Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-28-2002, 10:13 PM
registration question

Default registration question

i was wondering....i wanted to register a cooey 22 semi auto of mine but it doesn't have a serial number.....what am i supposed to do
Old 07-29-2002, 08:21 AM
Don Meredith

Grizzly73,

You register the firearm without a serial number. There is a check box for such occurrence on the registration form. You then receive from the Firearms Centre a certificate without a serial number, which makes it more useless than usual. Later, much later, you will receive a Firearms Identification Number sticker in the mail that you are to attach to the receiver of the firearm. These stickers are only issued for those firearms without serial numbers.

Don
Old 07-29-2002, 10:38 AM
registration question

So, what's to stop someone of the criminal element from taking a stolen firearm and putting the sticker from another firemarm on it? O wait! No one would think of THAT. There has to be a better system. I don't know what it is, but this isn't it.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:08 PM
registration question

thanks for the helpful information Don
Old 09-04-2002, 11:54 PM
REGISTERING UNSERIALIZED FIREARMS

Default REGISTERING UNSERIALIZED FIREARMS

I to have the same 22 and prior to registration if I get around to it I will stamp into the receiver a serial number of my own characters (alpha numeric). I do know at least it will be registered as a serialized firearm and what would the chances be that some other registered owner has the same serial number? It is not totally impossible but what are the odds? It would be safe to sat they are highly in your favor. You would not have to wait for the sticker to arrive in the mail to find out it doesn't stick to the firearm as directed. GET THE PICTURE. I would not however do this if you have a collectable firearm as it would decrease its value as it's not in "original condition".