Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2024, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Yessir, this is the problem the UCP has, real math

When people are getting their investment knowledge from Facebook posts from drunk uncle Ted, this is what we get I’m afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2024, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vingiu View Post
When people are getting their investment knowledge from Facebook posts from drunk uncle Ted, this is what we get I’m afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was there problems with the numbers I set forth? I assure you I have no uncle Ted and I am not drunk. A prolific member earlier in this thread who was in the investment business posted about ROI of CPP. What was wrong with his posts?
Old 02-09-2024, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Was there problems with the numbers I set forth? I assure you I have no uncle Ted and I am not drunk. A prolific member earlier in this thread who was in the investment business posted about ROI of CPP. What was wrong with his posts?
The simple fact is that we have numbers already presented. Pro Ponzi schemers are upset and trying to discredit without evidence of their own. Time to bring the money home.
Old 02-09-2024, 07:09 AM

I have to wonder about anyone that would trust the Trudeau liberals, more than the provincial government, when it comes to finances. No government in Canada has ever been as corrupt and incompetent as the Trudeau liberals.
Old 02-09-2024, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have to wonder about anyone that would trust the Trudeau liberals, more than the provincial government, when it comes to finances. No government in Canada has ever been as corrupt and incompetent as the Trudeau liberals.
There’s a reason we have to pay a 2nd CPP tax that nobody asked for. It’s not from the golly gee goodness of the lieberals hearts. The biggest non-secret is that the scam wasn't sustainable as is. As in all Ponzi schemes, they needed new money. Time to bring the money home where it belongs.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:53 AM

Quote:
All that confederation now means to Alberta, is that we subsidize the other provinces, and the federal government. We have a federal government that constantly attacks our provinces ecomony, and keeps us from starting more projects, to provide more employment, and more income for our province.
Confederation gives us another level of government to impose more taxes on us and create legislation that tells us how to live our lives. We pay for all their crazy spending spree's, throwing money around all over the world like it comes off some money tree.

Separation would be a good thing for all of the western provinces.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
There’s a reason we have to pay a 2nd CPP tax that nobody asked for. It’s not from the golly gee goodness of the lieberals hearts. The biggest non-secret is that the scam wasn't sustainable as is. As in all Ponzi schemes, they needed new money. Time to bring the money home where it belongs.
It was sustainable the way it was, what they are doing is setting up to have more come off your pay check so your CPP payouts will be bigger. and while that is happening they can cut back on other govt benefits [OAS]. If you get $100 CPP now plus $20 OAS for $120....in a few years you will get $120 CPP and no OAS. It's the govt way, give with one hand while they take with the other.
Old 02-09-2024, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
It was sustainable the way it was, what they are doing is setting up to have more come off your pay check so your CPP payouts will be bigger. and while that is happening they can cut back on other govt benefits [OAS]. If you get $100 CPP now plus $20 OAS for $120....in a few years you will get $120 CPP and no OAS. It's the govt way, give with one hand while they take with the other.
CPP will always be sustainable, they just increase premiums as required, even if that means doubling and tripling the premiums over time.
Old 02-09-2024, 12:18 PM

Quote:
CPP will always be sustainable, they just increase premiums as required, even if that means doubling and tripling the premiums over time.
At this point, it wouldn’t surprise me if they just outright said it. It’s another tax, plain & simple & the lieberals just increased it. If we’re not able to opt out, it’s a tax.
Old 02-09-2024, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I’m sure we’ll have a 3rd cpp tax to pay sometime in the next 10 years. It’s all just smoke & mirrors.
Old 02-09-2024, 02:19 PM

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/site...ion-to-cpp.pdf
Old 02-09-2024, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
^Awesome article. There’s no reason for Alberta to stay in the CPP. It’s just silly.
Old 02-09-2024, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Look at that. Math that had nothing to do with the UCP and published in 2019.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 02-09-2024, 03:22 PM

Quote:

They say inflation is 3 or 4 percent but that's only if you make millions
If you retired before covid on 2000 a month everything has gone up so much that now you would need over 3000 a month to break even
Old 02-16-2024, 09:08 AM

https://www.westernstandard.news/new...-alberta/52462

No kidding lol. Even their version of numbers won’t look good for the Ponzi scheme hahaha. Their version is never coming folks. Why? Because it confirms what Albertans already know. Time to bring the money home.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
They say inflation is 3 or 4 percent but that's only if you make millions
If you retired before covid on 2000 a month everything has gone up so much that now you would need over 3000 a month to break even
Inflation is not really a good measure of how the cost of living goes up, as the basket of goods each individual/family spends money on is different.

But your point is correct, the less you have to work with the more you will notice inflation. It's absolutely higher than 4% for the average Canadian, plus tax.

Our union would recommend we sign a 2-2-2% contract while reported inflation was over 5% and we would sign even knowing 35% of our raise would be taken right off the top in taxes. Then we wonder why everything is so expensive and unaffordable now, because we signed it away.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Inflation is not really a good measure of how the cost of living goes up, as the basket of goods each individual/family spends money on is different.

But your point is correct, the less you have to work with the more you will notice inflation. It's absolutely higher than 4% for the average Canadian, plus tax.

