Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2016, 10:28 PM

Honestly I doubt it will even be legalized. It was a ploy to buy young canadians votes - and it worked.

Just now they're realizing (the liberals), they can't make it happen, or as already stated they knew that from the start.

One of many failed promises yet to come.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:30 PM
Banned

The liberals aren't going to legalize marijuana, such a crock of ****. I want to do a lot of things too, doesn't mean they'll ever happen.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle28027192/
Old 01-20-2016, 10:41 PM
Banned

Personally I'm a little more concerned about the meth addicts and Coke heads stealing my tools when I leave my work trailer on site than the guy who smokes a little weed. More worried my kids will go to a party with their friends when they're 17 and head to the 7-11 loaded and kill someone or themselves. Alcohol is way more dangerous of a substance than weed, and seeing the huge amount of bar fights and stabbings from over consumption. People don't smoke a joint and crash a car, or beat the sh$t out of their wife. The world is going to sh$t and sometime a little help is needed to cope with the fear of Isis attacks and interest being hiked to 15%. Poor you, having to smell your neighbors pot and parent your child. People won't kick your door in and home invade you to buy a bag of dope, but no money and a craving for the yayo and they just might.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Isn't the prohibition in the criminal code? And isn't the criminal code federal? I don't think your statement is correct. Medical marijuana isn't province by province.
That is what I said. The only way to make it legal here would be for the federal gov to let the provinces decide. How they would do that is beyond me but i'm sure they could
Old 01-21-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Oh brother...
X163 ( I thinks that's the number of threads we've had on this topic)

Yay. Another marijuana debate.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:51 AM
Banned

So the thoughts of the general public seem to be that it will be some what acceptable in the general public is what I'm understanding.

Marijuana will be legalized and my bets are it will be on the shelves possibly by this time next year. With a quality hydroponics system and enough capacity pot plants mature way faster and would take probably two months before its ready to smoke.

As for my views, I just don't want to see my neighbor sucking on a six foot glass bong while my kids are playing in the back yard. Or some guy sitting on a park bench beside a play ground for that fact. Is that such a horrendous concern ?
Why would it be so much different than me sitting on my bush toilet launching a missile out back. There's a time and place for everything.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:02 AM

Absolutely a time and place for everything. The same consideration should be given as with anything else and of course some subset of any group will just have no clue. C'est la vie. If in public be aware of where your smoke is going and limit smoking areas as with cigarettes. Not that hard. I disagree with the backyard part though. If a guy is in his backyard he should be able to light up. The fact that it annoys you is irrelevant. My neighbor does lots of things that bug the heck out of me. I don't try to ban them. I sucked it up because I realized if I push for a ban on all the things I don't personally like then its likely the cards will turn and someone put a ban on something relatively benign that I like. Dohhhh. Not everything in life goes one's way.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
Absolutely a time and place for everything. The same consideration should be given as with anything else and of course some subset of any group will just have no clue. C'est la vie. If in public be aware of where your smoke is going and limit smoking areas as with cigarettes. Not that hard. I disagree with the backyard part though. If a guy is in his backyard he should be able to light up. The fact that it annoys you is irrelevant. My neighbor does lots of things that bug the heck out of me. I don't try to ban them. I sucked it up because I realized if I push for a ban on all the things I don't personally like then its likely the cards will turn and someone put a ban on something relatively benign that I like. Dohhhh. Not everything in life goes one's way.
I understand what you are saying and it is a personal choice but it should come with some restrictions being the fact of this legalization is supposedly to deter our youth from using it.

Where as my kids wouldn't generally see this activity as it sits now. Then you add the guy with the six foot bong with bubbles and lights maybe some funny sounds puffing and hacking 15 feet away.

The next thing I would assume to be hearing is daddy I want one of those toys. I'm not concerned with them catching a second hand buzz because it's highly unlikely. It's just the fact of making such an impression on youth that this is an acceptable practice for adults to use freely where ever they choose.

I think there has to be some discretion and some consideration involved
Old 01-21-2016, 09:08 AM

Seriously Tinda? The chances of what you're describing happening is so minimal it's rather laughable. Far more likely to be a pipe or joint and you won't even know unless the wind is blowing the right way. Mountains out of molehills buddy.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Seriously Tinda? The chances of what you're describing happening is so minimal it's rather laughable. Far more likely to be a pipe or joint and you won't even know unless the wind is blowing the right way. Mountains out of molehills buddy.
I assume we will find out shortly

It seems to be when something like this is introduced is that people seem to stand proud and tall that it's now acceptable screaming it from the roof tops and may just choose to do so because they can thinking, hey everyone look at me I can do this where I choose now and there's nothing you can do about it.

If discretion is not put in place as law I can see this being a big concern to a lot of people. Many examples could be used in different scenarios but it is proven when you give people an inch they tend to take a mile or more and will be a constant issue if it's not addressed properly.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:28 AM

You're not going to be seeing pot pride parades.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Banned

I don't think marijuana should be sold in liquor stores and sounds like a recipe for disaster going from my experiences.

I recall in my younger days drinking six beers and feeling good and not too impaired. Then a joint went around, I took a good lung full and was completely immobilized barfing my guts out with the world spinning face down in the bush.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:07 AM
Banned

I wonder how much I could make with a 95 acre crop
Old 01-21-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I don't care either way. I think the Feds will make it a provincial problem. He can save face this way. Then the provinces can decide similar to what the states are doing. With the economy the way it is it's a good tax grab for the provinces. Once this is done then the Feds will come back asking for their cut.

