Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-23-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Got a Ruger American in .243 because the price was right. A bit ugly but light. My mule deer was a bang flop. Last week when I was loading up to put the move on a white tail I found that the plastic magazine would not stay put and dropped in the snow. The latch on the mag had broken. Called snap shots and they said that they would send one out immediately.

Lucky I have other rifles
Two weeks ago when I called snap shots they asked me to photograph the part and assured me that I would have a replacement magazine before the end of hunting season. After checking the mail every day I finally tried to call them. They never did give me a return call but sent me an email saying that they did not have the magazine in stock.

I have spent a lifetime avoiding the really cheap crap and I should have known better.

BTW Snap Shots customer service sucks.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:33 PM

I picked up a Remington 783 in .308 for my wife last year. I threw that junk scope in the nearest garbage can and put a VX-2 on top. It's MOA accurate out to 300 (probably further I just haven't shot it further than that) with multiple types of ammo. It's light and comfortable to shoot too. I can't say enough good things about it!
Old 11-23-2017, 01:51 PM

Savage axis in 7mm-08, taken 3 deer, accurate and dependable so far.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:52 PM

Picked up a Winchester XPR for back up, tuned the trigger to 3 lbs and added a nice Leupold 3-9 x 40 VXII shoots moa with 150 grain barnes MRX and 165 grain Accubonds all day. Clip is cheap but like the rest.