Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-01-2012, 07:16 PM

Default nocks????

is a nock a nock or are there snazzy ones that you pros use? not looking for lununocs or that type of thing.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 PM

I've seen the "real" target shooter shoot them fancy arrows that have tapered ends with the knock ontop of that. I think bow hunting ones are pretty standard, maybe some fancy marketing making claims on some other ones.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse_now View Post
is a nock a nock or are there snazzy ones that you pros use? not looking for lununocs or that type of thing.
you would be amazed at how much influence a nock has on your accuracy and arrow flight. It is usually a good thing to try diff style nocks and see how they work for you. I try alot of diff style nocks on my arrows to get the best flight and accuracy from them. I coach a couple kids that are going to the winter games this year. I changed out their nocks three diff times to find the best flight for their recurves. What works wonders on my recurve makes the arrows off their bows corkscrew. I went from a bohning nock to a goldtip pin nock which has shorter ears on the nock and releases a little cleaner on the string for the kids. The arrows are flying like darts now no wobbles what so ever. On kid gained 30points on average from changing nocks. Made his arrows fly truer and therefore more accurate.

Goldtip,Easton, Bohning, Beiter they all make great nocks just have to find the ones that work for you
Old 02-02-2012, 09:03 AM

If you're doing serious target shooting then you'd be amazed at how much difference little things can make. If you're hunting or paper shooting in preparation for hunting, you'd be amazed at how little the small things will help

If you don't feel you're getting a clean release from your string then look at your nocks, but if you have no reason to believe that there is a problem then concentrate on the things that will make a huge difference.

Things like being able to hold your string at your anchor for 30-60 seconds, being able to get a quick and accurate shot off, being able to pull an arrow from your quiver quietly, being able to nock an arrow or work your release when you're hands are frozen, being able to stay accurate and patient when your heart is pounding out the 1812 overture, etc.