Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 07:46 AM

Default By-election

The by-election for Mr. Kenny will be on Dec. 14 2017 very fast. The NDs have nominated an openly gay man who is a physician to run for their party.

The strategy seems much clearer now. They will try to magnify the socially conservative views of Mr. Kenny and by association his party.

Just in passing has anyone else ever seen a male Doctor run for the NDs?
Old 11-20-2017, 08:00 AM

Maybe he needs a career change? Big money in gov’t.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:40 AM

Just my opinion,

The NDP will die on the LGBT hill. They are pushing too hard for a minority of people and upsetting the majority of Albertan’s in the process. Not saying the majority of Albertan’s are anti LGBT, but the pendulum has swung to far and people are starting to see the effects.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3867936/a...fic-bathrooms/
Old 11-20-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
Maybe he needs a career change? Big money in gov’t.
Especially with that proposed federal bill changing the tax laws. This way, if the taxes affect your salary, you simply get a cost of living raise.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
The by-election for Mr. Kenny will be on Dec. 14 2017 very fast. The NDs have nominated an openly gay man who is a physician to run for their party.

The strategy seems much clearer now. They will try to magnify the socially conservative views of Mr. Kenny and by association his party.

Bob Turner in Edmonton-Whitemud's a doctor, I think.

Not a surprising strategy at all though.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Just my opinion,

The NDP will die on the LGBT hill. They are pushing too hard for a minority of people and upsetting the majority of Albertan’s in the process. Not saying the majority of Albertan’s are anti LGBT, but the pendulum has swung to far and people are starting to see the effects.

That was a good article. Way to go kids for pushing back.
Law of unintended consequences at its finest. Unreal
Old 11-20-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Just my opinion,

X2. Well said.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post

Yes Ryan Miele provincial Saskatoon riding.ndp.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:12 PM

Be nice if folks would spell Jason's last name correctly.

K
E
N
N
E
Y

There's a second E!

There are no absolutes
Old 11-20-2017, 06:36 PM

I am really hoping the liberal candidate wins (does the Alberta party have anyone running). Socially Kenny is way to right for me, but the NDP is WAY to left for me. I would also find it really really funny if someone came down the middle and took it from both of em.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick0danger View Post
I am really hoping the liberal candidate wins (does the Alberta party have anyone running). Socially Kenny is way to right for me, but the NDP is WAY to left for me. I would also find it really really funny if someone came down the middle and took it from both of em.
Wow.

Try the fishing section.

There are no absolutes
Old 11-20-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Socially Kenney is way to right for me.....
I have a feeling I'll not have this opinion on any politician running in Canada for the rest of my days.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I have a feeling I'll not have this opinion on any politician running in Canada for the rest of my days.
X2

Sad times.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Just my opinion,

Can you say "social engineering"? Of course there are very few gender neutral washrooms in the general public, because the general public doesn't want them. That's why they are trying to get the new generation to accept them.

I hope the NDP don't get a single vote.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:42 PM

I don't get what the big deal is re gender neutral washrooms.

If this was gender neutral shower points I could see it causing problems.

If this was gender neutral washrooms like in Full Metal Jacket...well OK, that would be weird I think (especially if Pyle was using them).

These gender neutral washrooms seems to mean everyone drops deuce in the same room but there are private stalls available within.

IDK, the open urinals might be a concern so maybe they could box them in or something. The open to the hallways thing makes me wonder what they were thinking as depending on who had chili that day classes down the hall may hear it I suppose.

In short, I am not seeing this as a big deal really. Kinda reminds me of having only one gender neutral outhouse at the farm
Old 11-20-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post

If this was gender neutral washrooms like in Full Metal Jacket...well OK, that would be weird I think (especially if Pyle was using them).

These gender neutral washrooms seems to mean everyone drops deuce in the same room but there are private stalls available within.

IDK, the open urinals might be a concern so maybe they could box them in or something. The open to the hallways thing makes me wonder what they were thinking as depending on who had chili that day classes down the hall may hear it I suppose.

