Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2007, 12:31 AM
baretrax

Default terror storm...........

Anyone here watch Alex Jones's movie terror wars. Just finished watching it and imho, make a person realize just what the gov't and the media are capable of. Scary stuff.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Okotokian

nope, what's the premise of the movie?
Old 02-27-2007, 04:15 PM
osterb

It's always good to be weary of your government. Alex Jones is however an alarmist at the best of times.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:39 PM
baretrax

He is pretty extreme no doubt, but it does make you wonder. The movie is about government " black ops " involvement in some pretty controversial world events. He then goes on to explain how the gov't manipulates the population to follow and agree to certain losses of rights that they would have never agreed to in the first place, but do, because of the incidents. Opened my eyes................and got me thinking.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 AM
rugatika

Default SOP

I've never seen the movie but this is pretty standard for any government. THey use scare tactics to gain power and money from the people. Ever notice that our taxes are a little higher than they were in the 1920's?? Ever notice that we have a little less freedom than in the 1920's?? It's the creeping tyranny of a bloated government.

It usually goes something like..."It's for the good of the children, homeless, diseased, etc" Sometimes it is a good thing but usually it is just another method of gainging control over the population. Just like a dog that relies on its master to feed it we have become dogs of the government that rely on it to provide safe roads, housing, medical care, daycare, arts funding, skating rinks and so on depending on your level of need.

Governments never seem to shrink or stay the same size they are always growing and sucking more money out of our pockets. I'm not sure about all the black ops stuff. Sheeple are easily enough swayed by blatant lies that anything else is superfluous.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Okotokian

Quote:
It's always good to be weary of your government
LOL Osterb, I THINK you meant "wary", but actually I think weary is more fitting! I'm wary AND weary of them.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:42 PM
gunner 83

I've seen quite a few Alex Jones movies, the one that really is scary is the Bohemian Grove one, really really scary. The one Loose Change...ya i don't know. certainly some interesting arguments about 9/11, but like everything else, he has got an agenda.