Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM

hey john do you like real german bratwurst? if i can find some in the deep freeze i'll snag a package or two if we go sat. if we can get a portable bbq
Old 05-21-2008, 11:09 AM

Yeah man that stuffs good . Im pretty sure thats the stuff im thinking of , and the bbq is no problem I got my little one , or my buddy is going to bring his portable bbq , i also got a camp stove , just gotta go get a few bottles of propain , ill even bring the perkilator and make us some good ole fishin coffee
Old 05-21-2008, 11:54 AM

BBJ that sounds like a good Saturday deal but I am planning on being on Wabamun catching some toothy critters myself. Is Coal Lake big enough for a 16 foot boat? Never been there myself.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:01 PM

Just checked the Alberta Parks site and says you can power boat on the lake. Anyone know how deep it is? May have to head that way come Saturday and unexpectedly drop in on a shore lunch with my knife and fork naturally!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:01 PM

yeah man theres lots of guys with bigger boats then that , saw a guy there yesterday must of bought a brand new 22 ft fiberglass lund i was creaming myself at the boat . The boat launch is fairly deep by the looks of it .
Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 PM

BBJ, how does one get to the boat launch??? Also what time you gonna be there on Saturday as I have room in my boat if you wanna head out.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:23 PM

It doesnt bother me anytime is a good time , Why don't we say 8:30 - 9- 10 It dont matter to me and yes if you take the entrance to the main road from off 616 theres a gravel road with a concreate boat launch . im trying to look for depth charts as i have them somewhere . ill let you know the depths . its a 22 mile long lake but only a mile 1/2 wide.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:32 PM

BBJ, 10 be better for me as I am coming fron Entwistle, bout a hour west of Edmonton. I will have to look at a map and figure out how to get to the Rec Area on the southside of the lake.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:43 PM

Default Coal lake

South boat launch at Gwynne and Hwy 13. Lake maxes out at about 30 feet deep. Big mastercrafts and similar ski boats have no problem on lake.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:45 PM

no no no no the north shore . I dont think theres a boat launch at the south shore .I cant find a number for depth the the deepest is 25 -30 ft at the deepest point I think I could be wrong but i know when we were ice fishing it was deep . plus the 3 feet of ice and we werent very far from shore maybe 20 yards . Anyway If you give me your e mail ill give you the depth chart , the numbering is so small I cant read it
Old 05-21-2008, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the info. Just did not want to leave my skeg and prop in the bottom of the lake!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 PM

johninab coming in from entwistle the best way would be to come down hiway 16 tell you hit hiway60 south through devon at hiway 19 turn east though nisku untell you hit the lights at beamount turn south and go untill you get to secondary 616 and turn east down the hill boat launch is on the right
Old 05-21-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
no no no no the north shore . I dont think theres a boat launch at the south shore .I cant find a number for depth the the deepest is 25 -30 ft at the deepest point I think I could be wrong but i know when we were ice fishing it was deep . plus the 3 feet of ice and we werent very far from shore maybe 20 yards . Anyway If you give me your e mail ill give you the depth chart , the numbering is so small I cant read it
There is a boat launch on the south side, I use it 2-3 times a week. Hwy 13, 11km's east of Wetaskiwin at GWYNNE.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:56 PM

My bad there is a Boat launch at the south shore . but easyer for you to launch from the north shore .
Old 05-21-2008, 01:02 PM

So north shore launch is the one redneck gave directions too?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:04 PM

just watched the weather report going to rain off and on all week might clear up for sunday. but you know the old saying fish bit better in thr rain. yaeh right..

johninab thats how to get to the north launch
Old 05-21-2008, 01:05 PM

yep
Old 05-21-2008, 01:08 PM

I won't melt if I get wet and I do have my rain gear at all times. With the lake being so narrow and on a N-S axis almost, I would assume wind is not much of a factor?

Weather Network says mainly sunny and 18 for Saturday. Sounds about right for some pike catching!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:20 PM

