Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Cold Lake

Anyone been out yet?Going up this weekend to try my luck with the lakers.
Havent fished on the north end of the lake yet, just around park. Did ok last year in that area but wouldent mind a change.
Would also like to find some walleye,got any hints,like gps N/W

Bluenoser
Old 05-28-2008, 12:50 AM

Default Cold Lakers

Hey Blue
We were out on Fri & Sun. Managed to catch a few each day, no big ones, 1 keeper each day. About 8 lbs. We tried over by Garnet beach, seen fish and bait on the screen but not a lot of luck there. Seen a few boats there, didn't seem like they were having much luck either.
We were trying everything, spoons, willow leafs with bait and whole bait seperately. Had realy good luck last year with Herring. Did not try anchovies though this time.
We headed over towards the Cold river and had some luck there, just North of the river there is a pretty good ledge. We were in 65' of water and catching them at 25'. Caught most of them on a Wolverine spoons.
Talked to a guy in the Marina that caught a 14lber straight out from the marina.
Out from the island can be good fishing to.
You can try for Walleye in the Martineau after the 1st, have had pretty good luck there.
Check a post from Mudder a couple days ago, as he was out on Cold Lake as well. I talked to him Sun AM and he said they had caught a few Lakers.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:29 PM

Going up July longweekend.

Last edited by -JR-; 05-28-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:23 PM

Thumbs up Cold Lake

Thanks for all the info Rigg,Taking the new boat out fishing for the first time,hopfulley I get the first fish.The first 8#er will be worth about $4000 bucks,But it is all worth it right.
I'll let you know how I do.
We'll be up on fri,sat and sunday morning fishing,hope the wind stays down.

Bluenoser
Old 06-03-2008, 10:00 PM

Thumbs up cold lake

Thanks for the info it payed off.Fishing was good in the mornings.Cought some first thing friday morning using THE WAVE (spoon) with no weight.
Also got some with willow leafs and anchovies at 40-25'.Most of the fish were in 80-130' of water.My buddy from the west coast was using a 12"x4" flasher with his anchovies, he outfished us sat morning with that, couldent keep them off for a while.
Seems like a little wind madethe fishing better.Sunday morning was flat we only had 3-4 fish.
I'll try to get some pics up in a couple of days.