Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-08-2018, 09:50 AM

Default Lac La Biche in early February

Hello fellow anglers,

Just an update on or recent trip with Lakeland Adventures on Lac la Biche. We spent Friday to Sunday last weekend in one of their comfy shacks, with mixed results... First off, the accommodations were more than sufficient, with the temp outside between -20 and -25 all weekend, we spent a lot of time in the shack due to this wind and weather. The fishing inside the shack was unproductive, with the only bite being a briefly unattended rod being pulled down the hole by a big strike, and gone forever..We had some success with tip-ups outside around the perimeter of the shack, catching about 10 pike(all between 60-70cms) and 5 walleye total( all between 50-66cms). The 2 biggest walleye were 65cm and 66cm, both around 6lbs. They were all healthy, fat walleye. I felt a bit guilty after cleaning one, as it was loaded with eggs.. the other was flash frozen and will be cleaned at a later date. We did keep these two as I had 2 Class A tags. I will try and get some pictures posted soon.

Overall an enjoyable trip...The owner told us in early January, the folks staying in our shack caught 40+ fish inside the shack, so our timing was a bit off.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:03 AM

Sounds exactly like our trip last winter minus the rod lol. How thick was the ice we almosted needed an extention last year? used an axe. My dad and I will be heading up soon. Thank you for sharing.
Red Neck Out
Old 02-08-2018, 10:31 AM

They're always hitting good the week before you get there, there not going to tell you the fishing lousy LOL

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2018, 11:45 AM

No he actually said the week before we got there the four shacks caught 1 fish between all of them.. so we did alright. The 40+ was 2 weeks after Christmas, then he said it slowed right down. And we called him 3 days before we went up and he said the fishing was terrible.. he was being honest I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg walleye la biche3.jpg (51.4 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg walleye la biche.jpg (90.6 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by deanstr8; 02-08-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanstr8 View Post
No he actually said the week before we got there the four shacks caught 1 fish between all of them.. so we did alright. The 40+ was 2 weeks after Christmas, then he said it slowed right down. And we called him 3 days before we went up and he said the fishing was terrible.. he was being honest I think.
2nd one is a hog!