Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 AM

Default NSR help

hey there.im fairly newtofishing the edmonton region. ive been comming up latly to visit friends and wanted to try fishing the nsr. i was down at hermitage yeasterday but was unsure of where to go. i walked along to the yellowhead bridge and saw no decent spots to fish from. im not sure if im just not in the right area. any help i get at all would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:00 AM

If you park in hermitage on the east end, walk through the dog park and you'll find an outfall. Fishing near there is decent but very busy at times.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:31 AM
Banned

yellow head bridge? never heard of it. either way your very close. go to the hermitage off leash dog park. it's the first right (east) from the "yellow head bridge" and park as far north as you can. walk another 100 ydrs north and your there. good luck.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:36 AM

If you are driving east on 118 ave it turns into Victoria trail. Turn right at the first lights at the new Tim Hortins. this road goes down to the Park . Stay left and go to the dog off leash area . Park and walk down the dog bath .about 800 yards to the right its alttle open field just walk across the field to the river and fish. Good luck.
Ps
If you hear someone talking to much and gives you a big welcome you found Waterninja fishing spot
Old 05-11-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
yellow head bridge? never heard of it. either way your very close. go to the hermitage off leash dog park. it's the first right (east) from the "yellow head bridge" and park as far north as you can. walk another 100 ydrs north and your there. good luck.
He's talking about the Beverly bridge, and I know you knew that

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams