Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-10-2018, 09:03 PM

Looks like it has good reviews on cabelas web sight let us know how it works at -30 and battery life. My busnells crap out at -18
Old 07-10-2018, 11:00 PM

I will probably get the lithium battery pack. What SD cards are you guys using?
Old 07-11-2018, 06:30 AM

My Spy Point Mini has been great. Needed to give it a update a few years back. But other than that it takes good pictures and battery life has been excellent. I set it up in September and it runs right through till the end of November. Never had to put in a second set of batteries. Temps here in Manitoba in November are usually a good test!
Old 07-11-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
I will probably get the lithium battery pack. What SD cards are you guys using?
SD cards? At the file size these cameras create any ol memory card should do. I have never given trail cam cards a second thought. Drone and DSLR I pay attention. Anyone have an intelligent thought on the subject?
Old 07-11-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
SD cards? At the file size these cameras create any ol memory card should do. I have never given trail cam cards a second thought. Drone and DSLR I pay attention. Anyone have an intelligent thought on the subject?
speed can become a concern with a SD card when choosing photo first in Video mode or in the instant settings for time delay. Most modern SD cards are adequate, Just be careful of using that old one thats been in the other camera for years. My experience.

Also the 11D 10D and Solar spypoints and easily my favorite on the market right now.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:19 AM

A little off topic but Something to add for the guys running email cams on external power experiencing weak signal. You’re new best hotspot won’t send on Rogers or Telus way out in the boonies. Wound up testing a bunch of stuff to death & finally made it over the hump last week. A teeny tiny Wilson amplifier will add 15 dbm which boosts the signal just enough so you can get to see your pics every morning with your coffee before work... lol . The downside is will take a minimum of 80 watts of solar to run that SOB. You gotta do what you gotta do if it’s that target rich sometimes. OR spoil yourself if that’s your thing.

https://wilsonamplifiers.ca/wilson-w...re-kit-460309/

Cheers
Old 07-12-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The moose View Post

Also the 11D 10D and Solar spypoints and easily my favorite on the market right now.
X2. I have tried a lot of different brands, except for Brownings, but I have just had such good luck with the Spypoints in the last 5 years, that I haven't bought a browning yet. For me, the Spypoints are the best bang for my buck. With lithium batteries in my Spypoint 10's, I was getting pictures when the temps were down to -30.

DR
Old 07-12-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRhunter View Post
X2. I have tried a lot of different brands, except for Brownings, but I have just had such good luck with the Spypoints in the last 5 years, that I haven't bought a browning yet. For me, the Spypoints are the best bang for my buck. With lithium batteries in my Spypoint 10's, I was getting pictures when the temps were down to -30.

DR
Same, and more then 4000 pictures to a battery set.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:32 PM

How long did the lithium battery pack last? A month?
Old 07-13-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
How long did the lithium battery pack last? A month?
lithium batteries in my spypoint 10 will last the entire year. Even thru winter.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
lithium batteries in my spypoint 10 will last the entire year. Even thru winter.

Awesome. I will pick one up.

Next question. Can anyone recommend any YouTube videos for help choosing places to setup cams and good general information?
Old 07-18-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Let me know if you get the order as described. I had also seen the spypoint solar "case of 2" online and missed ordering them. They were a different third party walmart retailer though. So its still possible you will get your order as described.
Just arrived today with only one camera.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
Man, That is complete horse crap. A formal complaint with Walmart needs the filed. False advertising is clearly in place here.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
Yep been there done that. When you call them they will offer a 15 or 20% discount saying it is an "error". Like I said it took several months and several emails and calls, but they finally refunded me the entire purchase and shipping.

DR
Old 07-18-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRhunter View Post
Yep been there done that. When you call them they will offer a 15 or 20% discount saying it is an "error". Like I said it took several months and several emails and calls, but they finally refunded me the entire purchase and shipping.

DR
1 (800) 328-0402 Walmart canada online customer service number.

Ask to speak to a manager right away. Ensure you communicate many here fell for this scam and they are doing this not as a error. Settle for nothing less then 50% refund or full.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
1 (800) 328-0402 Walmart canada online customer service number.

Ask to speak to a manager right away. Ensure you communicate many here fell for this scam and they are doing this not as a error. Settle for nothing less then 50% refund or full.
Yeah I just sent Walmart customer service my receipt with the description clearly in the title. If they aren't cooperative I'm going to try a chargeback with Mastercard and file a false advertisement complaint against Walmart.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:42 AM

I have 4 Spypoint Force 10 cameras. 3 out of the 4 failed within a year. They were good at replacing them but it is still a hassle and you have to cover the cost of your shipping on a faulty product.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
I have 4 Spypoint Force 10 cameras. 3 out of the 4 failed within a year. They were good at replacing them but it is still a hassle and you have to cover the cost of your shipping on a faulty product.
Wow, that's very surprising. I am running 10+ Spypoint Force 10's, some for 3 years and haven't had one fail on me yet.

DR
Old 07-19-2018, 11:38 AM

had too have my spy point force 10 camera replaced last year as well as it did not last one season
also think the first spy point camera i bought may be toast as well will know for sure when i get back out to check the card

will be looking at another brand for my next purchase
Old 07-20-2018, 08:47 AM

I have 4 spypoint force 10's a force 11 and a solar all over a yr and have had zero issues other then a SD card issue causing some pictures to turn magenta.
I have 3 spypoints that are 5 yrs old and still work great. Every other one I have had that old have died.