In short, I am not seeing this as a big deal really. Kinda reminds me of having only one gender neutral outhouse at the farm
Read the article
Old 11-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post

Why is this an issue. How much time and money has been spent on where to crap??? Did we not know before gov't got involved?

Is this why we have all those mla's in the legislature? To help us find the crapper??/

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Very right. Center seems to be gone by way of the dodo, politics are gone extreme left and right.

Our country is divided in a way I've never seen. Sorry, but Kenney is an idiot, Jean seemed to be a little more toward center. Scheer is a far right religious zealot.

Good luck in the next elections.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Our country is divided in a way I've never seen. Sorry, but Kenney is an idiot, Jean seemed to be a little more toward center. Scheer is a far right religious zealot.
I wonder if the division has anything to do with calling people names of whose opinion we disagree?
Old 11-20-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I wonder if the division has anything to do with calling people names of whose opinion we disagree?
Oh silver got served
Old 11-20-2017, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Like Kenney threatening a trade war with BC over Keystone? I call it like I see it. That's not the only crap spewing out of the mans mouth.
Scheer and his religious principles? Look at what the man voted against due to his religion.

The left don't want this crap, and there's alot more left in Alberta and Canada than you realize. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

We need politics back center.

And Gilon, if that's what you consider served... laughable. We will see in the next elections, I figure the right is going to puke on themselves.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Wow.

Try the fishing section.

Ha! I liked that one!
Old 11-20-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Like Kenney threatening a trade war with BC over Keystone? I call it like I see it. That's not the only crap spewing out of the mans mouth.
Scheer and his religious principles? Look at what the man voted against due to his religion.

The left don't want this crap, and there's alot more left in Alberta and Canada than you realize. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

And Gilon, if that's what you consider served... laughable. We will see in the next elections, I figure the right is going to puke on themselves.
I was laughing... honest discussion not involving name throwing or degrading people because they make choices based on their religion as you do. That is discussion I enjoy whether right left or center. As for next election I just do my part and vote and I don't even vomit.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:08 PM

Should have a good idea which way the major centers are leaning from this by-election Kenney leader of the UCP, Khan leader of the Liberals, and the NDP actually found someone out of college who likes their party. IMO there is only one choice if you value individual freedom.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 11-20-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:

The Marxists can get the hell out of Alberta, and Canada for that matter. They're not wanted here and we're heading for a civil wear with these idiots trying to tell people how to think and act.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 11-20-2017, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
I was laughing... honest discussion not involving name throwing or degrading people because they make choices based on their religion as you do. That is discussion I enjoy whether right left or center. As for next election I just do my part and vote and I don't even vomit.
I'm not basing my choice on religion. But many will. I don't care what a persons religious values are, just don't bring it into politics - and Scheer is guilty of that.
Scheer promises that his religion won't come into play - but unfortunately that hasn't been the case in the past. The left isn't going to let it go, that's a guarantee. Many on the right won't either. I'm not a religious person, and I wouldn't call myself left - and I don't want someone running this country to inflict his/her religious values on me.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm not basing my choice on religion. But many will. I don't care what a persons religious values are, just don't bring it into politics - and Scheer is guilty of that.
Scheer promises that his religion won't come into play - but unfortunately that hasn't been the case in the past. The left isn't going to let it go, that's a guarantee. Many on the right won't either. I'm not a religious person, and I wouldn't call myself left - and I don't want someone running this country to inflict his/her religious values on me.
Whether you like it or not, your values align closer with those who you call “religious zealots” as opposed to the Marxists on the left.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
I'm not basing my choice on religion.
You sure about that sport?

Quote:
I don't want someone running this country to inflict his/her religious values on me.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Agreed. I'm in it for the entertainment value at this point.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:05 AM

In my opinion the centrist Alberta Party and the Liberals are against the lefts bigger government service and against cutbacks. I guess that means they are for doing nothing.
Just my 2bits.
Doug
Closed Thread