Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
M..
Maybe the guy should have done what the officers said and gotten in the squad car? There is Floyd’s girlfriend in the background telling him to do the same.
The three other policemen there were minorities as well. I heard absolutely no racial references in the tape?
Kneeling on the guy, bad deal for sure but to jump to murder driven by racism? Judge, jury , and executioner before the trial?
I think the toxicology report will play a very big part in this as well as the full blown murder charge brought by the Atty general.
Atty general who himself has dodged charges on three separate assaults on white women he was dating. 2 incidents with witnesses.
This whole thing is a royal mess.

Osky
I don't know what the cops personal motives are or don't know if he's a racist or not - I think a few of you missed my point. It's largely irrelevant as this incident is viewed as excessive force leading to the death of a handcuffed man who was no longer resisting at that point.

Sure he should have cooperated. He was on drugs and acting twitchy - no argument there.

The bottom line is the cops didn't beat him, or taze him or shoot him, so obviously they felt they still had him under control and they felt safe enough not to escalate their reaction to his antics.

By the time he was down, he has submitted and at that point he should have been put in the car and taken away.

Either way ……….

Anytime, ANY cop, of ANY color kills a black person in a way that is perceived as unjustified, people will see this as systemic racism. They will. You and I won't change that.

So, it stands to reason, the masses are viewing "systemic racism" in the police force when many people feel minorities are targeted.

And, let's be honest, there is systemic discrimination out there that needs to be addressed. And when people, like this cop get caught contribution to it - they need to face justice. But to try and defend his actions will only add fuel to the fire.

That's all........... that's it.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
You believe every division ('systemic' was your word) of the police force is racist and then tell me that I need to get a grip?
That's not very objective at all.

Society can see whatever distorted truth it wants. When we follow the masses we are just as guilty.

I for one cannot see how this turned into a racial issue at all.
A police officer killed a man during an arrest and charges were laid. That's all anyone knows and that's all that should be in the news.
Trying to sympathize or understand the masses for their blood-lust and desire for race-based rioting does nothing to help.
Respectfully, the term systemic and what it means escapes many people, and there is simply not too much to argue about here on that particular topic. It exists, as do many other forms of systemic or institutional discrimination.

That's without dispute for anyone who understands the meaning of that.

Either way. The cop doesn't need to be a racist or bigot to be a victim of being viewed as a potential racist - the same way a black person may be viewed as potentially a criminal or drug addict - that doesn't change the fact humans and institutions are pre-conditioned to react in the way they do.

Either way - most people don't get it, there was a 10 page thread on this - I am not here to try and convince anyone of anything and don't appreciate being called out for my views.

It's unfair. It really is. I assumed most of you know how I look at things to know I'm neither a bleeding heart, I don't look to be easily offended , I'm not a snowflake, not a liberal - I am calling it out as I see it.

This cop crossed the line and killed someone and now all the bigots and racists (and their trash rag publications and their supporters) are crying for the poor cop ………meanwhile another man is in his grave. It so much easier to blame Floyd for this isn't it. That is disgusting as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:16 PM

Interesting pics online of many inconsistencies in the video of this. Also some interesting things about his supposed teacher that was interviewed on news. She must be super unlucky to be involved in so many major negative events such as, school shootings, Vegas shootings and now this. Makes a guy wonder if any of what the news tells us is even real?

But hey, what do i know? Its election year down there. **** always goes down when thats going on right. must be a coincidence?
Old 08-11-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
No, there's Billionaires who aren't happy about who's in government and are using Non Profits to sway public opinion. Don't believe me look at who runs the Open Society Foundations and how much they give to BLM. BLM is as much a political organization as an awareness one.
Smart man right here. just sayin
Old 08-11-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
You believe every division ('systemic' was your word) of the police force is racist and then tell me that I need to get a grip?
That's not very objective at all.

Society can see whatever distorted truth it wants. When we follow the masses we are just as guilty.

