Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-19-2008, 04:08 PM

Default Pine Lake Yesterday

Pine was pretty good once again yesterday, got just over 80 walleye and a few pike. Smallys for the most part but we did manage to hook in to a few decent fish Beautiful day to be fishing as well, almost no boats on the lake and no wind! Sure is nice to be out there with out all the weekend warriors! Attached some pics of the better wally's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pics 005.jpg (149.7 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg Pics 002.jpg (121.1 KB, 216 views)
Old 09-19-2008, 04:38 PM

Nice Job there Ken ^ 5 buddy
Old 09-19-2008, 04:51 PM

Nice fish. Your right this is a great time to be out as there are few people out. We were at Pinehurst on Wednesday and it was great maybe 4-5 other boats out. As anyone thats been to Pinehurst in the summer it is an absolute zoo. What were you catching them on?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:09 PM

Looks good,it is sure nice to get out when the water is like glass. Looks like the algae is not as bad as earlier in the year. It is hard to fish that lake on the weekends, not big enough for the amount of people.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:46 PM

Probably should went there last weekend. Lived in Alberta my whole life and just now starting to go out beyond the Bow. Good times busing down to your fishing hole

Campsites worth it in the area? I got some time off and was going to spend some time in that area to fish Pine and Sylvan. Some cool weather and over cast on the 14 day forecast, if that holds true hopefuly the water ski's and jet ski's will be docked that weekend.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:03 AM

Ya, I'm with Soggy & I'd like to know what campground to hit. I've seen the one campsite just off the highway and it looks fine, I don't like the fancy RV parks. I live closer then most to Pine lake but oddly I've never even stood on a pier, let alone fished it.

Anyone willing to share the common places to try? I never go fishing on weekends if I can, but the down side is you don't get to see where everyone fishes. I have sonar and I'd imagine if the bite is on that good (80), finding them shouldn't be too hard. However when I show up at lakes the fish all go in to hiding, usually because I've brought some ugly weather with me also. Murphy's law.

I think Anglers Atlas should have a map on Pine. I'll check.

Nice pics Keith. I can tell you caught 80 fish, since neither you or your buddy are even grinning anymore. lol. I can't say I've caught enough fish in one day, to keep me from having a Perma-Grin.

Tight Lines
Old 09-21-2008, 05:32 PM
TundraBuck

Out from Green Acres (Bald hillside with RV's on it) in 14 - 25 feet of water should produce some fish. Alot of boat traffic though. Another place is directly across the lake from here there is some structure 23 - 32 feet of water.

If you want perch, south end shallow right off the weeds.

Pike, troll the north shores 6 - 30 feet of water.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:38 PM

Always loved that place, would catch tons and tons of fish off the dock. was there since i was 5 and got ejected from leisure when i was 17, new managment at leisure messed it up, so personally id say dont give leisure business as they will try to screw you over in the long run. Green acres and sandy cove and scottys are much better people to deal with. And you're actually allowed to have kids with you with out getting stalked by security and to add, this past summer at leisure one of the security guards ran over a 9 year old with his golf cart, so if you have kids or are looking to have fun, leisure isnt the place to go

Last edited by Battery; 09-21-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:35 PM

Hello again fellas,
was out again yesterday with my girlfriend... She actually wanted to go fishing for our 1 year anniversary! I couldn't believe it! I took her salmon fishing off the sunshine coast a couple weeks ago and she's hooked now No pun intended. We were only out for about 2 hours and 45 minutes as the weather turned to sh*t and started raining and of course she didnt want to fish in that! Gotta love those over cast/cooler days though... Once again, no boats on the lake and we managed to get somewhere around 50 walleye and a couple pike! Keeping it just off the bottom with minnows sure seems to have their ticket. Caught a couple beauties too, sorry no pics this time, she took them on her phone's camera so it will have to wait a while. The Berkley gulp alive leeches work really well too, casting them out and slowly dragging it across the bottom but shaking the rod a fair bit to give it more action really works well. As far as good spots to fish; there are a number of them but i mostly stay around the south end of the lake. Any of you guys ever want to go out PM me, i will still be out there a number of times before freeze up!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
2430M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Kenneth View Post
Hello again fellas,
was out again yesterday with my girlfriend... She actually wanted to go fishing for our 1 year anniversary!
LOL..it's my wife and I's anniversary today and we went to a friends pond yesterday to celebrate with some fishing