Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 PM

Default Sylvan Lake Boat Launches

I have only been to Sylvan Lake 2 times in the past and have only used the boat launch right in town by the water slide. Just wandering if anyone has any other places they can suggest where I can launch my 17ft. aluminum. I've never fish there yet but plan on doing some this season. Not looking for your fish'n hole, just a place to put the boat in where it don't cost an arm and leg. Any names of places or map directions would be greatly appreciated. I don't have to practice catch and release cause I don't usually catch any to release. The fish won't leave the lake when I'm there
Old 06-04-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
I have only been to Sylvan Lake 2 times in the past and have only used the boat launch right in town by the water slide. Just wandering if anyone has any other places they can suggest where I can launch my 17ft. aluminum. I've never fish there yet but plan on doing some this season. Not looking for your fish'n hole, just a place to put the boat in where it don't cost an arm and leg. Any names of places or map directions would be greatly appreciated. I don't have to practice catch and release cause I don't usually catch any to release. The fish won't leave the lake when I'm there
There are about 6 other boat launches. I would suggest RR23 or Half Moon Bay both are on highway 11A west bound.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTornado View Post
There are about 6 other boat launches. I would suggest RR23 or Half Moon Bay both are on highway 11A west bound.
I wouldn't say they are boat launches, more like road access to the lake. There is a Provincial boat launch in Sunbreaker Cove on the north side of the lake. Free with parking available. Its is north on hwy 22 to the Rainy Creek Road then west and follow signs. Might not be the most practical if you are coming from Cowtown.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:41 AM

There is a boat launch on RR21 in half moon bay about 3 miles west of the marina and 2 miles north right at the end of the road that is free use. However the only parking in the area is along the road but there is usually lots of room to park.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:25 PM

I usually launch at Sunbreaker Cove. Launch is a little rough (unless they fixed it since last year). Not many other boaters except on warm sunny weekend days but I can always find parking. If you go left from the launch and bottom bounce spinner rigs in 10-15' of water in front of all those cottages, you will catch pike and walleye.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Last time I launched at sunbreaker, they were just starting the parking area work. Did they make a nicer dock, and launching pad?? Anyone know???
Old 06-05-2010, 11:42 PM

bumper dumper..
Old 06-06-2010, 06:43 PM

Thanks to all for the info. Will be checking out the other launches in about three weeks when we get back from our B.C. fish'n trip
Old 07-08-2019, 05:51 PM

I like the launch in Norglenwold.
On google maps:
8VJ3+WQ
It is also free to launch.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:25 PM

I always find in interesting when a new member from no specific location goes back into the archives & resurrects a 9 year old thread to post his very first comment.

Mr. Wake Surfer is recommending the Norglenwold lake access road (Sylvan Lane) however, it's very shallow & primarily used in the winter for lake access, perhaps you may wish to inform others that there's No Parking of vehicles/trailers around this residential location & there's no services.

I should add, the privately owned launch downtown by the Lighthouse has limited hours and raised their launch fee this year to $100.00/cash & they still have a people paying to launch here.

Scott & I used & recommend visitors consider Sunbreaker launch off Rainy Creek Rd, 2 lanes, docks on either side, still free & this location has ample free parking and a few porta-toilets, but no stores or restaurants.

Edit: Felt the foregoing was necessary when I seen 9 replies & over 17,100 views.

Enjoy your summer ....

Cheers

David

Norglenwold Area.

Sunbreaker launch.

Last edited by Zip-in-Z; 07-08-2019 at 08:34 PM.