Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-07-2020, 12:35 PM

i would have walked over with my copy of the regulations....pointed out what they were doing wrong....and told them all about the report a poacher program and the reward money available....maybe you could have turned them into law abiding fishermen and bounty hunters
Old 07-07-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
no...no...and another hard no.....you did your part and the law did thiers...no need to drag this on etc it might come back to bite you in the arse….just saying.

stick to fishin vids etc no need to turn this into HuyPro TIPS hunting down the bad guys....might loose a few nice viewers and invite a few not so nice....
After uploading the video I took it down the next day after thinking about how immature I was. I have a fishing channel. Not a Reality TV show. I'm not chasing down poachers for views. So I will stick to the fishing videos I have been doing. I apologise to anyone I offended.

To answer everyone that thinks they should approach the offenders to teach and educate them. I see your point but I highly disagree.
I grew up surrounded by poachers. Or people that had no fear for the law. Some acted like they were naive when the officer would show up.
Some may see that calling the authorities would be harsh without giving them a chance. We cannot assume that everyone is Mr Nice Guy and let him loose because maybe he came from another country. This is for the officers to decide.

I would also like to add that after you buy a fishing licence at The Fishin Hole, they always ask if you have the new regulations book. I don't think someone that doesn't understand english is gonna purchase a licence online. They need it physically done in the store.
(not sure what Canadian Tire gives the regulations book ect)

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 07-07-2020, 02:34 PM

Good call on taking down the video. For a whole bunch of reasons I agree with that. Did not say it when you decided to post but I truly was thinking, one more young guy that if it ain't on YouTube and getting hits and likes, it never happened. Self actualizing humans is still a thing, though badly out of style these days. It may sound old fashioned but you, and the targets of your video do not NEED to have every aspect of your whole life on line to be a validated human being.

Keep posting the fishing videos.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:40 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

good on you!!!!!!

when you get older then pursue the idiots in life....seniors TIPS program....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-07-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post

I feel like i have an angel and a devil on each shoulder right now. If it was to go public I understand it may anger many. Including poachers themselves. I'm putting myself in a position like i'm Chris hansens to catch a predator. Which will cause for some people to dislike the video and unsubscribe. Which i'm not worried about.

I'm also not worried about dark alley's or being attacked. The only thing i'm mainly concerned about is hurting the accused feelings. Thats why I cut out anything i could that would relate to race/ethnicity. I didnt show the faces of the accused because I'm not trying to smother the face of the accused all over the internet.

On the bright side poachers may fear me if they see me around these local lakes.

In the end nobody knows who they are and no harm no foul. i've got many pm's at the same time. Thats why I decided to make it public.

I apologise in advance to anyone that may see me differently. I guess my emotions I get when I run into a poacher angers me enough to try to convince myself to put it online.
Bah! You did fine and are a good person. Don't apologize for anything. Not too many would have called...probably some of the ones doing all the yapping now would not have. And, one of your first videos was about returning a lost tackle box to a very grateful person. I'd like to see some of the yappers actually do that. Hold your head high.

Tags
poacher