Our union would recommend we sign a 2-2-2% contract while reported inflation was over 5% and we would sign even knowing 35% of our raise would be taken right off the top in taxes. Then we wonder why everything is so expensive and unaffordable now, because we signed it away.
Figure we’re still easily around 7-8% if not more. Tiff Macklem needs to get the good ol’ heave ho. It’s ridiculous/nonsense they’re even looking at cutting when they still haven’t even hit their own mandated target of 2%. Do the job you were mandated to do or find someone that will. That’s not in the lieberal’s interests though…
Old 02-16-2024, 10:35 AM

Quote:

Id tell your union to suck it and get back to the negotiating table.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:38 AM

Wow Lots of financial wisdom here for sure .
Has not anyone read the real reason for the CPP 2nd increase for this year and next ?
It was stated to ensure there was enough funds for the Kids of today to collect in the year 2064 !! that is correct 2064 .
So 40 years from now when I'm long gone , My kids will have more money in the pot to draw from (Lame excuse for a flawed system ) .
Though as stated earlier ,The increase occurred in a hurry and at a huge rate when APP was announced . The feds are scrambling to build the nest egg that will be substantially drained when Alberta takes what is supposedly a majority of the pot.
I began collecting last year at 60 and its invested for my wifes future even though i took the reduced rate ,she will have more when I'm done paying my taxes and becoming fertilizer.
Cant rely on Feds to handle your affairs .!! Bring on APP ,cant be worse than what occurred over the last decade of Libs.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:42 AM

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...plan-1.7117056

Looks like the feds are going to actually work on it for this fall. Will see how the news/numbers/delivery tie into a possible snap summer election. If I believed in conspiracy.
Old 02-16-2024, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan15 View Post
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...plan-1.7117056

Looks like the feds are going to actually work on it for this fall. Will see how the news/numbers/delivery tie into a possible snap summer election. If I believed in conspiracy.
Don’t kid yourself. They’ll only try to defend numbers when Alberta leaves. They’ll stall, delay, blah blah for as long as possible till we pull the plug on CPP. They already know it’s not looking good for them, it’s not a secret. Their “fumbling” is just another stall tactic. We already have numbers, time to bring the money home.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
Wow Lots of financial wisdom here for sure .
Has not anyone read the real reason for the CPP 2nd increase for this year and next ?
It was stated to ensure there was enough funds for the Kids of today to collect in the year 2064 !! that is correct 2064 .
So 40 years from now when I'm long gone , My kids will have more money in the pot to draw from (Lame excuse for a flawed system ) .
Though as stated earlier ,The increase occurred in a hurry and at a huge rate when APP was announced . The feds are scrambling to build the nest egg that will be substantially drained when Alberta takes what is supposedly a majority of the pot.
I began collecting last year at 60 and its invested for my wifes future even though i took the reduced rate ,she will have more when I'm done paying my taxes and becoming fertilizer.
Cant rely on Feds to handle your affairs .!! Bring on APP ,cant be worse than what occurred over the last decade of Libs.
I've been tracking my projected monthly payout for a few years now, my estimated payout has increased around $100, which I expect to draw sometime a few years out. I will guess this actually increases by the the time I retire. So actually, my increased premiums will affect me directly.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-21-2024, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Don’t kid yourself. They’ll only try to defend numbers when Alberta leaves. They’ll stall, delay, blah blah for as long as possible till we pull the plug on CPP. They already know it’s not looking good for them, it’s not a secret. Their “fumbling” is just another stall tactic. We already have numbers, time to bring the money home.
Why wouldn't they defend the numbers ? Alberta contributes approximately 16.5% of the CPP, yes it is disproportionate to the rest of the country due to our dynamic economy and workforce here.

But, when your elected representative states 53%, well here lies the problem and the federal government should defend the numbers. Our lady at the wheel hasn't changed much, sure she is making waves Ottawa, but good lord use some factual numbers. So many here think she is our savior, many Canadian's think the same about sparkly socks out east.
Old 02-21-2024, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Why wouldn't they defend the numbers ? Alberta contributes approximately 16.5% of the CPP, yes it is disproportionate to the rest of the country due to our dynamic economy and workforce here.

But, when your elected representative states 53%, well here lies the problem and the federal government should defend the numbers. Our lady at the wheel hasn't changed much, sure she is making waves Ottawa, but good lord use some factual numbers. So many here think she is our savior, many Canadian's think the same about sparkly socks out east.
Our numbers are out there and were developed by a 3rd party. The lieberals hate it, but will not counter until taken to court. It’s inconvenient for them to do so in advance of this because it gets the ball rolling on Alberta actually leaving the tax. It’s a lose/lose for them.
Old 02-21-2024, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Our numbers are out there and were developed by a 3rd party. The lieberals hate it, but will not counter until taken to court. It’s inconvenient for them to do so in advance of this because it gets the ball rolling on Alberta actually leaving the tax. It’s a lose/lose for them.
Help me out here, you say the numbers are out there ? To my understanding, the Federal government has not released any factual documents to support any real projections... Do you mind sharing factual information, not speculation please.

How do you feel about our representative using the figure of 53% to upset the general population ?
Old 02-21-2024, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Help me out here, you say the numbers are out there ? To my understanding, the Federal government has not released any factual documents to support any real projections... Do you mind sharing factual information, not speculation please.

How do you feel about our representative using the figure of 53% to upset the general population ?
Why wouldn't she use 53% to get her base wound up? It works every time...there doesn't need to be any truth to it, in fact the more crazy the number, the easier it sells to them. Once a shock jock...always a shock jock.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Why wouldn't she use 53% to get her base wound up? It works every time...there doesn't need to be any truth to it, in fact the more crazy the number, the easier it sells to them. Once a shock jock...always a shock jock.
Bingo.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:07 AM

The simple fact is that the provincial government will give a high number, ro make the APP look more attractive, and the federal government will give a low number, to make the APP appear less attractive, and the two will likely never agree on how to calculate a number that accurately represents the actual situation.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:10 AM

Quote:

Re-read my post please. OUR numbers are out. Feds will not release anything till we go to court. Lieberals are the only ones upset by it.

Here’s the Lifeworks report:

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/8453...ns-2023-08.pdf
Old 02-21-2024, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Bingo.
The lieberals haven’t refuted it with any numbers and they don’t want to.