Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 02-02-2018, 08:20 PM

Though I don't have a tenkara rod, I have learned a lot from studying some of the ideas, which has made me a better fly fisher.

There are some great ideas for the creation of simplistic, effective flies (and there is more flies than just the stereotypical reversed hackle flies) and the importance of keeping a fly line off the water.

Feel free to quickly judge tenkara, but I think you are missing out on some effective details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.seaward View Post
Though I don't have a tenkara rod, I have learned a lot from studying some of the ideas, which has made me a better fly fisher.

There are some great ideas for the creation of simplistic, effective flies (and there is more flies than just the stereotypical reversed hackle flies) and the importance of keeping a fly line off the water.

Feel free to quickly judge tenkara, but I think you are missing out on some effective details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here Here!
Old 05-07-2018, 05:16 PM

Hey if anyone wants to try out a Tenkara rod, Im willing to meet up at Crossfield ponds. Ill bring like 5 tenkara rods with me if you want to try it for a couple of hours. Not sure if Crossfield is stocked yet tho..