Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2024, 12:28 PM

Default The Princess of Wales has cancer!

Only the best to you Kate and your family!
Old 03-22-2024, 01:01 PM

about a month ago or so it was announced
Old 03-22-2024, 01:28 PM

It was fun listening to all the conspiracy theories out there. My first and only thought was when she had surgery, she either had some major complications or they found something. Must be sad to be watched 24/7 and never get off that train. But then why try the photo shop thing and add to the fire.

Who wouldn't want privacy after finding out that on top of whatever you went in for, you now have cancer to deal with too. Not a royal watcher, cold care less about the royal family but wish her well with whatever she is battling. Cancer sucks.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
about a month ago or so it was announced
sorry wrong person
Old 03-22-2024, 01:42 PM

My best friend's wife has been fighting cancer for the past 2 years, spread from colon to liver and then lungs. She's a wonderful person but it didn't make the news.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-22-2024, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
My best friend's wife has been fighting cancer for the past 2 years, spread from colon to liver and then lungs. She's a wonderful person but it didn't make the news.
I have lost friends and relatives to cancer, it's a horrible thing, but royalty means no more to me than anyone else, and far less than friends and relatives.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have lost friends and relatives to cancer, it's a horrible thing, but royalty means no more to me than anyone else, and far less than friends and relatives.
Amen to these comments.

Recently lost my father to Leukemia and SIL is battling cancer on her brain and liver now, no special attention from the news for them... but not needed either.

Would be nice if the media reported on actual news...

In saying this, hope she is able to battle through it. You know she will have the best Dr's and medicine available!
Old 03-22-2024, 02:51 PM

Cancer isn’t the death word anymore. Chances are 25% of us will incur cancer in our lifetime. Various stages 1,2,3,4. The worst stages chance of survival is good, and don’t panic. Cancer Need to recognized early ,and follow oncologist/ team plan. New treatments such as Immunotherapy has greatly improved in the fight against cancers. I am believe princess of Wales will recover from this nasty disease.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNOutdoorsman View Post
Amen to these comments.

Recently lost my father to Leukemia and SIL is battling cancer on her brain and liver now, no special attention from the news for them... but not needed either.

In saying this, hope she is able to battle through it. You know she will have the best Dr's and medicine available!
Positive thoughts for your family members!

My dad battled and won for now Prostate Cancer. Lost several grandparents to cancer. Mother has ongoing issues with skin cancer and is keeping on top of things.

Cancer sucks!!

Speaking of the media, apparently it's big news that Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly are no longer engaged. I had to google who these winners were, but it's all over the news regardless. The crap that makes headlines these days gives me an eye cramp sometimes. Reminds me of those reality TV shows like the Kardashians. Who cares! You'd think the crisis in Haiti, Gaza, Ukraine, and other places would be front and center yet you have to go digging for facts on those topics.

And as said, hope the princess pulls through well. The good thing is she's relatively young and healthy. She'll have top notch British care for sure.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:52 PM

The attention in the news is because people want. I am sure she and her family do not. Blame your fellow man.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNOutdoorsman View Post
Amen to these comments.

Leukaemia can be nasty. God bless to your family.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:04 PM

I kinda figured this was the case, she had a major abdominal surgery a few weeks ago, probably didn’t want to make a cancer announcement at the same time as Charles. Hope she has a full recovery, can’t be easy as she is a mother of young children
Old 03-22-2024, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I went through it for 5 years and never made the news .
That said I think if she had her way this wouldn’t be in the news either. Relentless Nosey in your face media demanded it. Damn the media and a pox on them all!
Old 03-22-2024, 03:50 PM

Incredigirl played Kate's address for me this afternoon. It was very classy and composed (link here).

While I'm kind of in the "who cares about the Royals" camp, Incredigirl was touched. She's been fighting stage three Ovarian cancer for two years now and the message of "you're not alone" resonated with her, as it should.

I wish Kate and her family well.
Old 03-22-2024, 04:21 PM

I too wish Incredigirl the best! As with all!

QUOTE=Stinky Buffalo;4711172]Incredigirl played Kate's address for me this afternoon. It was very classy and composed (link here).

While I'm kind of in the "who cares about the Royals" camp, Incredigirl was touched. She's been fighting stage three Ovarian cancer for two years now and the message of "you're not alone" resonated with her, as it should.

I wish Kate and her family well.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-22-2024, 04:31 PM

It just shows "you don't know the whole story!" sorry for all who is suffering with whatever!!
Old 03-22-2024, 04:32 PM

I believe that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I went through it for 5 years and never made the news .
That said I think if she had her way this wouldn’t be in the news either. Relentless Nosey in your face media demanded it. Damn the media and a pox on them all!
Old 03-22-2024, 04:34 PM

Default My personal fight

I wish her nothing but the best cancer is a nasty disease for the young or the old, I spent countless hours with a very dear friend while he withered away and was with him when it sucked the last breath out of him on October 16.

