Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-20-2008, 05:44 PM

Default Pigeon walleye

Whats the deal with the walleye at pigeon. pulled one out of the hole and it was humped and it must of had a hundred little leeches on it. it looke sick and it felt like dead weight when i pulled it out of the hole. it was so ugly i took my plyers and i threw it back in the hole without a picture

i've also caught many like that in the summer
Old 02-20-2008, 09:55 PM

Hi,
I fished Pigeon Lake last summer from the Prov. Campground & had a tag for (2) walleyes, filled the tags, caught several walleye catch & release of course, great looking & the (2) I kept were GREAT tasting!!! No weird stuff on those fish!
Old 02-21-2008, 04:42 PM

used to be the whites at wabamun were covered in the parasites, but i think the spill has lessened the number of people and cabin owners using the lake and the fish are much cleaner. pigeon on the other hand has blown up in numbers of people using and polluting the lake and the fish leave a number of the worms on the ice after a catch...
just an observation
Old 02-21-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skykomish sunrise View Post
used to be the whites at wabamun were covered in the parasites, but i think the spill has lessened the number of people and cabin owners using the lake and the fish are much cleaner. pigeon on the other hand has blown up in numbers of people using and polluting the lake and the fish leave a number of the worms on the ice after a catch...
just an observation
Sorry man, that logic is just lost on me

I caught a beauty 5 lber on the weekend. Perfect looking in every detail. Maybe you just caught a dud
I have caught a number in the Mulhurst Bay area that seem to have the little red worms....whatever they are...stuck on. Some with about 50 or so on them. I can only guess that those little redish devils are more plentiful in that area and more on present on the fish. I doubt there is anything else to read into it but I'm no biologist either....I don't even know what they are