Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-11-2023, 12:55 PM

Default 160 moose

Seams to be way more hunters then moose . 🫎. Government sure give out a lot of tags for this zone this year.
Old 11-11-2023, 06:20 PM

A buddy of mine had his antlered moose tag. Didn’t see much at all during archery season - down at the lake we didn’t see a single moose until the last week, but we couldn’t make it happen. You’re right. Numbers are way down, too many tags… it’s like they want it to be a dead zone out there!
He wound up getting a great bull way back in the hills. Thankfully on a day i was at work - it was a 12 hour, 4 trip pack out for him and his two sons
Old 11-11-2023, 06:32 PM

Default My back yard

I had a moose in my back yard this morning. Antlers too, but I live in Rocky View and I'm pretty sure that there is no hunting. At this time of year, I worry a lot of hitting one on the hwy. I wish that there was a safe solution to this situation.
Old 11-11-2023, 07:19 PM

If the goal is to get rid of the prairie moose.....they are doing a fine job of it.
Sad
Old 11-11-2023, 10:23 PM

Thumbs down

They need to cut the tags back ALOT in the parkland wmu’s for moose especially the cow tags...they cut wmu 203 back this year to only 18 bull tags and should be doing the same in the other parkland wmu’s...

Why cant the Alberta government for just one time get something right when it comes to wildlife management in our province.
Old 11-11-2023, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
They need to cut the tags back ALOT in the parkland wmu’s for moose especially the cow tags...they cut wmu 203 back this year to only 18 bull tags and should be doing the same in the other parkland wmu’s...

Why cant the Alberta government for just one time get something right when it comes to wildlife management in our province.
The problem with that zone and the zones around it is the unregulated harvesting of moose. It’s really picked up over the last couple of years.
Old 11-12-2023, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
The problem with that zone and the zones around it is the unregulated harvesting of moose. It’s really picked up over the last couple of years.
That does'nt surprise me.hopefully enough people let the biologists know the moose aint around anymore and they listen to the boots on the ground and give out less tags in the near future.
Old 11-12-2023, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
The simple fact, is that you can't manage game populations properly, unless all hunting is regulated.
Old 11-12-2023, 07:16 PM

I’ve noticed that wmu’s close to the big cities where antlerless moose tags are given out on a P1 are showing significantly less cows and calves than past years.