Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 09:24 AM

Default GP area hunting shops

I heard Tackle Shack is closing shop at the end of the month also I was going by Debolt yesterday and noticed Whitetail Ridge was closed up. Looks like WSS put the hurt on the small shops.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I heard Tackle Shack is closing shop at the end of the month also I was going by Debolt yesterday and noticed Whitetail Ridge was closed up. Looks like WSS put the hurt on the small shops.
Bartons!! I'll go there before WSS. Way better service and they aren't scared to deal.
Sittin' here waitin' on a deer, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets, Aimin' at the empties, missin' hittin' pine trees, It ain't my fault them cans keep movin', My baby's on the phone sayin' baby come home, Where you been and What you've been doin', We'll I've been, sittin' here, waitin' on a deer
Drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets
Old 07-22-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I heard the owners put the hurt on themselves!

Bartons is a great shop, Haven't been there since Jack sold it though!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
I heard the owners put the hurt on themselves!

Bartons is a great shop, Haven't been there since Jack sold it though!
I think you don't like Mr.Zenner? haha
Sittin' here waitin' on a deer, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets, Aimin' at the empties, missin' hittin' pine trees, It ain't my fault them cans keep movin', My baby's on the phone sayin' baby come home, Where you been and What you've been doin', We'll I've been, sittin' here, waitin' on a deer
Old 07-22-2010, 10:24 AM

I heard the same about the Tackle Shack and noticed Whitetail Ridge was boarded up on the weekend.
I think both may have suffered some from WSS but also suffered from terrible locations.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:29 AM

As far as the Tackle Shack goes,...Ron is top shelf,..first class.

I cannot count the multiple times he has gone above and beyond for myself, a few hunting buddies and others I have witnessed while there.

He is very knowledgable, friendly and is actually a shooter himself.

There was no way they could compete...

That's business....

At the Tackle Shack, if you were a friendly face you walked on in behind the counter and looked at whatever guns, or scopes or ammo you wanted...

You could go in there, have a coffe and a chat about reloading, rifles, hunting or the weather....but sadly, it's selection and location and prices that are gonna float you these days...

A terrible, terrible loss.

As for Barton's... I sure like it there,...much more now than back in the day of JB. Jack was, as a forum member here told me on a different forum
"the definition of curmudgeon" and that wasn't far from the truth most of the time
Old 07-22-2010, 11:32 AM

So Whitetail ridge is closed eh, guess Donny needed more time to go film some hunting shows...
Old 07-22-2010, 11:33 AM
40inchtwister

ive bought 3 rifles from bartons this year and evertime i have either gotten a free case free rings and bases or somthing along that line. the prices were good too.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:48 PM

Default huntin

Too bad about the tackle shak really nice people not much there though...Bartons is pretty good except its like dealing with a used car salesmen in there.....whitetaile ridge is moving stores set up at his house right now looking at 5 possible locations including the crooked creek store just down the rd. i was in a little over a week ago..
Darrell
Old 07-22-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40inchtwister View Post
ive bought 3 rifles from bartons this year and evertime i have either gotten a free case free rings and bases or somthing along that line. the prices were good too.
I got $100 knocked off my VX-3 because it didn't have a price tag and $50 because it was in a different box
Old 07-22-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck71 View Post
Too bad about the tackle shak really nice people not much there though...Bartons is pretty good except its like dealing with a used car salesmen in there.....whitetaile ridge is moving stores set up at his house right now looking at 5 possible locations including the crooked creek store just down the rd. i was in a little over a week ago..
Darrell
Thad be sweet that way the two gas stations(crooked creek-debolt)wouldn't have to be in competition?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:22 PM

I am having a pair of Kenetreks picked up this weekend from Bartons because i cant find them or Meindels close to Red Deer and i dont want to order them direct and be charged $55 for shipping .
Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 PM

Default crooked creek

crooked creek store was one option close to the hiway i guess few other options too