Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Very true.

I missed it. What are your thoughts, Ford? Can they take out obama?
Anything is possible. But once again, everyones vote is up for grabs until they walk in that booth and make their mark. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a State go red or blue over night. All I can say is I know who has my vote. Past that we'll find out on the 7th of November.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:52 AM
Banned

Ryan tanked it when he committed to more troops in Afghanistan.
Folks are trying to get that one behind em and beginniong to worry about the next one... Iran.
I suspect that the average American would rather vote for a trained seal than a guy who thinks that the Bush plan will still work.

Even if a military solution is still viable... nobody is much interested in that anymore... they just want it to be done and behind them or implemented in a place that matters enough to actually make a difference in a global sense. IMO
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
CNN, and we know how liberal it is, has its polls showing Ryan beat Biden 48% to 43%. Seems Biden was perceived as rude and too cute by half.
Cute, no. He was certainly rude. No wonder he and Obozo have never been able to marshall any support from Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
You must've been watching a different debate. That's not what he said in the debate I watched. He said he would pay attention to the requirements and recommendations of the field commanders. He said he would not have made deep drawdowns in personnel in the middle of the fighting season but would have waited until the mountain passes used by Pakistanis, etc., to fuel the Tally Ban were filled with snow.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Folks are trying to get that one behind em and beginniong to worry about the next one... Iran.
I suspect that the average American would rather vote for a trained seal than a guy who thinks that the Bush plan will still work.

Even if a military solution is still viable... nobody is much interested in that anymore... they just want it to be done and behind them or implemented in a place that matters enough to actually make a difference in a global sense. IMO
FUnny. the only one I've heard worried about Iran is you. I'm in the Army waiting for my discharge papers, I still have alot of friends in the Army. none of us are worried about Iran. I also don't hear people talking about Iran. As for the Ghan, well its 50/50 on that one. Most military folk who have been there understand the need for us to be over there. I know alot of people didn't agree with Iraq but after serving 15months there and talking to the locals, the arm chair quarterbacks will never understand. The saying goes, if you'v never been there than shut the **** up!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

Talking heads (save for diehard dems like Maddow, Mathews, etc) all seem to be saying Biden came off as a disrespectful jerk that was more interested in scoring points than debating the issues. Laughing when talking about nukes etc...didn't earn him any points.

Not necessarily a win or a loss for either, (maybe a slight edge to Ryan) but Biden definitely didn't endear himself to too many independents. He might have had people who were already going to vote Obama cheering him on, but it won't pick up any votes. Ryan, came off as polite and respectful, and knowledgeable of the facts.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:53 AM

Now I'm really disappointed that I missed the debate. Had to work to keep the hubby in beer and comfortable on the couch watching football.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Banned

The Republicans already have an ad up of debate highlights featuring Paul Ryan and the hyena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=PCtemaHgjyA#!

Looks like another loss for the dems. Though not as huge a loss as Obummer's lackluster performance.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 AM

I was actually surprised by Biden...he was better than i thought he was going to be....but the laughing was seriously out of line, ignorant, arrogant and uncalled for.

Ryan, he was actually weaker for most of the debate than I thought he would be...although he was very respectful. I thought he got pinned a bit when asked for specifics on some certain details etc and that kind of weakened his position. However Ryan's closing was far stronger than Biden's imho.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
The Republicans already have an ad up of debate highlights featuring Paul Ryan and the hyena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=PCtemaHgjyA#!

Looks like another loss for the dems. Though not as huge a loss as Obummer's lackluster performance.
Nasty ad. Good.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
I was actually surprised by Biden...he was better than i thought he was going to be....but the laughing was seriously out of line, ignorant, arrogant and uncalled for.

Ryan, he was actually weaker for most of the debate than I thought he would be...although he was very respectful. I thought he got pinned a bit when asked for specifics on some certain details etc and that kind of weakened his position. However Ryan's closing was far stronger than Biden's imho.
Regarding the specifics of closing tax loopholes etc etc. Romney has said he doesn't have specifics of his plan as he wants to work those out with the house and senate in a bipartisan fashion. He has a target of where he wants to go, and wants to work with both parties on how they get there exactly. This is what Reagan did with Tip and Clinton did with Newt.

Biden did do a lot better than I thought he would.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Regarding the specifics of closing tax loopholes etc etc. Romney has said he doesn't have specifics of his plan as he wants to work those out with the house and senate in a bipartisan fashion. He has a target of where he wants to go, and wants to work with both parties on how they get there exactly. This is what Reagan did with Tip and Clinton did with Newt.

