Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2018, 10:49 AM

Default LR 22lr

Not wanting to hijack another thread I figured I'd start a new one. In past years I got into LR shooting using a couple of my 22lr rifles. ( I consider anything from 150-300 yds long range for this caliber) I have large caliber LR rifles that I do shoot out past 1000yds with but lately have found the cost of running a few hundred rounds every couple of weeks to be stretching the budget( single income family w 6 kids) so I've decided to jump back into rim fire training. My goal is running my 22s to 300 yds on 6" plates and hopfully working up to 500 yds on 8 or 10" plates.the two rifles I plan on using have proven to be accurate and have hits on targets out to 400yds already( although not consistently). Has anyone else ever trained with a rim fire to these distances? I'm fully aware of all the difficulties that arise with LR rim fire but am intrigued with running these little suckers way out there and hope that the things learned while stretching the legs on this round will spill over into the larger caliber rifles. Have fun and keep it in the xring