Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-12-2015, 10:02 AM

Default 630 ched talking about coyote tour...now

630 ched talking about coyote tournament.
Mon jan 12 10am
Old 01-12-2015, 10:24 AM

http://player.630ched.com/
BTT live now
Old 01-12-2015, 10:58 AM

O.m.g hear that ron guy that called in.w.t.f
Host is being very fair and unbiased.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
O.m.g hear that ron guy that called in.w.t.f
Host is being very fair and unbiased.
No kidding, that was ridiculous. It's frustrating to hear these people talk about hunting like they know the facts when they're just clueless idiots spewing emotionally driven crap. And the worst part is that others eat it up.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45-70sapper View Post
No kidding, that was ridiculous. It's frustrating to hear these people talk about hunting like they know the facts when they're just clueless idiots spewing emotionally driven crap. And the worst part is that others eat it up.
So incredibly frustrating. People have zero concept of conservation. Our human habitat kills more animals then hunting ever will. Out of sight, out of mind. We have to help adjust those balances and we're labelled cruel, heartless murderers. Makes me sick.
The host seemed fair as mentioned.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Perhaps a PR campaign is in order. I have always wondered how long it would take before a formal response is provided. Would be a good unifying subject for AO members to get involved with.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Banned

So the guy can kill mice because they are a nuisance to him, but we shouldn't kill nuisance coyotes?

When he started about only killing for food, the host should have asked him why he doesn't eat the mice he kills.

Must say, the host seemed pretty fair.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
So the guy can kill mice because they are a nuisance to him, but we shouldn't kill nuisance coyotes?

When he started about only killing for food, the host should have asked him why he doesn't eat the mice he kills.

Must say, the host seemed pretty fair.
Ahhhh yes. All great points. That guy was ridiculous
Old 01-12-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
So incredibly frustrating. People have zero concept of conservation. Our human habitat kills more animals then hunting ever will. Out of sight, out of mind. We have to help adjust those balances and we're labelled cruel, heartless murderers. Makes me sick.
The host seemed fair as mentioned.
I was actually thinking about it yesterday, how frustrating anti hunters are and I came to a realization. I truly believe that anti hunting, among other things, is a sign of a mental issue. I truly mean that in the most literal and non aggressive way possible. I'm not trying to say anti hunters are retarded etc, just that I believe it's a true mental issue. You get people who's parents sheltered them and then when they get older they are so emotionally fragile that they are incapable of critical thinking and being rational.

I had a friend who's parents didn't hunt or do anything related to the outdoors. They were a pet family and they never really disciplined their kids, their kids lived sheltered, unregulated lives. And now that she's older she claims to be a lover of animals and an anti hunter. But the funny thing is, is that by opposing hunting, she is doing more damage to wildlife. But she doesn't care because its not about the wildlife, or the environment. The anti hunter doesn't give 2 s***s about animals or the environment, they care about themselves. Knowing that a coyote died upset them not because they care about the coyote but because he coyote reminds them of their family dog or because they're so spineless that the idea of death disturbes them. So they go on this crusade against hunting under the disguise of it being for the wildlife when it's actuay about them being unable to deal with their own issues. If an anti actually cared about wildlife they would take the time to learn about hunting before forming their opinions. Instead they immediately conjure up these facts and false realities because of their own inability to deal with reality. I've read comments on hunting videos and articles before that are mind boggling. People will see a picture of a hunter with a black bear and start threatening the hunter because "that bear is endangered". Just because you don't see a lot of Swedish people around doesn't mean they're endangered or extinct. But it doesn't matter because the anti isn't there to use logic or reason, or to care about wildlife or the environment. Anti huntig is just a personal quest to stop things that strike a nerve with people due to their own emotional fragility. It has never been and will never be about protecting and preserving wdlife.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I was actually thinking about it yesterday, how frustrating anti hunters are and I came to a realization. I truly believe that anti hunting, among other things, is a sign of a mental issue. I truly mean that in the most literal and non aggressive way possible. I'm not trying to say anti hunters are retarded etc, just that I believe it's a true mental issue. You get people who's parents sheltered them and then when they get older they are so emotionally fragile that they are incapable of critical thinking and being rational.

I had a friend who's parents didn't hunt or do anything related to the outdoors. They were a pet family and they never really disciplined their kids, their kids lived sheltered, unregulated lives. And now that she's older she claims to be a lover of animals and an anti hunter. But the funny thing is, is that by opposing hunting, she is doing more damage to wildlife. But she doesn't care because its not about the wildlife, or the environment. The anti hunter doesn't give 2 s***s about animals or the environment, they care about themselves. Knowing that a coyote died upset them not because they care about the coyote but because he coyote reminds them of their family dog or because they're so spineless that the idea of death disturbes them. So they go on this crusade against hunting under the disguise of it being for the wildlife when it's actuay about them being unable to deal with their own issues. If an anti actually cared about wildlife they would take the time to learn about hunting before forming their opinions. Instead they immediately conjure up these facts and false realities because of their own inability to deal with reality. I've read comments on hunting videos and articles before that are mind boggling. People will see a picture of a hunter with a black bear and start threatening the hunter because "that bear is endangered". Just because you don't see a lot of Swedish people around doesn't mean they're endangered or extinct. But it doesn't matter because the anti isn't there to use logic or reason, or to care about wildlife or the environment. Anti huntig is just a personal quest to stop things that strike a nerve with people due to their own emotional fragility. It has never been and will never be about protecting and preserving wdlife.
Best post I've read in a very long time.

Thank you for talking the time to write this.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:02 PM

Steven Rinella told an anti "I care more about the animals I hunt and the habitat that they live in than you do or ever could. It means more to me on a level you cant possibly understand"

Im paraphrasing from memory only but it was an emotional debate on both sides but that line alone put that guy in his place pretty damn quick.

