Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2019, 05:09 PM

Default Scenic lake with fishing and boat rental

Hi everyone,

I read through all the other threads about boat rentals but wasn't able to find an answer to this.

I am trying to find a scenic lake around the rockies, with a nearby campground and boat rental on the lake itself. I have been told that motor boats are not allowed in Banff / Jasper.

Any lakes just outside of banff / into BC that fit the description above? I am based in Calgary and hoping to find something within 3 - 5 hour drive.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2019, 05:42 PM

Revelstoke might. I know Shuswap does. That’s 5 hrs. There are also boat rental places not on lakes but can transport to the lake if you have a truck. Could rent something in Calgary and take it to whatever lake you want.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:20 PM
Banned

A really nice place is Koocanusa, there is a little lake (surveyors lake) right in the campground that has bass in it, they rent out canoes and paddle boats. Then if you go to the west side of koocanusa lake to sunshine houseboats and marina they have motor boat rentals. Is just a little ways past Fernie, probably 3hrs from Calgary.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:25 PM

Emerald lake. Yoho national park by field bc. 70 bucks an hour for a canoe tho. Beautiful fish in there.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2019, 08:24 PM

Minnewanka is the only lake that allows motor boats in Banff National park. You can rent a tinner with a small outboard but that lake is tough fishing and when the lake gets angry it's a dangerous lake in a small boat (or any boat for that matter).
Old 07-20-2019, 12:41 AM

Thanks so much for all the info guys, will look further into all of the above.

Do you guys have any info of a lake with boat rentals between Golden and Cranbrook? I feel like that's the ideal distance for me.

Thanks