Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-22-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL_JR View Post
Kinda what I figured and thanks for taking the time to do that video.

There are positives to a chipper that maybe jiffy should concentrate on advertising. They re drill old holes better and do doubles better. Chippers are also supposed to be more durable for dirty ice. With that said I fish all over and the only time I've really run into dirty ice was off Garnet on Cold lake where I assume the ice froze right after a wind storm where the shallow part of the shelf must have had a bunch of dirt kicked up and then it froze. My buddy was running a Jiffy and me the Strikemaster and they both dulled pretty darn quick.

I see that Jiffy has brought out a hand auger with shaver style blades, curious if it will be used more in the future unless the rogue turns out to be a true competitor and people ignore the massive power head. In the end people will buy Jiffy, cause it says Jiffy and probably be happy enough as the large majority of ice anglers just punch a handful a day and that's good but I do think they run the risk of vanishing unless they change it up a bit. Reading around the interwebs seems like there is a bit of buyer remorse from those who went for the E6 and who knows if they would take the chance on Jiffy again.
Talk about the buyers remorse I feel right now! lol Honestly its not a bad drill head. I just dont understand why they didn't make an efficient design for hand drill users. I still see value in it based on cost and what it can do. It just seems like this torch is made for a big power head like the rogue.

Now I gotta find someone with a newer gen pistolbit with the center bit or a liteflite in 8"

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 12-22-2021, 06:51 PM

That bag is a stupid design.

I put a small pail inside the bucket/tupperware and leave it there - you can insert the auger blade in there and the plastic will protect the blade from cutting the bag.

or, a blade cover. Seems like it was overlooked ..... no common sense in this stupid design.

I also don't understand the need to protect the flights on the auger .... what for?