One mans opinion.

BW
Unfortunately we are a British Colony and it simply does not work that way.

In the USA, State rights trump Federal, every time, and that is because they are a representative republic.

Not so Canada. One thing cannot be legal in one province, while illegal in anothet, save that the maximum that one can face for violation is confiscation or a fine.

If you could legally possess and consume marijuana in Ontario but be criminally charged in Manitoba, it would be a violation of our system.

He would have to open up the constitution, which would need ALL provinces approval.

Most of his campaign promises are bald face lies and would require muh more concerted effort and money than any one government could afford to do.

The easiest way to actually do this would be to break off those treaties and be done with it. Legalize consumption and possession and cultivation.

But then you're left with the impairment issue, so, another can of worms.

I laugh that we as a Country sold out soul on a pipe dream promise that likely never will come to fruition.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I don't think marijuana should be sold in liquor stores and sounds like a recipe for disaster going from my experiences.

I recall in my younger days drinking six beers and feeling good and not too impaired. Then a joint went around, I took a good lung full and was completely immobilized barfing my guts out with the world spinning face down in the bush.

Wedd before beer...never fear

Beer before weed, incapacitated indeed.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5x47 View Post
The liberals aren't going to legalize marijuana, such a crock of ****. I want to do a lot of things too, doesn't mean they'll ever happen.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle28027192/
Yup. Personally, I want to hunt gophers with a box of hand grenades, but that won't be happening.

Oh well...
Old 01-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist View Post

Now I know ! That was horrible
Old 01-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I wonder how much I could make with a 95 acre crop
If you were pulling 4 ounces per plant it would be your biggest and most profitable crop, if you could retain it all without being stolen that is.

This would be a huge boost to agriculture and would be a large part in making extracts and there would be no such thing as a poor crop farmer that's for sure !
Old 01-21-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
If you were pulling 4 ounces per plant it would be your biggest and most profitable crop, if you could retain it all without being stolen that is.

This would be a huge boost to agriculture and would be a large part in making extracts and there would be no such thing as a poor crop farmer that's for sure !
I would like to find a plant that grows in Alberta without having to trick it into fruiting before the frost comes.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:36 PM

Those would be auto-flower strains. So l'm told.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist View Post

Now that's funny right there
Old 01-21-2016, 08:57 PM

The old 'legalize & tax it' story getting too much 'smoke & mirrors.' The stuff is way too easy to grow at home. Not one user I know would pay for it after the first time. Why would they??

If they finally do legalize it, buy shares in home-size greenhouse distributors. That is where the money will be...
Old 01-22-2016, 06:20 AM

Doubtful, stoners are too lazy. Heck with the quality of beer kits being sold these days it is so easy to make better beer than you can buy for much less money. But swill is sold in the billions of gallons every year and people pay stupid high prices for that crap. Motivated pot-heads? Few and far between.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Doubtful, stoners are too lazy. Heck with the quality of beer kits being sold these days it is so easy to make better beer than you can buy for much less money. But swill is sold in the billions of gallons every year and people pay stupid high prices for that crap. Motivated pot-heads? Few and far between.
This kind of ignorance and prejudice is sadly not surprising on here. Cheech and Chong was a movie guys, not real life.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:08 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Well it is smoked everywhere, was at rectum place, outside and people were lighting up, cops walking around, no issues.
I don't smoke but take a haul on a cig and I would be flat on my back stoned for 5 minutes then probably puking, same result with chew and it is all legal.
Legalize it and tax the heck out of it....put the funds into our health system or a place lacking, not into handouts though!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-22-2016, 07:18 AM

Default Acceptable?

Quote:
So the thoughts of the general public seem to be that it will be some what acceptable in the general public is what I'm understanding.

Marijuana will be legalized and my bets are it will be on the shelves possibly by this time next year. With a quality hydroponics system and enough capacity pot plants mature way faster and would take probably two months before its ready to smoke.

As for my views, I just don't want to see my neighbor sucking on a six foot glass bong while my kids are playing in the back yard. Or some guy sitting on a park bench beside a play ground for that fact. Is that such a horrendous concern ?
Why would it be so much different than me sitting on my bush toilet launching a missile out back. There's a time and place for everything.

Says what general public ?

This general public doesn't need more general public on the roads with fast moving vehicles under the "influence ".

And let's all plant 95 acres too ..........

An Over supply in one week. What taxes ? .............

I'm amazed we scream about wildlife and fisheries legislation , yet toy with the idea of allowing more hallucinogens out for young impressionable minds to try .

This "general public" doesn't want some dude out in his stand smoking a joint with a gun in hand or driving their truck home afterwards either.

It's tough enough making the roads safer now as it is .

Since when is "lowering the bar " what real men do?

Need a puff ? The general public might suggest a psychiatrist instead ......

"In my opinion "........
Old 01-22-2016, 02:19 PM
Gone Hunting

One of the worst side effects of pot is that the promise to legalize it, got Cat Poutine elected.

Hard to believe someone as dumb as the Captain could fool all those smart pot smoking voters.

Society is a long way from being full blown batchit crazy. we need more drugs, made 'normal'

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-22-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
One of the worst side effects of pot is that the promise to legalize it, got Cat Poutine elected.

Hard to believe someone as dumb as the Captain could fool all those smart pot smoking voters.

Society is a long way from being full blown batchit crazy. we need more drugs, made 'normal'
I highly doubt that promise alone got him elected, pretty sure the ABH campaign in the east had more effect. But keep on with the prejudice, it is fun.