Thats why i sugested Saturday . Theyll be on a feed especcialy after 2 or 3 days of rain .I need to get some Fat man rain gear , going to see if i cant order some here , not that big clunky yellow or orange junk nither , the light nylon type stuff .sells for about 80 bucks its light and breatheable nothing worse then sweating like a pig in heat .
Old 05-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
why dont you shut your face , actually its not the same story where do you get off by saying this **** , your the guy who got called out and didnt show up to a fish off to prove your the oh so mighty fishermen , Thats what i thought , im not into your childhood games kid now go back to the fisherprice forum.I dont care if I get banned or kicked off here , im sick of the crap that goes on in these forums , and im probably one of the first to come out and say it , it doesnt make me more of a man to call someone names but Im not going to take the crap that some love to feed on these forums , not just Alberta outdoorsmen , its all of them . Same people feeding the same BS. And im sorry if some are offended by this post , im sorry but this isnt right to let these punks cut us down to piles of crap . Its not right , and I dont deserve this nore does any other member of this forum or any other forum. As for my name calling i edited my post , took out some of the things I said and replaced them with a better choice of words , I dont need to stoop to there level of a55holeness. Just because they can cut someone down and think its alright doesnt mean it is . And once agian id like to say im sorry if ive offended anyone , I just needed to make a point of the crap that goes on . Ive really had enough of it and came out and said it.
lol playing the victim agian. I did'nt care really i know your full of yourself. Everything u know has been taking from somone else. All the lakes and spots u know have been told u by someone else. All u do is tell everyone spots that someone else has showed u and trusted u with. You also either exgarate your report like crazy or just put pure bs on. Unless someone else is with u. Alot people bs on there report. But u take it to the extreme just to impress people. I've seen u before and i actually have talked to u. I know for a fact your mostly all talk. This is before u started posting all these websites. I not going to say where throw u did'nt have to bielve me if u did'nt want to. Why would i show up at stupid derby. Why do i have to prove myself to u your more less a rookie that acts like a professional just to impress people. Thats another reason i stopped posting is because the bs on these message borads.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

Default lol

Wow its been 11 minutes yet BBJ probably has'nt posted yet. He's going to try and make a post with all his pictures in to show off same 7 pictures he's been posting for last 4 months 2.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:40 PM

Or maybe he is trying to dummy a post down to your level so you can fully comprehend it!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:45 PM

Hahaha john thats funny . HPF your simply not worth it , and if you know who i am well come on over for coffee , your sadly mistaken . And yeah im playing the victim wa wa wa . frig your simply not worth it , theres lots of deasent guys but your not one of them. I wish I knew who you were , but your talking non sense . Whatever you say HPF . Your the all mighty one . I better bow down and worship the ground you walk , haha ya right .
Old 05-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Default lol

Quote:
Hahaha john thats funny . HPF your simply not worth it , and if you know who i am well come on over for coffee , your sadly mistaken . And yeah im playing the victim wa wa wa . frig your simply not worth it , theres lots of deasent guys but your not one of them. I wish I knew who you were , but your talking non sense . Whatever you say HPF . Your the all mighty one . I better bow down and worship the ground you walk , haha ya right .
Lol u have nothing to say to me because u know i'm right. Now your trying to play the sympthay card to get everyone your side. I'm kinda amazed that u did'nt post a bunch of pictures. That was'nt like u not to try and show off maybe u seen my other post. Also when did i say i was the all mighty one and that i know everything. Your the one that always posts to try and show off.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:01 PM

yeah thats right needing to show off , actually posting because i can , shareing my experences , and shareing what i know nothing more nothing less . But whatever you like to Label everyone. I do recall you thinking i was some Wilbur guy awhile back you got no clue who i am your so full of **** your eyes are brown .
Old 05-21-2008, 02:03 PM

kind of neat do a search on happy perch fisher. in about 30 or more post that came up he really didn't have anything helpfull to say in any of them. in fact some of them where down right humerous, i really liked the one wher he said "there are no whitefish in pigoen lake" almost fell out of my chair.

No sympathy card here for BBJ. Just tired of childish, immature posts like yours that add nothing to a discussion.

There are sayings out there that describe posters like you but I will not stoop to your level nor try and rephrase them into a level someone of your diminished mental capacity can understand.

Default Big Bad John

I enjoy your posts! Hopefully you don't let one or two of these guys wreck your day!

T
Old 05-21-2008, 02:10 PM

Naw its simply not worth letting the little puke get under your skin . I just had enough bs and made it known , some might call it bitching but it wasnt , and im impressed it wasnt deleted by the moderaters on here . Glad to see there willing for someone to speak there mind .
Old 05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Banned

Default lol

And so it starts here comes all of big bad johns buddys aka people that are just mooching off him. I know your going to defend him because he give u easy info that he ripped off someone else. Yah big bad john is just sharing with u what someone else trusted him with. All u do is steal information off people. lol i never said there where no whitefish left in pigion lake if i remeber correctly that post was about people saying the tag system was a tax grab. I said something like the walleye where eating all the smaller whitefish and perch and all the bigger whitefish that where left where either being caught or dieing of old age and soon there would be very few to no whitefish left in there.