Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfy View Post
**** and bush come to mind right about now
Well I can see that bush is still getting pizzed on.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
I might have to Take you up on that offer,One of the Twins just moved to GP two years ago.You might have seen him around Town,he works in the oil patch,long blond hair,A nose that points in three different directions

I can come up there and you could teach me some boxing moves and i'll teach you how to Hunt!!! Sound like a Deal?
Like i said P.M me. I would have to meet you in person to see if i could handle hunting with you. And if i cant, then we could spar a couple 3 min rounds.lol. Whitetail I don't have the energy or the interest to argue with you anymore. I'm glad you love your weatherbys and magnums. And i'm happy with my tikkas and remingtons and standard cartridges. I think we hunt and shoot with different expectations on what we get out of our experiences. I'm glad for success hunting and shooting. And wish you luck in future seasons. But my grandfather taught me how to hunt and i'm sure you couldn't do any better than he.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybull View Post
Like i said P.M me. I would have to meet you in person to see if i could handle hunting with you. And if i cant, then we could spar a couple 3 min rounds.lol. Whitetail I don't have the energy or the interest to argue with you anymore. I'm glad you love your weatherbys and magnums. And i'm happy with my tikkas and remingtons and standard cartridges. I think we hunt and shoot with different expectations on what we get out of our experiences. I'm glad for success hunting and shooting. And wish you luck in future seasons. But my grandfather taught me how to hunt and i'm sure you couldn't do any better than he.

Alot of what you said makes sense,nothing wrong with a tikka and remington firearms,heck We have way more standard cartridges in our gun safe than weatherby cartridges.I'm sure your grandpa was a good hunting mentor,just like my father to me.Good luck to you this Fall!!! Maybe you'll get one of them huge bull elk that are around GP!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=leo;572241]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_fool1 View Post
+1 for this idea... whatever gun u chose... any bullet 140gr or bigger is gonna be enough for any game up to 500m in north america so pick one bullet that shoots good and learn it... use it... love it... I just bought 1000 140s for my 7rem and plan to shoot it out to 500m off my bipod at any big game and possibly 6 or 700m if i ever get enough practice that i feel compentant with it.Either way i dunno why guys always pick a ton of diff guns and bullets for each diff animal. I suppose only to justify to their wives why they need to blow so much money on so many guns when really one gun and one bullet can do it all if u practice your shooting abilities.[/QUOTE

If you "ethically" want to shoot game at those distances ,practice is good. So is using a 160gr -175gr 7mm bullet . It typically has better BC,SD than a 140 gr, will fly flatter farther and hit harder. And whats wrong with owning more than one gun if you have the means too???All the power to you if you choose to own only one ,but keep your assumptions to your self
7MM Rem Mag......I load my own ammo,150 grain bullets loaded pretty hot seem to do the trick for whatever I want to shoot.
Always thought of getting another "deer" gun but really why bother...
Personally I'd probably never take a 500 yard shot simply due to crappy eye sight and I almost always use a range finder if I have time.....Daniel Boone I aint!!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Are you on Drugs???? My Father is'nt on here what you talking about?
Are you sure about that??
Old 04-29-2010, 11:44 AM

300 win mag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Banned

honestly i just picked by what was in stock and the price...

my thought process was as follows
i like weatherby, browning, and cz

the browning x-bolt looked and shouldered the best

they had 243, 280, 300 wsm, and 325 wsm in stock

the 325 didn't tickle my fancy because it's just a renecked 300wsm

the 243 is nice but i wanted to get elk and moose

the 280 is an awesome caliber but not common enough

so it was the 300 wsm...

they all work great..
Old 04-29-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Alot of what you said makes sense,nothing wrong with a tikka and remington firearms,heck We have way more standard cartridges in our gun safe than weatherby cartridges.I'm sure your grandpa was a good hunting mentor,just like my father to me.Good luck to you this Fall!!! Maybe you'll get one of them huge bull elk that are around GP!!!
It's not maybe. It's when. The only reason i don't have a big buck or moose on the wall is because i love elk meat. And i have a hard time saying no to the first one i see thats legal. I got a nice 5x5 on the wall and an ok 4x4 whitetail on the same wall, but like i said i think we hunt for different reasons. But thats ok 2.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie

That right there is some funny stuff.

-Billy Molls
Old 04-29-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie

That right there is some funny stuff.
that is quite funny. the 'guide' in flint's video on the other thread sure bears a striking resemblence!

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Banned

450 yards even on a bench is far.... where you on a flat?... up , or down did you have a rest... where you breathing hard.... 450 yards is a long shot.... what cal where you using and how hight did you aim what was the bullet and powder charge.... I would like to know .