Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Chubbdarter can I donate $50 to your great event?
Or consider this option-below, either way THANK YOU for the support.
p.s. Thanks also for the ice rods you donated this summer for the event

For all of you wishing to sponsor a Childs Hoody, Bill from The Fishin Hole in Calgary has made a generoous offer. He has some special pricing on some Top of the line name brand Hoodies, from various Tackle companies. 29.95 to 39.95. which is a huge discount, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Anyone wishing to donate can call the Fishin Hole in Calagry 403-291-3688 and with a credit card buy a hoody and sponsor a child. I will collect the jerseys. Its a win win folks, Great price, You dont leave the comfort of your home, The event isnt handling your money AND MOST IMPORTANT A CHILD WILL BE WARM AND WILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY HIS OR HER DAY IN COMFORT.

THANK YOU BILL AND THE FISHIN HOLE.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR PARTICIPATING and please leave your forum name with your order
Old 11-10-2012, 02:35 PM

A big thanks goes out to FERG'S SEPTIC SERVICE for the donation of 2 toilets for the day!! Thanks buddy!!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:37 PM

NO YELLOW ICE! YES! hahahaha
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=MoFugger21;1694004]A big thanks goes out to FERG'S SEPTIC SERVICE for the donation of 2 toilets for the day!! Thanks buddy!![/QUOT

Yes indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!....Thank You FERG'S for your continued support, your generousity is a huge part of why this event is a Success with the Children..
Also big thank to the MOFUGGER Family your continued support is greatly appreciatred.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:02 PM

With great appreciation I extent a Big Thanks to ONEGIRLWOLFPACK for her super generous donation of 6 hoodies for the children. Your donation will keep the children warm and allow them to get the most enjoyment possible for the day on the ice, you indeed are TOP SHELF.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Huge thank you to garryb for supplying custom hooks he makes especially for trout, he even gave us instructions on the proper use of therm. Something i thought so funny was he thanked me for using them................that pretty much lets me know that Garry is one top notch sponsor.....Thank You Sir
Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
With great appreciation I extent a Big Thanks to ONEGIRLWOLFPACK for her super generous donation of 6 hoodies for the children. Your donation will keep the children warm and allow them to get the most enjoyment possible for the day on the ice, you indeed are TOP SHELF.
No problem at all. Happy to help
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 AM

Thanks everyone for making this happen again this year. Last year was amazing... So many smiles. With no doubt I believe this event will grow with each year to come. We couldn't do it without the generous hearts of our members, so thanks again!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:42 PM

BIG THANKS TO DAGO,PAM AND TWH OILFIELD SERVICES OF TABER FOR THE USE OF TWH'S EVENT TENT AND A MOST GENEROUS CASH DONATION TO THE HOODY FUND. yOUR INVOLVEMENT LAST YEAR AS A MAJOR SPONSOR WAS VITAL TO THE SUCCESS OF THE EVENT AND ONCE AGAIN YOUVE ALL STEPPED UP IN A HUGE WAY. THANKS IS NEVER ENOUGH FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Banned

I've got a gas ice auger that Daceminnow gave me last year that I have to get down to this event. Is there anyone from Edmonton going down there that would be willing to take it down with them?

Also, BUMP for a worthwhile event!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 AM

Chubb, do you require any specific items at this point other than the Hoodies? I was thinking that if any specific items were required for the event, Members could volunteer to purchase or provide specific items.

BTW, if you require any running around for the event, let me know and I can probably act as courier for some tasks. I know that there is a LOT that goes on behind the scenes and would like to help out if I can.

You're a good Man for doing this Chubb. I know it ain't easy.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I've got a gas ice auger that Daceminnow gave me last year that I have to get down to this event. Is there anyone from Edmonton going down there that would be willing to take it down with them?

It's looking like we'll have 2 big enclosed trailers going down...I'm sure we can find room for another auger

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
It's looking like we'll have 2 big enclosed trailers going down...I'm sure we can find room for another auger
Right on.....thanks. I'll hook up with one of you fellas between now and the event.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Right on.....thanks. I'll hook up with one of you fellas between now and the event.
Thanks very much for the kind offer but at this time we have more than enough augers for the event. It would be wrong of us to have people go through all the trouble of transporting a item for such a distance and not use it. We appreciate your generous offer though.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 PM

big thanks to albertaangler for sponsoring 2 childrens hoodies.