I know all to well as I have been fighting a personal battle with leukemia for the better part of 9 years now, there is never an easy day physically or mentally, the side effects from the drugs alone needed to keep me alive are grueling and draining on the body, but it is what it is the fight goes on day by day, it chose me and be dammed if I'll go down without a fight.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 03-22-2024, 04:39 PM

Sorry for your friend! Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
I wish her nothing but the best cancer is a nasty disease for the young or the old, I spent countless hours with a very dear friend while he withered away and was with him when it sucked the last breath out of him on October 16.

I know all to well as I have been fighting a personal battle with leukemia for the better part of 9 years now, there is never an easy day physically or mentally, the side effects from the drugs alone needed to keep me alive are grueling and draining on the body, but it is what it is the fight goes on day by day, it chose me and be dammed if I'll go down without a fight.
Old 03-22-2024, 04:51 PM

Getting cancer is not good . It can be found in the poor ,rich or famous people
It always goes after good people I find. You can throw hundreds of dollars in research towards it . Does not matter who the Doctor is . But they always treat it it the same way they did 40 years ago . Nothing has changed . Just finding it sooner gives a person a better chance .....Get test yearly
Old 03-22-2024, 05:41 PM

A friend has a glioblastoma which is an aggressive brain tumour , usually fatal within one year . Rough on him and his family as he keeps the place up and keeps it all together.

The doctor treating him said there is an epidemic of brain tumours now and no one knows why or at least they aren't sharing that with the rest of us
Old 03-22-2024, 07:15 PM

Exclamation They know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrib View Post
The doctor treating him said there is an epidemic of brain tumours now and no one knows why or at least they aren't sharing that with the rest of us
Odds are, the medical community has some insight into the proliferation of brain tumours over the last 15ish years, as well as the increase in colorectal cancers since the mid-90s. But, there are careers to think about while huge corporate profits are being made...best to not be the one caught rocking the boat.
This time it isn't the tobacco lobby calling the shots.

OT- Hope they caught it early and she makes a full recovery.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by urban rednek; 03-22-2024 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrib View Post
A friend has a glioblastoma which is an aggressive brain tumour , usually fatal within one year . Rough on him and his family as he keeps the place up and keeps it all together.

I hate to say it but ever since the Jab has been popular there has been an incredible increase in Turbo Cancers.
Old 03-22-2024, 08:49 PM

"The surgery was successful," Kate said. "However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."

The type of cancer was not disclosed.

Probably one of those female cancers with an excellent prognosis if diagnosed early and we can expect she's had the best of medical care up to now. It's not a doom prognosis. Chemo isn't fun, one can't blame her for taking time off.

Isaiah 5:8

Last edited by Grizzly Adams1; 03-22-2024 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:21 PM

Wishing Kate nothing but the best, This Cancer thing is a horrible disease, lost my youngest brother 3 years ago, myself got diagnosed with skin cancer last June, in September they cut out a huge chunk on my back and now I’m clean, had a follow up 3 weeks ago and all is still good.!
Old 03-22-2024, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhunter View Post
I hate to say it but ever since the Jab has been popular there has been an incredible increase in Turbo Cancers.
Look up Dr. Makis. He is Canadian and has been screaming about turbo cancers lately.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:01 AM

I’ll mention it again.

Get a FIT test at age 40 if you have family that have had colon cancer. If not get a FIT test by age 50.

Had I been tested earlier… maybe the cancer would have been stopped far earlier and saved me three major abdominal surgeries.

I will also speak to fear many have. One is scared in the face of signs of cancer and the brain may want to ignore it.
Given today’s medicine… catching it sooner than later can make for a dramatically different outcome. Don’t self diagnosis this timing also. Get the doctor to do it.

Also for me the symptoms of my lactose intolerance masked the cancer. So regular check ups is key.

Stay healthy folks.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-23-2024, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Your friend also wasn't hounded and bullied by the media and the public into disclosing her private medical condition to the world either. The conspiracies and ridiculousness surrounding this situation was rampant and because they are the Royal family, she can't just do her thing away from the public eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Incredigirl played Kate's address for me this afternoon. It was very classy and composed (link here).

I wish Kate and her family well.
Best wishes to Incredigirl, fantastic to hear that Kate's message gave her comfort.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Your friend also wasn't hounded and bullied by the media and the public into disclosing her private medical condition to the world either. The conspiracies and ridiculousness surrounding this situation was rampant and because they are the Royal family, she can't just do her thing away from the public eye.
And that is exactly the point. Her medical situation is absolutely nobodies business aside from family and friends. The idea that a Royal or celebrity has any obligation to keep their private life in the public eye is ludicrous.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-23-2024, 12:24 PM

Twisted, sorry to hear about your wives colon cancer. Lost my mother to colon cancer, a very tough journey for you, your wife and family.
Princess if she has colon cancer very serious especially at such a young (42) age.