Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-05-2007, 01:20 AM

Default hoochies?

i'm heading to kitimat in a few weeks. does anyone know if there is some place locally (edmonton) to get all the gear at a better price than up there? hoochies, spin and glows, pencil weights?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:23 AM

The Fishin' Hole? Not even sure if its still open.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:29 AM
-NDN-

all 3 edmonton Fishin' holes are open for business. Try "The Fishing Center" its not to far from the north side fishing hole either if you want to take a quick look at both
Old 07-05-2007, 07:56 AM

Dont go to the Fishing Hole or the Fishing Centre, go to Wholesale Sports it has everything that you will need. At least thats your best bet if you want salmon gear for kitimat. Although I would avoid Kitimat right now, the water is ridiculous and the fishing would be tough.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fish View Post
Dont go to the Fishing Hole or the Fishing Centre, go to Wholesale Sports it has everything that you will need. At least thats your best bet if you want salmon gear for kitimat. Although I would avoid Kitimat right now, the water is ridiculous and the fishing would be tough.
A friend of mine is out there right now i talked with him this AM and they are running 80 miles one way trying to find fish and in 3 days fishing they have only landed 1 salmon and it was only 8lbs they have only caught 1 Hali they have been out there since the 29th of June he said the water is very high and lots of crap floating in the water he did say the crabbing has been very good..
Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
-NDN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fish View Post

Wholesale has everything but great service. oh man that never gets old Actually, starting to really see all the stores starting to slack in service. Oh well, i know what i shop for
Old 07-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Banned

That is the problem with kitimat being in a long inlet as it is the fish are either there or their not... They don't come by feeding they only come in to run the river... So if you are there at the wrong time,,, to bad...
As far as Hoochies I personally would wait till you get out west,, they have the selection,,, and you can get the info on what is hot.. I have found most of their prices out west to be cheaper for saltwater gear than ours do, do to competition and availability....

P.S. I don't know what you're arrangements are,,, but Prince Rupert is hot rite now....
Old 07-05-2007, 12:36 PM
sheephunter

I haven't been to Kitimat for a few years but I think it was the Home Hardware that we went to to get tackle and like walleyes said....we got all the local info on what was hot. The guy was super helpful and steered us in the right direction plus shared a few hot spots.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:20 PM

Beer,Bait,Broads, shop local, it pays.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:15 AM

My buddy caught 4 small salmon and lost 3 yesterday so getting a little better but they were 72 miles out
Old 07-07-2007, 09:42 AM

Canadian tire. localy they will have the best selection and price.
I have fished the West coast for years, and the cnanadian tire is a guides best friend, especialy if you are buying for a larger fleet.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Kitimat

Prince Rupert is real hot on the chuck right now The rivers out there are dropping now but still up over normal years. I assume with the spin and glows and pencil weights you are river fishing There is a nice pool off highway about mile thru bush where power line crosses hwy about 20 out of Kitimat

muzzy
Old 07-09-2007, 11:09 PM

Kitimat
I have fished the river and the chuck at Kitimat for the last 6 or so years. There are two good fishing gear stores in town, one being the Home hardware. Although prices may be a little higher with PST you can be selective and buy what is currently hot in the river or the chuck. Walmart in Prince George and Canadian Tire and several other Sporting good shops in Terrace are also worth checking out.
Good Luck;
wapiti11