Thank you scotty downriggers for 6 man over board throw bags and 24 marine whistles.

Thank you to sobeys in mackenzie towne/calgary for donating all the bottled water for the boilers

THANK YOU TO WAYNE CHRISTIE AND K.O. FOR 2 HOODIES TO KEEP THE CHILDREN WARM
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 PM

thank you to all that have volunteered to help at the event, we have now reached our maximum number of registered particpants. Any other registrations will be added to a cancellation list. Thank you all
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM

Another big thanks to mooseknuckle and ID Industrial for hooking us up with stickers for the event.

I picked up a trial run sticker on Wednesday and it looks great!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 PM

Another big thanks going out, this time to Garry B (perch master) for hooking us up (no pun intended) with 60 custom hooks for the event!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 11-17-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Another big thanks going out, this time to Garry B (perch master) for hooking us up (no pun intended) with 60 custom hooks for the event!
Much thanks is to you and Willowtrail for your contribution in the hooks. We are grateful you let us partially supply them. I sure hope the trout are in a biting mood so the kids have a super day!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 PM

Big thanks to Jim Hoey's Dimestore Fisherman for scheduling in the Event for another show taping.

posted for chubb
Old 11-19-2012, 04:07 PM

Thank You Eric from Scotty for your continued support

Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 PM

I just spoke with Chubbdarter and received an update on the event.

Our progress on the event continues, with a little under 3 months left until the big day.

Chubbdarter continues to fight the good fight, and lead the charge. We are all aware of his dedication and persistence to see this event become the best possible day for the kids. Unfortunately he can't go at it alone; success of the event is put at risk if we continue to proceed under this misnomer.

Chubbdarter has designated myself as event coordinator. I will be the point man for the event and will remain in contact with Chubbdarter on important issues pertaining to the success of the event. He remains our lead, and deserves our respect for rallying the troops to make this dream a reality.

If you need to get in touch with me, I am available by email: please PM me and I will provide you with my contact information.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Thank you all for your support and hard work. This event isn't possible without you and your dedicated cooperation.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
I just spoke with Chubbdarter and received an update on the event.

Our progress on the event continues, with a little under 3 months left until the big day.

Chubbdarter continues to fight the good fight, and lead the charge. We are all aware of his dedication and persistence to see this event become the best possible day for the kids. Unfortunately he can't go at it alone; success of the event is put at risk if we continue to proceed under this misnomer.

Chubbdarter has designated myself as event coordinator. I will be the point man for the event and will remain in contact with Chubbdarter on important issues pertaining to the success of the event. He remains our lead, and deserves our respect for rallying the troops to make this dream a reality.

If you need to get in touch with me, I am available by email: please PM me and I will provide you with my contact information.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Thank you all for your support and hard work. This event isn't possible without you and your dedicated cooperation.

Thank You for having my back and once again taking on the huge task to get behind of the scenes matters dealt with.

Thank You to everyone for your generous spirit, a child is forever grateful and may good karma pay it forward to you in return.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Big thank to Auction Depot for their continued support, your the Best

Thanks to 4 members of the Calgary City Police First strike Unit for their participation

And last but certainly not least, Thank you to MR. ANONYMOUS for contributing directly to our Insurance
Old 11-21-2012, 08:32 PM

Big thanks to Maddox Chase,Kensley Reese and Kira Mataya for the First Respnse Trauma kit

Old 11-22-2012, 08:15 PM

Big Thanks to Dale,Pam and TWH Oilfield from Taber for the use of the party tent and their donation of 7 hoodies to keep the children warm

Old 11-22-2012, 08:23 PM

Thank You!!!!!! Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!to the following generous sponsors

Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 PM

Big Thanks to Big MIKEO2 for donating 10 hoodies for the kids. Mike was lucky enough to guide a little girl last year on the ice and she taught Mike how to catch fish

Mike i was told to post that.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM

Big Thanks to the following sponsors

Old 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM

Thank You Pure Fishing and Al at Prolinesports