I for one cannot see how this turned into a racial issue at all.
A police officer killed a man during an arrest and charges were laid. That's all anyone knows and that's all that should be in the news.
Trying to sympathize or understand the masses for their blood-lust and desire for race-based rioting does nothing to help.
While every group of protests has there bad seeds if you can see the reasoning behind the so called blood-lust of the media then you are apart of the problem. Ive seen it happen to young kids sitting infront of a store in calgary, police giving 3 kids of colour the gears for sitting doing nothing ( i was waiting 30 min for ctrain and watched the entire thing) meanwhile no more than the length of the train platform was a group a white kids, hooting it up and never got a look. There is a big issue with society thats been going on far too long, if this is the method they feel best to be heard then im all for it.

It also became a racial issue because you have it happening way to often with ppl of colour during routine stops whereas white people who just shot up people end up in handcuffs and dealt with differently

be a part of the solution
Old 08-11-2020, 01:33 PM

I don’t see many folks defending the cop. Most think he deserves to go to jail for a long time. I don’t think the cop was a racist, but he was certainly incompetent and let his temper (or mean streak) get in the way of good judgement. Regardless of what Floyd had done, he should not have been choked for 8 minutes.

Floyd also had plenty of opportunities to save himself. He didn’t deserve to die for his actions, but by being belligerent, combative, and non-compliant, he put himself at risk. When someone is pointing a gun at your face, it’s time to start listening and following instructions.

It’s tragic that Floyd died, but to make a martyr out of drug addicted convicted felon is ridiculous. Looting private businesses and vandalizing public property in his memory fits the bill. BLM protesting against the arrest of white protestors who are throwing red paint on public displays completely destroys any credibility they may have had.

Gerry Burnie
Old 08-11-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Respectfully, the term systemic and what it means escapes many people, and there is simply not too much to argue about here on that particular topic. It exists, as do many other forms of systemic or institutional discrimination.

That's without dispute for anyone who understands the meaning of that.

Either way. The cop doesn't need to be a racist or bigot to be a victim of being viewed as a potential racist - the same way a black person may be viewed as potentially a criminal or drug addict - that doesn't change the fact humans and institutions are pre-conditioned to react in the way they do.

Either way - most people don't get it, there was a 10 page thread on this - I am not here to try and convince anyone of anything and don't appreciate being called out for my views.

It's unfair. It really is. I assumed most of you know how I look at things to know I'm neither a bleeding heart, I don't look to be easily offended , I'm not a snowflake, not a liberal - I am calling it out as I see it.

This cop crossed the line and killed someone and now all the bigots and racists (and their trash rag publications and their supporters) are crying for the poor cop ………meanwhile another man is in his grave. It so much easier to blame Floyd for this isn't it. That is disgusting as far as I'm concerned.
Speaking on the part in bold, I understand full well what is meant by systemic. I often wonder how many that use the word actually do?
And I say respectfully that we will have to agree to disagree.

The rest I can agree with.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:18 PM

If BLM truly cared about black lives they would be teaching compliance and 90% of these cop shootings would stop.

But they just can't figure that out.

Just easier to blame someone else
Old 08-11-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
If BLM truly cared about black lives they would be teaching compliance and 90% of these cop shootings would stop.

BLM is operated by three women who are self proclaimed Marxists. Short and sweet of it is that according to fact-check.org 71% of the money donated to BLM goes to Salaries, benefits, and consulting fees..
Nice gig if you can get it. I guess somewhere in the last 29% is all the true care for black lives eh?

Osky
Old 08-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
And, let's be honest, there is systemic discrimination out there that needs to be addressed.
Guess what, me, and a whole other slew of people have been exposed to systemic racism. Guess what, I’m white. But you know what I do? I dust myself off, get up, and keep going. I don’t go destroying crap.

