Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorahsDad View Post
You're degenerating into a babbling SJW now. What does that even mean, that I "believe in hate"? That I believe hate exists in the world? I suppose so.

Do you know who else believes in hate?

I am certainly not spreading hate, if that's what you're insinuating. I'm trying to have a very honest and fact-based discussion about where the loyalties of "true" Muslims ought to lie. You're the one bringing emotions into this.

The word you're looking for is "translated", not interpreted. And yes I realize that. So what? Are you challenging the accuracy of the translation? Find me a better one, if so. You linked dozens of translations of a single passage above and they all said essentially the same thing. All of these translations are done by Muslim scholars and there is not much difference between them. I don't see your point in pointing it out.

Just like the last guy, you're trying to deflect to Christianity. Christianity and the Bible are completely irrelevant to this discussion. It's just one fallacy after nothing coming from you. You still have done nothing to meet my challenge posed earlier in this thread and you have done nothing to counter my argument.
Pointing out traits of one religion and vilifying it while ignoring or protecting the similar traits in others proves bias in your thinking.

What does "wali" means in Arabic?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
When you state running into a crowd of innocent people is payback. That is wrong. Period. That guy was wrong. Condoning his behaviour is wrong. Making excuses for a wrong doesn't make a right.

And after your posts I am still shaking my head in disbelief.

And you still don't understand my post , GOOD GRIEF , where did l say what he did was right , of course its wrong , l,m not condoning anything here ,did l say l condon it NO , but what do you expect from our side , when the Muslem groups kill innocent people , in fact 3 times now.

And when this white guy ran his vehicle into innocent muslems , it was a revenge attack , no question about it , that's all l,m stating and it was .
Shake your head again , this time read the post closer
Old 06-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Pointing out traits of one religion and vilifying it while ignoring or protecting the similar traits in others proves bias in your thinking.

Deflect much?

Why not just answer his question Sundance? You're yelling it from the mountain tops, but you're just yelling. Like a dog barking in the back yard just to make noise.

From an outsiders point of view CorahsDad seems to know the facts of what he's talking about, you...... not so much.

Just saying.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
And you still don't understand my post , GOOD GRIEF , where did l say what he did was right , of course its wrong , l,m not condoning anything here ,did l say l condon it NO , but what do you expect from our side , when the Muslem groups kill innocent people , in fact 3 times now.

And when this white guy ran his vehicle into innocent muslems , it was a revenge attack , no question about it , that's all l,m stating and it was .
Shake your head again , this time read the post closer
Quote:
Actually its payback time not terrorisum.
This guy figures if they can do it to us , then we can do it to them
Again as a response to your post. It is not payback time. That is a poor statement. It is not payback on terrorists if you kill innocent people as a response.

It is not true revenge because the attack was unprovoked on innocent people so unless you preface that with the statement revenge in the mind of an extremely twisted evil individual that was wrong on all points to do what he did.

Simple. Keep shaking your head till you agree with that.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-20-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Deflect much?

Why not just answer his question Sundance? You're yelling it from the mountain tops, but you're just yelling. Like a dog barking in the back yard just to make noise.

From an outsiders point of view CorahsDad seems to know the facts of what he's talking about, you...... not so much.

Just saying.
Wali has many meanings in Arabic. To be clear when interpreting that statement using the simple western term friend is likely inappropriate because the intent likely refers to a deeper spiritual meaning and being a spiritual text you want followers to be deeply connected to similar minded folks.

Again...we keep going around in circles about a religion that does similar things as others but vilify one while ignoring the similarity of others.

Fact is...fanatics don't rule any religion. Fact is the Muslim community does need to shout that from the rooftops.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wali has many meanings in Arabic. To be clear when interpreting that statement using the simple western term friend is likely inappropriate because the intent likely refers to a deeper spiritual meaning and being a spiritual text you want followers to be deeply connected to similar minded folks.

Again...we keep going around in circles about a religion that does similar things as others but vilify one while ignoring the similarity of others.

Fact is...fanatics don't rule any religion. Fact is the Muslim community does need to shout that from the rooftops.
You're defending against yourself, because nobody has condoned what was done, you interpreted what they used as a description of their intupretaion of the situation, as them condoning his actions simply because he is not Muslim.

