Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-28-2018, 09:16 AM

Default Liberal gun control coming in the spring

An article in the Star Phoenix written by Alex Macpherson says there will be gun legislation introduced this spring. I don't know how to post it here. Basically it is just...blah blah blah...and they aren't going to recreate a long gun registry.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:29 AM

Is this the story you're referring to ?

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...spring-goodale
Old 01-28-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
Is this the story you're referring to ?

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...spring-goodale
Yes it is, thank you.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:55 PM

Default Long gun registry in Quebec

Apparently CTV has an online story that Quebec
Will have the registry come into effect Monday !
Old 01-28-2018, 10:48 PM

Remember to thank all your Liberal voting gun buddies on this forum and others.....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Remember to thank all your Liberal voting gun buddies on this forum and others.....
Blinders are still mostly in place. I talk to my wife and my dad about politics, and that's about it. I'd rather keep my mouth shut, and keep my friends, than be right, and lose.most of them.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yup wonder if they are feeling it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
Blinders are still mostly in place. I talk to my wife and my dad about politics, and that's about it. I'd rather keep my mouth shut, and keep my friends, than be right, and lose.most of them.
Blinders on, including yourself. The problem is if you don't speak to people you'll never education them. The lack of education is the reason we have the governments that we do. If they're your friends you should be able to strike up debates and conversations without ending the friendship. And if the friendship ends well chances are you guys weren't really that good of friends to begin with.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Yup wonder if they are feeling it yet.

Blinders on, including yourself. The problem is if you don't speak to people you'll never education them. The lack of education is the reason we have the governments that we do. If they're your friends you should be able to strike up debates and conversations without ending the friendship. And if the friendship ends well chances are you guys weren't really that good of friends to begin with.
Actually for a good part of the population it is a waste of time debating politics. It usually ends up being an argument between uninformed participants from both sides. Problem is it is politics, most Canadians minds gloss over, go stunned after any more than 45 seconds and can't absorb information and their arguments and opinions are generally irrational. For the average Canadian our political and voting decisions are made like they were team sports bets, politics has become your team against our team and any rational discourse falls on deaf ears. They like the red team and you like the blue team. If you don't know which team your on you pick the one who promises you the biggest pile of candy.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
The people that I consider friends didn't vote liberal, I am too intolerant of stupidity to have those people for friends.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The people that I consider friends didn't vote liberal, I am too intolerant of stupidity to have those people for friends.
I should probably have elaborated. I do (and like to) participate in healthy debate with my more leftward friends. Not that any of them actually voted liberal or NDP, they're simply a little further left than I am. But in social situations where friends of friends express actual support for the more ridiculous policies we're seeing at the moment, I choose not to engage. It's simply not worth the effort to attempt to convince someone who is so blatantly ignoring the truth.

Last edited by Jimvinny; 01-29-2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Title
Old 01-29-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I don’t have many friends out east.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Likewise, including the ex who I punted on Oct 19, 2015 federal election day!
Old 01-29-2018, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhunter8 View Post
Likewise, including the ex who I punted on Oct 19, 2015 federal election day!
lol! nice
Old 01-29-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^ best post of 2018 so far
Old 01-29-2018, 01:22 PM

I've heard a few rumors including they might change the magazine capacities to 10 across the board - pistols, restricted rifles, and rimfire. Anyone else hear that? There are a lot of the 10 round AR pistol mags out there, so it would be hard to make them effectively prohibited.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I've heard a few rumors including they might change the magazine capacities to 10 across the board - pistols, restricted rifles, and rimfire. Anyone else hear that? There are a lot of the 10 round AR pistol mags out there, so it would be hard to make them effectively prohibited.
There is... err, was (I destroyed all mine and so did my all my friends) a lot more 25rnd 10/22 mags out there than 10 round AR mags and they seemed to have no problem making them prohibited.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
There is... err, was (I destroyed all mine and so did my all my friends) a lot more 25rnd 10/22 mags out there than 10 round AR mags and they seemed to have no problem making them prohibited.
Yes, I destroyed my 25 round 10/22 mag as well.

10 across the board is kind of logical in a way.... a liberal way, saying you're doing something while in fact not doing a damned thing lol.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Aimed at restricting access to handguns and assault weapons,

“To be clear, we have said all along that we will not recreate a federal long-gun registry, and we won’t,”
can we just go back to the registry days?? i feel like things are about to get worse...
Old 01-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
If the capacity is changed to 10 rds wouldn't that keep the current 10 rd mags legal?
Old 01-29-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
If the capacity is changed to 10 rds wouldn't that keep the current 10 rd mags legal?
In theory the only thing that would change would be rimfire magazine capacities.... as we all know, Canada has had more than it's fair share of massacres with high capacity rimfires. Think of the children!
Old 01-29-2018, 03:46 PM

I'm wondering what they mean by enhanced background checks?
Are they going to contact my grade school teachers or send me to the Liberal headquarters for interrogation and brain washing.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:23 PM
Banned

Think they will make it mandatory for pictures on rpals and pals?
Old 01-29-2018, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I'm wondering what they mean by enhanced background checks?
probably just psychological evaluations for everyone
Old 01-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
In theory the only thing that would change would be rimfire magazine capacities.... as we all know, Canada has had more than it's fair share of massacres with high capacity rimfires. Think of the children!
Ahh yes. Rimfires are without a doubt the most used firearm in criminal activities.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:51 PM

The only thing Im a bit weary of is the permit requirements coming again, makes handguns a pain in the ass once more. (Just reading the promises on the liberal page) Showing your license and vendors keeping a record Id support. The branding of new firearms coming in makes me worry about what theyll do with those that arent. As for the background check, Im not sure what more theyll do, and Im mostly thinking itll just cost us more for the sport than it already does.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
If they voted for the gun grabbing Liberals or NDP then I really don't need them as friends....Thanks anyhow.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
Think they will make it mandatory for pictures on rpals and pals?
...Lol, no I'm thinking that probably won't be in the plans with this lib crew. I like your point though!