Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2020, 09:41 PM

Default Looking for 12x6 enclosed trailer with pop out queen tent bed.

Looking for a 12x6 aluminum enclosed trailer with a queen pop out tent bed or where to get one installed in a used one. I have seen a few small toy haulers but they get to heavy too quick with all the comforts added. I just want basic. I have seen a few on the hwy so someone must make them. The pop out looks like a tent trailer bed. Also would like if it’s new that it has an aluminum frame. Thoughts? Anybody have an recommendations?

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 08-11-2020, 09:54 PM

Check out something like the InTech Flyer Explore. Aluminum frame. Side tent trailer esq popour. Not cheap though.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Check out something like the InTech Flyer Explore. Aluminum frame. Side tent trailer esq popour. Not cheap though.
Thanks , I have seen them but it does not fall into the basic category imo and yes the price is way to steep. Can buy a much larger new entry level toy hauler for that price.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:51 PM

Where are you located?

I can give you the name of the company that does our cargo trailer customizations. They should be able to do fold out tent wall in an enclosed trailer no issue. I once had a cargo trailer spec'd out with a 4' x 8' fold up vending window and they said it wouldn't be an issue for them to install, and it's basically the same idea just upside down.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Where are you located?

I can give you the name of the company that does our cargo trailer customizations. They should be able to do fold out tent wall in an enclosed trailer no issue. I once had a cargo trailer spec'd out with a 4' x 8' fold up vending window and they said it wouldn't be an issue for them to install, and it's basically the same idea just upside down.
I am up in GP but do travel a bit around the province.

Old 08-12-2020, 01:00 AM

I like the idea of a converted cargo trailer, mostly because toyhaulers are stupid money for what you get. I've been thinking about doing a simple conversion on a 6x12 trailer, only adding a bathroom (happy wife) with a cartridge toilet, one bunk that lifts to the roof and the lower that fold into a dinette. Would.do proper electric stuff and insulation, but very simple and lots of room for toys, yet light enough to be hauled by almost any SUV.

Id have to search again but you can buy the whole tent bed for about $2k. Which is once again stupid.

There should be RV recyclers somewhere that has them, and you could rebuild it, if required.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:05 AM

http://www.mirageinc.com/bed-door-46...-fold-out-tent

Found it. I think that's US$
Old 08-12-2020, 09:33 AM

Default Enclosed trailer conversion

I just finished building a new 7x14 cargo trailer into a toy hauler hunting camper... spent waaaaay more money than i would have thought at the beginning, even using appliances/windows from RV wreckers. Didn’t put in a fold out bed like the OP is talking about - i just had a couple of hammocks made from 2x4’s and canvas. They come down and strap to the wall when in transit.
Had a lot of fun building it and customizing it, but i don’t think i saved much money vs buying a small, used toyhauler.

It’ll sure be nice having an ultra lightweight, heated hunting shack i can take with me anywhere!
Old 08-12-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageValleyOutdoors View Post
I just finished building a new 7x14 cargo trailer into a toy hauler hunting camper... spent waaaaay more money than i would have thought at the beginning, even using appliances/windows from RV wreckers. Didn’t put in a fold out bed like the OP is talking about - i just had a couple of hammocks made from 2x4’s and canvas. They come down and strap to the wall when in transit.
Had a lot of fun building it and customizing it, but i don’t think i saved much money vs buying a small, used toyhauler.

It’ll sure be nice having an ultra lightweight, heated hunting shack i can take with me anywhere!
I think that's the problem . There isn't very many small toyhaulers that even a half ton could tow. And cheap isn happening. I wouldn't waste time or money putting fridge/stove/heater in, as even when we had a 33' travel trailer we never used the kitchen (fridge yes), cooked outside. Most of it depends on how much you find the cargo trailer for.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:15 AM

I'd be curious to see pics of your trailer.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
I'd be curious to see pics of your trailer.
I would as well.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:04 PM

I tow a 28 ft tot hauler with a 1/2 ton, ways 10.5 k loaded. It pulls it good but is a bit stressful when its super windy. I want something way smaller and lighter for hunting, don’t need a bathroom, or a kitchen. Just somewhere to sleep for 2 -3 people and stay dry and safe and carry 1 atv or maybe a side x side one day.

Has anyone heard where you could get a folding tent bed, ( pop out bed installed in a used trailer?

Old 08-14-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky7mm View Post
I tow a 28 ft tot hauler with a 1/2 ton, ways 10.5 k loaded. It pulls it good but is a bit stressful when its super windy. I want something way smaller and lighter for hunting, don’t need a bathroom, or a kitchen. Just somewhere to sleep for 2 -3 people and stay dry and safe and carry 1 atv or maybe a side x side one day.

Has anyone heard where you could get a folding tent bed, ( pop out bed installed in a used trailer?
This is our situation too... we have a 30’ kodiak that’s right at the limit for my tundra to pull. We bought it for our place in montana, not as a hunting trailer, or for camping in Alberta. It’s too big for my truck to be pulling all over the place.
I bought this trailer new, put about 4 grand into it on used RV appliances, insulation, wiring, etc. I painted the floor with garage floor epoxy - that way when it gets muddy in there, i can just power wash it out. I can get both of our atvs to fit inside for transport
There’s no bathroom or cooking appliances inside - just a furnace, fridge, sink and grey tank. I’ve also got a portable AC unit in there for summer camping and early September Bowhunts.
We’re out near burntstick lake camping right now, and my sister in law is using it for the weekend.
For more than one person, There’s a few kinks to work out, but so far, so good. There’s bunks in the back that are just 2x4’s with canvas sewed between them to make hammocks. They strap to the wall during transport. Otherwise i just have a cot in there if it’s just me.
I might paint the inside. Not sure yet. It’s not as fancy as a lot of the cargo conversions I’ve seen on other forums - but this is just a little hunting shack, and works for me. I don’t have good enough service to post pics, but I’ll try to remember when i get back home