving up to Terrace on Sunday to fish the Skeena and Kalum. Trying to find a couple good gravel bars to fish. Anyone wiling to share a spot or two?
Thanks!
Old 09-02-2012, 06:07 AM

Default Skeena

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
Driving up to Terrace on Sunday to fish the Skeena and Kalum. Trying to find a couple good gravel bars to fish. Anyone wiling to share a spot or two?
Thanks!
Perfect time to go. I grew up in terrace. You will want to hit the lakelse for coho. Use a mid weight koho illusion. Find the red and blue work great. 15 lb test and mid weight rod. The copper river is great for steelhead. Kalum river is great to. You defiantly will have to go up the nass valley and try the tseax but watch for grizz. You can also keep 2 coho there. Lots of chinook there and nice hike across a lava bed. As far as spots on those Rivers. Just drive out look for some pools and hammer the coho. Hope you have a great trip. Wish I could go but hunting season is here now. Pm me and I'll give you more if you want some more info out there. Best time of year to go.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 AM

Uncertain if Sunday is today or next week. but if you have access to WFN Sport Fishing on the Fly just had a show on the Skeena. It will replay today and Tuesday I believe.

Could also check out http://www.sfotf.ca. you can likely watch it from there webiste too.

Those guys are very knowledgeable and great teachers of fly fishing in BC. Love that show.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Banned

Your a good man WB10.

Have a great time.