Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-19-2021, 06:10 PM

Default Jiffy parts dealer

I have a jiffy model 30-2 stroke and broke the recoil while on the ice today. Pretty easy to replace but I'm looking for a parts dealer.

I live in Calgary and I recently took it in for servicing. The shop tuned it and replaced the carb filter. They said they have a parts dealer in Edmonton.

Anyone know who has parts I can order from? I'd rather not pay another 100 bucks for a servicing.

Thanks all, tight lines.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:57 PM

check the lawnmower hospital

www.lawnmowerhosp.com
Old 12-19-2021, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogg909 View Post
I have a jiffy model 30-2 stroke and broke the recoil while on the ice today. Pretty easy to replace but I'm looking for a parts dealer.

I live in Calgary and I recently took it in for servicing. The shop tuned it and replaced the carb filter. They said they have a parts dealer in Edmonton.

Anyone know who has parts I can order from? I'd rather not pay another 100 bucks for a servicing.

Thanks all, tight lines.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/333518238937...IAAOSwcV5eStOk

One left here.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-20-2021, 06:01 AM

Most small engine dealers that still sell Tecumseh parts should be able to help. It is not unique to ice fishing. Yetmans out of Winnipeg is where many of the dealers get their parts so a good place to check and see if they will ship you one.
Old 12-20-2021, 09:52 AM

Thanks folks appreciate your help!
Old 12-20-2021, 02:21 PM

Brother two small engine in Calgary can fix u up. Great to deal with and know their stuff. U can get all your Eskimo tent parts, etc from there as well.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:44 PM

Recoils can usually be emergency fixed to get you by. If the spring broke close to the end with the bend in it like it usually does you can bend what's left of your spring similar to the broken end and slip it into the slot and rewind and slip it back on. Jiffies have a long rope especially the older ones. Which means lots of spring. You might have some slack or "extra" rope after fixing your spring. Just cut it and reattach your handle where it stops "recoiling" back into the recoil housing. I hope this helps, kinda hard to explain but not the end of the world when a recoil spring breaks.
Old 12-20-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old dog View Post
Brother two small engine in Calgary can fix u up. Great to deal with and know their stuff. U can get all your Eskimo tent parts, etc from there as well.
I just got it serviced from them last week. Agreed they are great, just unlucky the recoil broke after the second hole yesterday.

I found the part in Calgary it's only four screws. Rather not have to pay another 100 for labour.
Old 12-20-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Recoils can usually be emergency fixed to get you by. If the spring broke close to the end with the bend in it like it usually does you can bend what's left of your spring similar to the broken end and slip it into the slot and rewind and slip it back on. Jiffies have a long rope especially the older ones. Which means lots of spring. You might have some slack or "extra" rope after fixing your spring. Just cut it and reattach your handle where it stops "recoiling" back into the recoil housing. I hope this helps, kinda hard to explain but not the end of the world when a recoil spring breaks.
Good to know thanks.
It wasn't the spring that broke it was the plastic housing on the inside where it broke.

Tags
jiffy ice auger, recoil