Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-30-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
I know that you must think im lying, but anyone that has a steady hand and knows how there rifle shoots can shoot real real good with open sights. Shoot when i was younger living on the acerage I had nothing better to do but to shoot hundreds upon hundreds or rounds a week with my model 600. I used to hunt the beastly grasshopper, man eating flies, and fire breathing ants. jokes aside if you shoot an open sighted rifle enough and learn how it shoots a guy would be surprised with what he can do with it. like I said before 7 out of 10 shots at the 200 yard gong with my sks hit. My shootin eye also has damage, a chemical burn from years ago that left it fuzzy, not furry but the vision in it is fuzzy so before you go and disregard what a fellow hunter says, pick up iron sights and learn it and see what you can do
With my vision I can't hit the side of a barn door with open sights LOL!
The SKS sights are pretty bulky to me too so I put on the Williams Firesights.
With a 4power scope tho on the CZ858 I find the 7.62x39 round to be pretty accurate out to 200yards....surprised a few guys at the with it that they had to ask what I was shootin!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
My cooey .22 I can hit a dime at 75 yards every time
Everytime?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I know that you must think im lying, but anyone that has a steady hand and knows how there rifle shoots can shoot real real good with open sights. Shoot when i was younger living on the acerage I had nothing better to do but to shoot hundreds upon hundreds or rounds a week with my model 600. I used to hunt the beastly grasshopper, man eating flies, and fire breathing ants. jokes aside if you shoot an open sighted rifle enough and learn how it shoots a guy would be surprised with what he can do with it. like I said before 7 out of 10 shots at the 200 yard gong with my sks hit. My shootin eye also has damage, a chemical burn from years ago that left it fuzzy, not furry but the vision in it is fuzzy so before you go and disregard what a fellow hunter says, pick up iron sights and learn it and see what you can do
With lots of practice iron sights are more than capable of sub-MOA accuracy. I'm not debating this or your shooting skill. I'm just saying, even if you remove any and all human errors, I've yet to see a cooey that is sub-MOA to 75 yards. If yours is you better never sell it because it's one in a million.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:37 AM

I've got a deal for winger7mm..

We go to the range (of your choice) you bring your cooey and 50 rounds of ammo.I'll bring the dimes.

Every time you hit a dime with open sights at 75 yards with your cooey I will pay you $20.

Every time you miss you pay me only $5..

Deal?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:08 PM

Default not a bad deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJ View Post
I've got a deal for winger7mm..

We go to the range (of your choice) you bring your cooey and 50 rounds of ammo.I'll bring the dimes.

Every time you hit a dime with open sights at 75 yards with your cooey I will pay you $20.

Every time you miss you pay me only $5..

Deal?
I would purposly miss at least 10 shots just so you wouldnt have to waste a grand on a silly lil bet hehehe
Old 07-30-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I would purposly miss at least 10 shots just so you wouldnt have to waste a grand on a silly lil bet hehehe
Sounds like an easy $1000 if you really do have a sub-MOA cooey. You'd be stupid not to take him up on that; unless, of course, you don't have a sub-MOA cooey.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyak View Post
Sounds like an easy $1000 if you really do have a sub-MOA cooey. You'd be stupid not to take him up on that; unless, of course, you don't have a sub-MOA cooey.
My offer stands for 30 days.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:13 PM

I hear they shoot elephants with the round in some parts of africa. Put the round where it needs to be and at reasonable range and you eat venison. I have been known to split a 22 bullet on an axe blade putting holes in cans on either side. Shoot a ruger 10/22 long enough and I agree it gets easier to put the bullet where you want it