Biden did do a lot better than I thought he would.
ya I know...I just think the undecided folks out there may not be so accepting of a general answer...4 or 5 loops holes that "could" be closed are such and such which would net us another yadda yadda yadda amount of dollars i think would be an answer people would like to hear.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post

You must've been watching a different debate. That's not what he said in the debate I watched. He said he would pay attention to the requirements and recommendations of the field commanders. He said he would not have made deep drawdowns in personnel in the middle of the fighting season but would have waited until the mountain passes used by Pakistanis, etc., to fuel the Tally Ban were filled with snow.
Thats not exactly what he said.

And even if it was...in the world of sound bites, generalists and people that only read every second word....that translates as what in the minds of most voters?

More troops in Afghanistan longer.

The discussion was fairly long but out of that what was said was...

R: “We don't want to lose the gains we've gotten."
B: “You'd rather Americans be going in, doing the job instead of the (Afghan) trainees?”
R:“No. We are already sending Americans to do the job, but fewer of them. That's the whole problem.”

I know what he meant... you know what he meant but it was lost in translation on many many people especially when combined with the idea of delaying withdrawl and not advertising when it might occur.

Seems like a common sense thing to me.... why tell the enemy how much longer they need to stay quite and wait for while they harass to keep progress to a minimum and build a better fghting machine?

But to many people that lack of commitment to a time line sounds like a lack of commitment to ever withdraw especially when connected to statements like..."We don't want to lose the gains we've gotten."

I'm not saying the guy is wrong.
I'm saying that it was a bit of a ball drop that has already been capitalized on.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
FUnny. the only one I've heard worried about Iran is you. I'm in the Army waiting for my discharge papers, I still have alot of friends in the Army. none of us are worried about Iran. I also don't hear people talking about Iran. As for the Ghan, well its 50/50 on that one. Most military folk who have been there understand the need for us to be over there. I know alot of people didn't agree with Iraq but after serving 15months there and talking to the locals, the arm chair quarterbacks will never understand. The saying goes, if you'v never been there than shut the **** up!
Its in the news so someone is talking about it...
I wasn't commenting on Iraq.
I commented on Afghanistan and been there done that and still serving thanks so...maybe you should pay better attention to what was said before commenting or shut the **** up thanks!

My view was that people... not me... other people....voters in general are getting tired of it and will not respond well to further commitments to what is largely seen as a futile effort.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Don't screw it up Romney....
Old 10-12-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Its in the news so someone is talking about it...
I wasn't commenting on Iraq.
I commented on Afghanistan and been there done that and still serving thanks so...maybe you should pay better attention to what was said before commenting or shut the **** up thanks!

My view was that people... not me... other people....voters in general are getting tired of it and will not respond well to further commitments to what is largely seen as a futile effort.
You were commenting on the next one, and then said Iran. I made a statement that I know alot of people in the US Military and I live down here and have yet to hear anything of the US going to war with Iran. Hell I've heard that speculation on this forum from people for over a year now and nothing has changed. I finished by making a general statement. No where did I specifically mention YOUR name or refute your military service so good job attacking me! Real big of you.

Should I end like you did and say maybe you should pay attention to what I said? Naw because my time is more valuable than to try reasoning with someone who already flew off the handle at me.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post

Yup, I think it's Romney's to lose now. The media is starting to get worried that Obummer/biden are in trouble. They are so desperate they are digging up abortion questions already. Romney has to keep things focused on economy/jobs (three letter word) first and foreign relations problems second. This whole Libya thing is about to blow up...not sure how much longer the media can keep a cap on it or how much of a headache exactly it will prove to be for Obama, but it won't be good.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
You were commenting on the next one, and then said Iran. I made a statement that I know alot of people in the US Military and I live down here and have yet to hear anything of the US going to war with Iran. Hell I've heard that speculation on this forum from people for over a year now and nothing has changed. I finished by making a general statement. No where did I specifically mention YOUR name or refute your military service so good job attacking me! Real big of you.

Should I end like you did and say maybe you should pay attention to what I said? Naw because my time is more valuable than to try reasoning with someone who already flew off the handle at me.
Well you were responding to my post so just who did you think I'd believe you were addressing?

In any case...sorry for the misunderstanding but if you put the shoe on the other foot...I think that you'll see that you are as culpable as me for it.