Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-20-2014, 01:45 PM

You know I can remember when Chuck Adams...a finger shooter with compounds...with a second generation compound bow was shooting critters out to 50-60ys with a bow...

wholly crap Controversy...he was a demon...unethical...a mad man!!!

Chuck was the first archer to complete the "Super Slam" - the taking of all 27 species of North American big game. He has also bagged 111 Pope & Young record-book trophies and 181 Safari Club International records, more than anyone else in history.
Chuck is the only bowhunter to complete five Grand Slams on American deer, and hold five Pope & Young World Records. At age 50, he is the youngest archer ever inducted into the Bowhunters Hall of Fame and SCI Bowhunters Hall of Honor.

Neil
Old 08-20-2014, 02:19 PM

If I was the worrying type I'd be less concerned about ABB shooting at 70 yards and more worried that he's practicing shooting with his head lights on the target. lol Just Kidding.

In all seriousness nice shooting. I'm glad to see that bow hunting looks like it will work out for you this year. I just hope I can tune my Exodus when they arrive. Your other post has me nervous. lol
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 08-20-2014, 03:48 PM

Lol Zulu
Old 08-20-2014, 04:12 PM

nice shooting ABB, aim small miss small ..and do it on a big deer . Waiting for field photos .
Old 08-20-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
nice shooting ABB, aim small miss small ..and do it on a big deer . Waiting for field photos .
I don't know , seems some negativity going on just from him posting about having some fun shooting out to 80 yards. Imagine if he posted a dead animal killed by his bow
Old 08-21-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
I don't know , seems some negativity going on just from him posting about having some fun shooting out to 80 yards. Imagine if he posted a dead animal killed by his bow
And where did I say anything negative ? I don't think I'm the one getting nit picky here .
Old 08-21-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
And where did I say anything negative ? I don't think I'm the one getting nit picky here .
I don't think he was talking about you

LC
Old 08-20-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
If I was the worrying type I'd be less concerned about ABB shooting at 70 yards and more worried that he's practicing shooting with his head lights on the target. lol Just Kidding.

In all seriousness nice shooting. I'm glad to see that bow hunting looks like it will work out for you this year. I just hope I can tune my Exodus when they arrive. Your other post has me nervous. lol
MikeW and i found they flew better taking the O ring off on the Exodus
Old 08-20-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
MikeW and i found they flew better taking the O ring off on the Exodus
How close were they getting to your field points?
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 08-21-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
You know I can remember when Chuck Adams...a finger shooter with compounds...with a second generation compound bow was shooting critters out to 50-60ys with a bow...

wholly crap Controversy...he was a demon...unethical...a mad man!!!

Chuck was the first archer to complete the "Super Slam" - the taking of all 27 species of North American big game. He has also bagged 111 Pope & Young record-book trophies and 181 Safari Club International records, more than anyone else in history.
Chuck is the only bowhunter to complete five Grand Slams on American deer, and hold five Pope & Young World Records. At age 50, he is the youngest archer ever inducted into the Bowhunters Hall of Fame and SCI Bowhunters Hall of Honor.

Neil
And he wore an awesome toque!
Every time I see a toque like that I think of Chuck. It was his trademark.

Just like whenever I see a deer in the headlights from now on, I'll be thinking of ABB trying to lobb an arrow at it.

Nice shooting by the way.