Fwiw, I have a lot of Muslim friends and I don't see any more or less hate in them than any of my non Muslim friends, but all of them are westernized Muslims, they understand western culture and accept it. I believe where the conflict arises is where the western culture is not understood or accepted, it's easy to radicalize by using their own interpretation of the Koran. The resentment of Muslims is the same thing, with people not understanding Middle East culture and assuming all Muslims are radicals.

It certainly wouldn't hurt for the Muslims to shout it from the mountaintops that radical Muslims should not be tolerated and action towards the radicals should be taken by the entire Muslim community, but that's not something you see. It seems to be a "well it doesn't affect me so I don't care" type mentality, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, it's starting to affect them.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Was your name Ezra Levant in a different lifetime?
Old 06-20-2017, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Again as a response to your post. It is not payback time. That is a poor statement. It is not payback on terrorists if you kill innocent people as a response.

It is not true revenge because the attack was unprovoked on innocent people so unless you preface that with the statement revenge in the mind of an extremely twisted evil individual that was wrong on all points to do what he did.

OHHHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNNN , l give up
Old 06-20-2017, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
OHHHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNNN , l give up
Lol!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:

Seriously what is wrong with you?, you are a selfindulgent SJW...always triggered and always vitue signaling...It's disgusting, these people can speak for themselves and never asked you or anyone else to speak for them but your so PRIVILIDGED that you thought that you knew better...you didn't.

LISTEN to Morgan Freeman explain his take on black history month and GET OVER YOURSELF...I'm on my way to the mountains to fish for the day, i hope you have a good one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnTovm26I4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1170.jpg (78.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-20-2017, 10:28 AM

To in anyway defend the vile creature that ran down the group of people in this incident is wrong, as is any defense of any of these attacks no matter who the targets are.

I would also like to point out that the Imam saved the worthless turd from the beating death he deserved. This demonstrates a higher level of morality that seems to be voiced by some posters here.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Seriously what is wrong with you?, you are a selfindulgent SJW...always triggered and always vitue signaling...It's disgusting, these people can speak for themselves and never asked you or anyone else to speak for them but your so PRIVILIDGED that you thought that you knew better...you didn't.

LISTEN to Morgan Freeman explain his take on black history month and GET OVER YOURSELF...I'm on my way to the mountains to fish for the day, i hope you have a good one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnTovm26I4
No SJW here...just someone who stands up and shouts crap when it stares them in the face. Just like the Muslim community need to stand up against fanatics and radicals so must we stand up against those that spread the blame unfairly.

It doesn't take being name called and insulted to take a common sense stand. I say it over and over again. Killing innocent people from crimes of another is not right no matter how some paranoid and over zealous internet surfers think a take over is happening.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Why don't you pm him if you honestly want an answer. Or do you want recognition for pointing out what everyone reading the thread has already concluded?
Unfortunately he's banned now so I missed that opportunity. Next time if you could PM me what to do I will be able to react quicker. Some of us don't spend as much time as others on the forum and are not so fast at figuring it all out. I do appreciate the help though, thank you.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Banned

What's a sjw?
Old 06-20-2017, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
What's a sjw?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFrZsGbO6N0
Old 06-20-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Lol....which one of those is Sundance fisher?
Old 06-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Banned

Thanks rugs. Makes a lot of sense now.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
What's a sjw?
SJW is Social Justice Warrior.

It's typically used in a derogatory fashion, against those who advocate for socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, multiculturalism, and identity politics.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:15 AM

This could simply be one isolated case of one deranged individual attacking a group of people. At this point nobody knows what his true motive was, or what his mental state was.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This could simply be one isolated case of one deranged individual attacking a group of people. At this point nobody knows what his true motive was, or what his mental state was.
Exactly. This clearly was NOT motivated by a religious doctrine he was following that espoused the wholesale murder of people who did not follow his faith.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:32 AM
Banned

I'm not much of a religious guy but doesn't the bible say " eye for a eye tooth for a tooth"? Might of been just the words of my dad lol.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
Lol....which one of those is Sundance fisher?
LOL

That was funny

Old 06-21-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I'm not much of a religious guy but doesn't the bible say " eye for a eye tooth for a tooth"? Might of been just the words of my dad lol.
Heh! It does, but context is everything. It's mosaic civil law written during the birth of the Israelite nation.

It wasn't about personal revenge; there was a judicial system in place at the time - this was to guide their rulings when settling matters where conflict resulted in personal injury.

With a rule like that in place, someone thought twice before injuring someone else.