Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: huh

Quote:
Jamie, leave that rope alone...lol
Now that was good

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Like I said, lets see what happens on Tuesday in the DOME
BTW Ticket prices on Ebay are still kind of resonable for those that want to go. I am sure the dome will be rocking.

Jamie
Old 04-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Tucumseh

Quote:
WOW 15 shots, I'm sure they were all excellant shots though (quality scoring chances right?), to the what?
That's 15 more than the soilers got.
And I wouldn't talk about proud if I were you!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Davey Crocket

1 word... 4 letters......DONE. GO WINGS GO!!:smokin
Old 04-15-2007, 10:38 PM
BloodHound70

Oh Brownbear, what's the matter pumkin. Just cause your phlems are getting flushed down the preverbial toity doesn't mean you need to lash out needlessly:lol :lol :lol It's o.k it will all be over soon.....:lol :lol
2 more Wing wins to go!!!

GO ABC

BH
Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Senator

Wow, what a bunch of bandwagon hitchers. Your oilers dont even make the playoffs so you just cheer for whatever team is playing Calgary.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Mackaylake

Can't say that I jumped on any bandwagon. There was no room when they came from Atlanta. I've despised them ever since. But then that was before you were born wasn't it. Someday you will see the light. (it will be a flickering phlegm)
Old 04-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Jamie Hunt

Quote:
Can't say that I jumped on any bandwagon. There was no room when they came from Atlanta.
Kind of like when the Oilers came out of the WHA?????
Come on, saying people are bandwagon jumpers because a NHL team came to their town is ridiculous. It demeans you Mackay. I know you can do better.

Jamie
Old 04-16-2007, 12:22 AM
brownbomber

Default flames

hey i still think the flames, the wings are beatable. they are not a tough team or a team with lots of heart. the flames just have to outhit and outhustle them. they are capable of doing it. just gotta put in a sustained effort. they can skate and they can play, just haven't seen them at their potential for very long stretches this season.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: flames

BB
Tues is going to be very interesting. I also know they have it in them. I hope they know it as well.
KEEP THE FAITH BROTHER!

Jamie
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 AM
brownbomber

Default flames

i don't need faith, i don't even like the flames, they are just a better hockey team than they are capable of being right now. i also hate to see soft teams beat a hard nosed team because the flames are scared to impose their will.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Jamie Hunt

:lol :lol We are all Flames fans at heart
:lol :lol

Jamie
Old 04-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Baulde

I for one hope the Flames show up on Tuesday and not just the "Calgary Kiprusoffs".

They have to pull some magic. Only 13% of teams down 2-0 have come back from that.

Greaser fans never seem to make me question why I hate that northern AA team:\
Old 04-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Tree Guy

I'm a die hard Oilers fan but live in Calgary (non-native Albertan) But I am cheering for our Alberta team now as my Oilers JUST miss 8th spot, lol! Hell, is there an 80th spot?

What I noticed about games 1 and 2 is the absolute lack of emotion, confidence, effort and game plan! Brutal, this is the playoffs, act like it!

Where I place the blame is with the coaching staff. The team look unprepared and unmotivated. The wings are well oiled machine and know their game plan. The Flames look like there is no game plan, thus the lack of effort on the part of the players. It's a shame as they are a better group than that. If only the anti-Canadian bias from the refs was laid to rest, this would be an entirely different series.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Baulde

Even if the flames pull out of this, im pretty sure Playfair is finished. Perhaps Darryl Sutter could convince Brent Sutter to coach for us , I wish. Playfair was great as asst, but he seems to be to buddy buddy with the boys. They need the fear of Sutter instilled into them

- E
Old 04-16-2007, 01:27 AM
kanonfodder

Default 2 more baby

..... anyone who expected me to cheer for the Flamers is sadly mistaken. I hate the team, their bandwagon fans, the players, the owners, the stupid 3rd Jersey, the Dead mile, Harvey the Hound and the Platex pantyliner dome. There isn't one redeeming quality about your team. I will take great glee from Detroit eliminating you from round one.....you will once again have that great team on paper and you will end up on the outside in the first round just like the STAMPS....

..yes I am a bitter bitter fan

Go Oil in 08 :b lol
Old 04-16-2007, 01:43 AM
kanonfodder

Default Re: 2 more baby

hmmm not sure why my banner wasn't on my post not reneging just kinda odd......
Old 04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Ishpah

Ya gotta like CBC this morning, coast to coast, "Flames Fizzle in Motown".
Old 04-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Jamie Hunt

TSN was saying that Sutter should replace Playfair before game 3.
Now that would be something different.
I wonder what that would do to the locker room?
Good, Bad?

I think it would be a huge wake up call, but it might make Sutter look bad to other future coaches. That and make him look like a egotistical bugger.

Jamie
Old 04-16-2007, 03:23 PM
kanonfodder

For you Baulde cuz you like stats so much.....from the Calgary Sun......

Quote:
The 23 shots on goal surrendered in the opening 20 minutes of yesterday's 3-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings set a new franchise standard for most allowed in a period of a playoff game. The old mark of 22 was set April 6, 1984, a 5-2 loss to the Edmonton Oilers.
I won't bring up the franchise record low for shots in a playoff game....oh wait I guess I just did, ah well you guys are used to disappointment.......geez anothe thought you haven't won a game since March 31 vs Van thats 6 losses in a row..not as bad as my OIL but then the most you can lose is 8 in a row......see you on the golf course boys......
Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Mackaylake

Kanon, would you be thinking FORE straight?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Jamie Hunt

I just scored 2 Tix to tommorow nights game.
I know they have more, so go to ticketmaster ASAP if you want to go.

Jamie

BTW boys, I hear the Oilers game has been in fine shape. Its not often you get to hit the links on the trade deadline.
Only down 2, you need 4 to win.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:24 PM
perchfisher90

whats funny is the shames fans saying things like 'whats sad is the edmonton bandwagoners that cheer for every team but calgary'...talk about calling the kettle black! Remember last year? when we made it to game 7 of the stanley cup final? If you guys cant beat that this year, the little remaining that you have over us, and i mean little, is shattered. BUST OUT THE BROOMS BOYS:rollin
Old 04-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Duk Dog

Jamie - where (section) did you p/u your tickets? I'm looking but no luck for a pair that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Jamie Hunt

Duk. I am up in the second level, 15 rows up. Cost was 210 for the pair.
Just try asking for a cheaper pair.
I might be interested in upgrading.
Call me at 813-2704

Jamie
Old 04-16-2007, 10:17 PM
kanonfodder

Quote:
Only down 2, you need 4 to win.
Actually I don't need to win any neither does my team, you're team on the other hand have to win FOUR whilst the Wings only need to win 2.

Flames current streak- 6 straight losses
Old 04-17-2007, 12:22 AM
kanonfodder

I remember saying at the time that it was bad karma for the Flames to have Lord Stanley carried in by Vernon at his retirement ceremony, thought the same when Mess did it at his.........anyone else think maybe it caught up with BOTH teams???????
Old 04-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Tree Guy

Never even considered that Kannon. But WOW! Great point.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Fire Suppress

Default Fire Suppression!

"FLAMES SPUTTER IN COWTOWN!'

I just wanted to beat the CBC to this headline.:rollin :rollin