Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2013, 11:08 AM

Default Should We Be Concern?

Should we be concerned about what are children are being taught in Schools today?

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2360476813001
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 PM

From a teacher standpoint, parents should ALWAYS be concerned about what there kids are taught and voice out their concerns in a timely and appropriate manner to the proper school authorities (Minister, the board, principal or teacher.)
Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 PM

I'm wondering why the parent who found that crap on the wall didn't remove it themselves. If I walked into my kids school and saw that, it would be gone...
Old 05-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
I'm wondering why the parent who found that crap on the wall didn't remove it themselves. If I walked into my kids school and saw that, it would be gone...
x2

My wife and I are actively engaged in the various parent councils for our kid's schools. There has a been lot of discussion lately about a new grading system they are using. The other parents that we know are all concerned about this new system. Few of them profess to even understand it. Yet, when given the opportunity to voice their concerns and ask questions, only 4 (yes, 4) out of the roughly 700 parents in that school bothered to show up for the meeting.

It's little wonder that wayward agendas have free reign in our schools when parents are providing little to no oversight.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Banned

HOLY FARG!!! I can only imagine what my Mom or Dad would have done if this had been on the wall when I was in Grade 7. Or other parents for that matter. There would have been some hell raised.

This is bordering on corruption of minors. No wonder these libs are OK with child molesters running free. They're all messed up themselves.

Enjoy the decline.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:03 PM

Disappointing to say the least. No doubt the teacher that put it up is a buddy to his or her students instead of an authority figure.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Banned

I would be surprised if this was the action of a single teacher. This sounds like something that is part of the school district. Regardless, anyone even slightly involved in this brain aneurysm should be fired and have their teacher certificate revoked. That is totally sick to post anywhere let alone in a school.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:21 PM

Default Schedule

I personally obtain a copy of the current curriculum.. helps to know what your kids should be learning and ensuring they are on par. Especially for early childhood development
Old 05-07-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Cal View Post
Should we be concerned about what are children are being taught in Schools today?

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2360476813001

That is a little shocking to say the least.....it's no wonder Torontonians are so messed up.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:00 PM

Wow! Let the gays do what they please, heck offer councilling to young people who happen to be gay.
But that is way over the line and way to young of age group to be advertising that kind of stuff.
Wow!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:00 PM

What the hell is going on. Private schools and private health care seems to be the way to go.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:23 PM

Thats brutal, i have a daughter in grade 7 and a son in grade 9. I wouldnt want that poster, Gay or Straight in their school. Scary to think whats accepted these days. Hope it was a one off and not the norm of whats to come in our kids schools.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:47 PM

If I saw this poster in a class room regardless if I had a child attending that class I would rip it down and make sure the teacher paid the price. If it was up there for 7 months the principal would be looking for a job along with the teacher. I would do my best to make sure they were not working with kids either. Scrubbing toilets sounds like good work for these kind of people. Perhaps a quiet meeting with the teacher after school hours in a dark part of the school yard would be appropriate.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 PM

Teachers getting canned for giving zeros , while this poster hangs for 7 months unchecked. Yup, time to be concerned.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:02 PM

That is not be aceptable in any public institution. Fire them all and start over.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Banned

Where are all the teachers and principals on the AO forum to answer your questions?

They sure start beaking off when greylynx mentions something.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 PM

I'm a teacher. I was sickened as I watch this. I would not be surprised at all if this freak is the next one we hear about in the news being charged with any number of things.

I have never seen anything vaguely approaching this level of vulgarity in a school. The worst I heard of was a teacher in a high school who had a big bowl of colored condoms on her desk for students to replenish their stock.

I'm not there. I teach grade 7&9 Health among other things, which includes units on sexuality. To be frank, I am uncomfortable teaching it, as I feel that's something for a parent to do. However, not all kids have parents anymore, and so I do my job. At my school I have arranged for the Pregnancy Care Centre to come in and address our kids as a group. They will talk frankly about the unintended physical, emotional, and social consequences of sex at a young age that last a lifetime, and that abstinence until marriage is the only type of truly safe sex.

