Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Hatfisher

Default P.A.L licence for new hunter

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any Info about the Pal and about the steps to obtain one. I currently do not have my Firearm saftey but am hoping to get it this spring. I know I need this and should get the application papers for my Pal after completeing the course. I was curious on the average wait to recieve them and what all documentation is needed to be sent with the application.Thanx in advance for all the info.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:43 PM
aka bushmaster

You will need a passport quality photo to send in with your application. I got my application online but I forget the link. Check the govt firearms site. Better yet check the Gun Registry discussion below and see if you can find the link.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:33 PM
osterb

I don't know if they changed it but you dont actually need a proffesional photo!

You can use a digital camera photo as long as it's of quality and meets the size requirements.
Here's the link to the forms you will fill out (you can even print them and get them ready for the big day)

www.cfc.gc.ca/online-en_l...1039_e.pdf

In the instructions it reads...

Quote:
you are not required to submit a passport type photograph...
However if you have one by all means go for it .

The wait is said to be 4-6 weeks, sometimes it comes early (no less than a month though) and sometimes it take a very long time.

The rest of your questions can be answered by reading the application forms in the link up above. You'll just need a couple pals (friends:rollin ) to come forward and say you're sane.

Hope this helps
Old 01-12-2005, 05:20 PM
bukujuju

No passport quailty is not required, I did mine last year with a my wife taking my pic, and printing it off on my printer.....

gluck with the course and test

Buku
Old 02-06-2005, 02:23 PM
firearmssafety

Wher are you located the course can easily be challenged in two hours.
firearmssafety@telus.net