45-70 is hot on the blood trail of what makes an anti IMO...good post.

If that disney fella was still right side up id pay good money to smack him upside the head.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:43 PM

Default There is no rational answer ......

This is a case where the more you engage these people , the more you
Lose . The great majority of our population if forced to make a decision
Today would go , no guns , no hunting .
If you ask them , you are the mentally disturbed one . I do not engage anyone on the subject , this is a fight you can't win , just by the numbers .
If you don't know any one who says he's a hunter and is just plain nuts .
Then you are not getting out enough.
Really if antis were a problem, wouldn't AFGA , ACA , all G&F clubs
And anybody with a stake in this be be marching in the streets .
I believe a united front is necessary for the eventual showdown
But I don't see a lot of uniting going on .

If your dumb enough to advertise a wildlife killing contest than as ye
Sew ye shall reap .
Old 01-12-2015, 03:42 PM

I agree , I will not waste my time with any anti! Their deliberate ignorance and lack of logic is frustrating to say the least! They spew artificial facts and claim to know and care about wildlife! But in reality very few of these people actually step into the wilderness! The wilderness for them is the zoo or botanical gardens!!

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 01-12-2015, 04:53 PM

Default My wife

Ok, my wife is as anit-hunter as they come. She hates the fact that her brother and I hunt. He hunts anything that walks that he is allowed and I'm strictly a 'Yote hunter. She is a very intelligent woman, yet even she can figure out that there is a definite need for hunting and for us to provide some type of population control. She wants it to be a clean kill and whatnot but she gets it.
I think that the issue is like flogging a dead horse tho. There are to many people in this world that have to big a voice for their knowledge base. They talk about things they don't understand using the "poor animals" sheild as their protection. If they were so worried about the poor animals maybe they should talk to a few farmers who constantly loses livestock due to predators and see how they feel about the loss of a calf, lamb, chicken, turkey, etc. And then ask them if they still feel the same.
It happens over and over again that the people with the loudest voice are the ones that are heard even if the information is wrong or not quite as accurate as they lead you to believe.
The whole point to the Tournament host coming forward was that he was being threatened with his life over a few coyotes. It blew way out of control with where the situation is now. I forsee changes on the horizon for us as Yote hunters.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:58 PM

I missed it but is anyone standing up for hunters? As a spokesman? SRD is not good enough, we need someone/some group that will do this. We need to EDUCATE, not the antis, but the normal public. The ones who will decide if we are allowed to continue to hunt.

Dan
Old 01-12-2015, 04:58 PM

my girlfriend doesnt want me to shoot coyotes "cause they are dogs"

ya well bring one inside and see how long it takes for her to ask me to kill it lol.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:57 PM

Thats funny!

I thought the host did a great job. I also thought the SRD fellow was quite good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
my girlfriend doesnt want me to shoot coyotes "cause they are dogs"

ya well bring one inside and see how long it takes for her to ask me to kill it lol.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhead View Post
I missed it but is anyone standing up for hunters? As a spokesman? SRD is not good enough, we need someone/some group that will do this. We need to EDUCATE, not the antis, but the normal public. The ones who will decide if we are allowed to continue to hunt.

Dan
The ESRD guy actually had a pretty decent argument and firm viewpoint. The host was relatively fair. They want news and "conversation" do the call screeners tend to let the antis vent.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:

Well said. Same points apply to anti-horse slaughter. In the end, it is a disservice to the horse, same applies to wildlife.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:46 AM

Lucky for me work took me to Whitecourt yesterday and i heard the whole segment while traveling. I thought Esrd did a good job but the guy did walk the fence to keep both sides happy. The host surprised me and was very fair. Two guys called in, one who ran the shoot and one who participated. Top notch and if they are on here, thanks for calling in and giving the right side of the debate.

I found the anti comments to be un real to say the least. A farmer should properly fence his land to keep the coyotes out? Ya that will work. Don't shoot unless your shooting for food? Ya ok.

I wish the anti's could see what coyotes actually do to a live cow or the calf that's being born. Now there is a video i bet they won't watch. Might change their opinions, ya probably not.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Banned

No one can convince an anti of anything because they won't listen to facts and don't want to hear them. It's a total waste of time trying to reason with any of them. I have yet to meet, either online or in person, any anti that was conversant with wildlife issue. Their arguments are always filled with ridiculous misconceptions and fables. I see what they do as an attack on my way of life that I chose yet when I defend that lifestyle, they take it as a personal attack on them. Funny how that works.

Opinions are easy to argue with so the best that you can do is to present only the facts and let them try to argue with them......and watch them implode when they don't have the knowledge to present counter facts. For me the discussion usually ends with the anti being unable to provide anything other than opinion and emotion and becoming very emotional.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:32 PM

I think the guy that traps the mice and puts them in the ditch for the birds to eat is the main character from "Dinner for Schmucks". That other bonehead that was yapping about farmers leaving the calves to freeze really got me stirred up. Effing ndpers.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
I think the guy that traps the mice and puts them in the ditch for the birds to eat is the main character from "Dinner for Schmucks". That other bonehead that was yapping about farmers leaving the calves to freeze really got me stirred up. Effing ndpers.

I forgot about the guy who said calves freeze too in -35. Coyote with no hair vs calf with a lot of hair is a big difference.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
I think he said something to the effect that farmers shouldn't have calves in the winter when the coyotes are hungry. lol
Old 01-14-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
I think he said something to the effect that farmers shouldn't have calves in the winter when the coyotes are hungry. lol
Sounds like the lady who wanted the deer crossing sign moved so the deer wouldn't cross there anymore

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!