Call me a prude if you like, but the tall foreheads who approve this kind of crap - and make no mistake, there are many in Alberta who would support this perversity - deserve a sledgehammer in the forehead to put them out of their misery.

It's tough for kids to grow up in this generation. The streams they are forced to navigate can be brutal.

This saddens and angers me.

Sick.

Finally, if I ever saw this in a colleague's class, I would rip it down myself and tell them exactly what I thought. I would then talk to my principal and notify the ATA.

Last edited by sns2; 05-07-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I'm a teacher. I was sickened as I watch this. I would not be surprised at all if this freak is the next one we hear about in the news being charged with any number of things.

I have never seen anything vaguely approaching this level of vulgarity in a school. The worst I heard of was a teacher in a high school who had a big bowl of colored condoms on her desk for students to replenish their stock.

I'm not there. I teach grade 7&9 Health among other things, which includes units on sexuality. To be frank, I am uncomfortable teaching it, as I feel that's something for a parent to do. However, not all kids have parents anymore, and so I do my job. At my school I have arranged for the Pregnancy Care Centre to come in and address our kids as a group. They will talk frankly about the unintended physical, emotionall, and social consequences of sex at a young age that last a lifetime, and that abstinence until marriage is the only type of truly safe sex.

Call me a prude if you like, but the tall foreheads who approve this kind of crap - and make no mistake, there are many in Alberta who would support this perversity - deserve a sledgehammer in the forehead to put them out of their misery.

It's tough for kids to grow up in this generation. The streams they are forced to navigate can be brutal.

This saddens and angers me.

Sick.
You claimed to be a principal last week. Did you get demoted?

The posts are there for verification.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post

You've got me confused with someone else. Probably 260 Rem.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:

Find the post before being a smart aleck.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:31 PM

It's been 7 minutes are we about to be amazed?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
You've got me confused with someone else. Probably 260 Rem.
No: go back and look at what you wrote:

Number 35 under the Stupid Administration thread.

Last edited by greylynx; 05-07-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:38 PM

it wouldnt have happened in the first place if parents were more involved in the curriculum not to mention it needing a full overhaul on what they learn. now it is no longer relevant in this new tec age school just bores the hell out of them when they could learn REAL life skills at a younger age then ever before half of what they teach is disproved. Christoffer Columbus my ass
Old 05-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Banned

What's worse than the tdsb is willingly watching fox news north errrrr sun news network.

"prepare to be outraged!"
Old 05-07-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
What's worse than the tdsb is willingly watching fox news north errrrr sun news network.

"prepare to be outraged!"
So you discount the message, based on its delivery?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 PM

I think the fact it was up for 7 months and nobody cared speaks for itself. Probably just some non issue taken out of context to grab attention and get peoples pantys in a bunch.

Did work pretty good.... People got their pantys in a bunch and fox news got another 20 viewers to add to the other 20 viewers. Mission accomplished
Old 05-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
So you discount the message, based on its delivery?
Hey if you want to be manipulated by media for the masses that is your business.

For myself, that guy got 30 seconds more of my attention than he will ever get again.

I should have known better than to click on that brain rotting trash.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantonsen View Post
I think the fact it was up for 7 months and nobody cared speaks for itself. Probably just some non issue taken out of context to grab attention and get peoples pantys in a bunch.

Did work pretty good.... People got their pantys in a bunch and fox news got another 20 viewers to add to the other 20 viewers. Mission accomplished
I guess everything is ok in schools today. except discipline.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Kids are already smoking ciggerettes/pot, having sex and drinking by that age aswell as swearing like truckers. They probably just laugh at the poster. Tack on another year or so and kids are laying rubber in their parents cars or even their own cars... Maybe even shooting off guns already too.

I am sure a poster from an aids awareness group isnt going to shock their sheltered innocent worlds haha
Old 05-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
I can see how dantosen's comment relates to discipline.

What a leap of liberal logic...