The ones that are the most responsible for systemic racism are government and large corporations. As soon as they drop the need for more diversity and go by skill set and personality for their job seeking is the day that I will actually take “systemic racism and discrimination seriously. If race didn’t matter, and sex didn’t matter to government and corporations, then why do they ask it on every job application? I know for a fact it’s had an effect on me getting a job or two in the past.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Guess what, me, and a whole other slew of people have been exposed to systemic racism. Guess what, I’m white. But you know what I do? I dust myself off, get up, and keep going. I don’t go destroying crap.

The ones that are the most responsible for systemic racism are government and large corporations. As soon as they drop the need for more diversity and go by skill set and personality for their job seeking is the day that I will actually take “systemic racism and discrimination seriously. If race didn’t matter, and sex didn’t matter to government and corporations, then why do they ask it on every job application? I know for a fact it’s had an effect on me getting a job or two in the past.
I'm certain this knife cuts both ways ...... and of course white people have been effected as well.

The distinction might be having a legitimate fear for your life if you get pulled over as a black man by the cops OR knowing that everyday you walk into a "store" the guy behind the counter is watching you.

The real question (and distinction) may be in frequency, may be in severity or it may be a combination of what we can tolerate or what we have exposed to.

The bottom line is it exists, and we need to all try and teach our kids to be better than we were. It may (and likely won't) ever go away, but at least we can do our part.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:21 PM

Well the report is out.
I do not know the paste and post process here but if someone would go to common sense evaluation.com they have posted the autopsy of Floyd, maybe you could post the link?
Floyd did not die on that street. He died 25 minutes after blood was drawn at the hospital emergency room.
Also noted in the report there was no sign of any bruising or musculature damage to the neck, windpipe, or nasal passages. He did not have much body trauma anywhere.
He was carrying a lot of Fentanyl, Meth, and pot in his body. Mixed with his high blood pressure a terrible mixture.
Another phoney narrative has caused so much damage.
Osky
Old 08-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post

If BLM really cared about black lives they’d be teaching each other not to kill each other. They’re the leading cause of their own death.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Well the report is out.
I do not know the paste and post process here but if someone would go to common sense evaluation.com they have posted the autopsy of Floyd, maybe you could post the link?
Floyd did not die on that street. He died 25 minutes after blood was drawn at the hospital emergency room.
Also noted in the report there was no sign of any bruising or musculature damage to the neck, windpipe, or nasal passages. He did not have much body trauma anywhere.
He was carrying a lot of Fentanyl, Meth, and pot in his body. Mixed with his high blood pressure a terrible mixture.
Osky
Nothing about this on Canadian TV news tonight. Gosh you would think they would lead with it.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:33 PM

https://commonsenseevaluation.com/
It didn’t open. I give up.

Last edited by Tungsten,; 08-12-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Well the report is out.
Osky
So the AUTOPSY results were done while he was STILL ALIVE at 9:00?

I wasn't aware they were able to do an autopsy on a person who's alive.

All joking aside ...

It's more likely, as in the overwhelming majority of autopsy reports that it was reviewed AFTER the post postmortems were done and typed up and checked by a second physician. Which could be, according to paperwork, 60-90 minutes after the report has been completed and hours after death.

In this case it was signed off as complete at 9:25

He also had a broken rib as they were doing CPR - which means he was already done by then.

Anyways - looking at the link posted by Tungsten below - that's how I read that.

I think this is a red herring - but hey - I'm not an expert

The other interesting fact is that Sudden Death due to a
Sickle Cell Crisis is quite commonly caused by ASPHYXIA. My guess (I'm not an expert but people with this condition are very susceptible to being asphyxiated - maybe quite easily and more so compared to the average person maybe??? (sounds like it from my reading up on this).

NEVERTHELESS - and here's the kicker ..........

It does, HOWEVER, say that he arrived at the hospital DEAD as was unable to be resuscitated IF YOU READ IT .....

46-year-old man who became unresponsive while being restrained by lawenforcement officers; he received emergency medical care in the field and subsequently in the Hennepin HealthCare (HHC) EmergencyDepartment, but could not be resuscitated.

Sorry Guys - RED HERRING

Last edited by EZM; 08-12-2020 at 09:14 PM.