Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-16-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C & C View Post
I usually like the vids, I am not sure if its my computer or just the difference in channels but some of the intro music is crazy ignorant loud and then the talking is so soft.
Many of us new guys are amateur film makers and editors. Music and voices have to have a balance, some can't control it.

I went filming yesterday and I forgot to press record. I went home and stuck my memory card into the computer to find nothing. Thats how amateur I am. Haha

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 12-16-2019, 09:54 PM

I suspect some are just "fishing" for subscribers in order to meet the minimum 1000 subscribers to satisfy the YouTube creator requirements.

That is one step in the application process in order for them to get payment for their videos through ads.

I believe YouTube analytics will even tell you how many viewers came from this website.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrodfisher View Post
I suspect some are just "fishing" for subscribers in order to meet the minimum 1000 subscribers to satisfy the YouTube creator requirements.

That is one step in the application process in order for them to get payment for their videos through ads.

I believe YouTube analytics will even tell you how many viewers came from this website.
I think they probably have a lot more investment in camera gear, computers and time than it will be worth monitarily.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 12-17-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
Many of us new guys are amateur film makers and editors. Music and voices have to have a balance, some can't control it.

I went filming yesterday and I forgot to press record. I went home and stuck my memory card into the computer to find nothing. Thats how amateur I am. Haha
OK that is funny and sounds like something I would do
Old 12-17-2019, 07:07 PM

I started one a few years back but eventually gave it up, I found the endless self promotion required to make a U-tube channel even moderately successful rather unbecoming. Sort of like those Amway clowns we all knew back in the 90's. I'm comfortable with being pretty annoying sometimes, but I do have my limits.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:09 PM

The reason you see less and less content and pics here is because Facebook has opened more groups and avenues. Easier to post pics. Larger audience, etc. Used to be all we had for Alberta content was aof..... now there are more choices.