Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2011, 09:42 AM

Thumbs up Public Ranges - Homestead Range Clean-up May 28th 2011

Hi All,

The APRA is looking to have a cleanup at Homestead Public Ranges. Those who wish to give a helping hand are requested to bring a rake and a shovel and some good work gloves. Heavy duty garbage bags will be available. If you have a quad with a trailer please bring it.

Soft Drinks and water available. Looking at getting burgers for the Group. Clean up will be on May 28th starting at 9:00 AM alternate date will be the following weekend should weather be a problem.
I look forward to seeing you there.

Joe B
APRA President

47b20s0:

Last edited by YYC; 04-19-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:18 PM

i will try and do my best to make it there for the clean up, i was just there today and still lots of snow.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:20 AM

I think this needs a bump.

#1 son and I might make it out: depending on hubby's camping plans.

The cleanup last year generated a huge amount of interest and activity, not sure why this thread hasn't. Maybe everyone is still recovering from last year?

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:10 PM

I think, I anyways feel that after or during the cleanup some people were more interested in getting it done and over with, than cleaning it up. It was sort of off putting for me when we show up to clean, do a decent job, and have idiots waiting, no, jonesing to shoot. It was like we couldn't get it done quickly enough. It was clearly posted that the range was closed, and people still complained. To the members who showed up, thanks. To the others, it's your turn to step up and show your appreciation for the free range we get to use.

Tullfan
Old 04-24-2011, 04:22 PM

Have marked my calendar. Was kind of wondering when this was going to happen.

Boku
Old 04-25-2011, 07:54 AM

Was out there last week for the first time. Met a couple nice people and had a blast. Sad to see all the garbage everywhere. Loaded up box I brought to hang target on with garbage and tossed in the almost empty dumpster.

Will try to make it.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 AM

Thanks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuntley12 View Post
Was out there last week for the first time. Met a couple nice people and had a blast. Sad to see all the garbage everywhere. Loaded up box I brought to hang target on with garbage and tossed in the almost empty dumpster.

Will try to make it.
Last Years Pictures:

"Before"

"After"
Old 04-25-2011, 07:49 PM

Default range clean-up

Sarcee will be there to bbq hamburgers again count us in.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:11 PM

Captain would go again this year but will be out of town.We really like you bbq'd burgers last year hope you get a good turn out.Cheers Andy
Old 04-28-2011, 07:03 AM

Default range clean-up

its offical,we will be out there with burgers chips pop and water so no need to pack anything,sarcee is proud to be involved.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:33 AM

Default Thanks Sarcee - Range Clean-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain View Post
its offical,we will be out there with burgers chips pop and water so no need to pack anything,sarcee is proud to be involved.
"Way to Go" Sarcee

Old 05-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Default Cleanup at Homestead Public Ranges

Hi All,

Just a reminder - The APRA is having a cleanup day at Homestead Public Ranges. Those who wish to give a helping hand are requested to bring a rake and a shovel and some good work gloves. Heavy duty garbage bags will be available. If you have a quad with a trailer please bring it.

Burgers, Soft Drinks and Water will be available. Thanks to Sarcee Fish and Game Association for bring the food out.

Clean up will be on May 28th starting at 9:00 AM alternate date will be the following weekend should weather be a problem.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Joe B
APRA President
Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 AM

Default SaturdayA mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent

Hi All,

I Think that the Ground will be a little muddy - but we still will be ok to do the range clean up. What do you Guys and Gals think??

Saturday A mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 6. High 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC View Post
Hi All,

Just a reminder - The APRA is having a cleanup day at Homestead Public Ranges. Those who wish to give a helping hand are requested to bring a rake and a shovel and some good work gloves. Heavy duty garbage bags will be available. If you have a quad with a trailer please bring it.

Burgers, Soft Drinks and Water will be available. Thanks to Sarcee Fish and Game Association for bring the food out.

Clean up will be on May 28th starting at 9:00 AM alternate date will be the following weekend should weather be a problem.

Joe B
APRA President
Old 05-26-2011, 08:36 AM

I'd like to come out to help cleanup as long as it's not ****ing rain. I dont mind waiting another week if the weather is going to improve.

Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building
Old 05-26-2011, 11:07 AM

Default May 28th Rained out - Moved to June 4th

May 28th Rained out - Moved to June 4th

The APRA is having a cleanup at Homestead Public Ranges. Those who wish to give a helping hand are requested to bring a rake and a shovel and some good work gloves. Heavy duty garbage bags will be available. If you have a quad with a trailer.

Soft Drinks, water and burgers will available for the group, thanks to Sarcee Fish and Game. Clean up will be on June 4th starting at 9:00 AM alternate date will be the following weekend should weather be a problem.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:23 AM

Hope to see you there !! Only two more sleeps !!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:06 PM

Default cleanup

hey guys we are going to sweeten the pot even more.Sarcee has a very nice prize that is going to be given to a lucky volunteerso we have tonnes of burgers and drinks and we hope to see lots of folks.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:02 PM

Start Time 9:00 come early if you want ..
Cheers
JB

Old 06-05-2011, 07:03 AM

Thanks to ALL who showed up and put some big time effort into cleaning up.
Thanks to SARCEE FISH & GAME for cooking up Great burgers,having Pop and chips for all that worked the clean up. They also had a draw for a Large Cooler for the workers.
Guess what a Woman won the Draw.
Joe Thank you for all your efforts, looking forward to the new improvements that will be made to the Range Area.

To all that showed up to shoot and found out about the Clean Up and stayed to help Thank You your efforts are appriciated, Those who showed up to shoot and then Disappeared, you KNOW WHO YOU ARE well you should do that.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:14 AM

It is great to learn that people showed up. I have been stuck in my office all weekend, but I really wanted to get out there with #1 son to help. Hopefully we'll be out there next year

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wildlife View Post
Thanks to ALL who showed up and put some big time effort into cleaning up.
Thanks to SARCEE FISH & GAME for cooking up Great burgers,having Pop and chips for all that worked the clean up. They also had a draw for a Large Cooler for the workers.
Guess what a Woman won the Draw.
Joe Thank you for all your efforts, looking forward to the new improvements that will be made to the Range Area.

To all that showed up to shoot and found out about the Clean Up and stayed to help Thank You your efforts are appriciated, Those who showed up to shoot and then Disappeared, you KNOW WHO YOU ARE well you should do that.
X2. We all enjoy shooting, and the betterment/preservation of of the range, so even if some of these people would stop and help for 30 mins, it would have made the day go a bit better. Thanks to all those who came out to help, and put in the effort. I know, after seeing some of the members only side, I will definitely be joining one of those clubs in the VERY near future.

Thanks again to all.

Mac
Old 06-05-2011, 04:00 PM

i was able to help when the first date was set buy this weekend was hard for me to get out, i wish i could of, i was goig to be some more 45 gal drums from work.

CN
Old 06-05-2011, 10:51 PM

Thank you SARCEE FISH & GAME for the Food, POP, Door Prize and a good chat. Thanks to all the helpers that came out. Also would like to thank the special person(s) that cleaned up the shotgun range sometime between Monday PM and Sat AM.

Cheers
JB
Old 06-05-2011, 11:35 PM

Glad to have been of service. Wish I could have hung out for the whole day. Looking forward to seeing how it all turned out. YYC, when are you guys going to start working on the changes to the range? Just wondering if I should bother making the drive out if its shut down for work.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 PM

Well, now I feel like a fart! I guess I need to check this more often. Crap.

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!