Old 12-10-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Protest timeline
17 November: 282,000 protesters - one dead, 409 wounded - 73 in custody
24 November: 166,000 protesters - 84 wounded - 307 in custody
1 December: 136,000 protesters - 263 wounded - 630 in custody
8 December : 136,000 protesters - 118 wounded - 1,220 in custody

I get the movement, I understand. The problem is the fact that they are smashing restaurants, stealing alcohol, burning vehicles, looting. If this happened here the Military would be called in. If it happened in the States (again) the Police and Military would be mowing down people.

Rough times ahead.
Do you really think that our government would call in the military if this happened here? Many of our protesters are university students, millennials, and the people that are receiving the free handouts from the government, people that played a huge part in electing our present government. With an election scheduled in the coming year, I have doubts that our government would want to alienate these people further. As well, being as how our military has been treated lately, how many soldiers would be anxious to battle in the streets with protesters, that are protesting for some of the things that our soldiers support?
Oddly enough, these protests don't seem to be occurring in the USA for some reason.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Do you really think that our government would call in the military if this happened here? Many of our protesters are university students, millennials, and the people that are receiving the free handouts from the government, people that played a huge part in electing our present government. With an election scheduled in the coming year, I have doubts that our government would want to alienate these people further. As well, being as how our military has been treated lately, how many soldiers would be anxious to battle in the streets with protesters, that are protesting for some of the things that our soldiers support?
Oddly enough, these protests don't seem to be occurring in the USA for some reason.
Shut off the taps to the East for any reason, and watch how quick forces are mobilized to stop the traitorous Albertan's. Shut down a couple pipelines and stop the trains, how long do you think it would be before Shiny Pony tells the people with guns to settle down the commoners?

The USA right now is prospering in Trump's mind, who is in his glory.

Plus they have a hell of a lot more armed enforcers.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-10-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Shut off the taps to the East for any reason, and watch how quick forces are mobilized to stop the traitorous Albertan's. Shut down a couple pipelines and stop the trains, how long do you think it would be before Shiny Pony tells the people with guns to settle down the commoners?

The USA right now is prospering in Trump's mind, who is in his glory.

Plus they have a hell of a lot more armed enforcers.
Our government and the eastern provinces are opposing pipelines, and prefer to buy Saudi oil rather than our "dirty oil". Many of them would be happy if all oil stopped flowing east, and they bought it all from the Saudis. In any case, I just don't see our government sending out troops to combat protesters that have more in common with the protesters. Our troops will not hesitate to do their duty against foreign militaries and terrorists, but it's very different to take up arms against your own citizens, that include friends and family.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Our government and the eastern provinces are opposing pipelines, and prefer to buy Saudi oil rather than our "dirty oil". Many of them would be happy if all oil stopped flowing east, and they bought it all from the Saudis. In any case, I just don't see our government sending out troops to combat protesters that have more in common with the protesters. Our troops will not hesitate to do their duty against foreign militaries and terrorists, but it's very different to take up arms against your own citizens, that include friends and family.
Don’t worry, soon enough our once great country will be a third world garbage dump!
What will matter, is will you have the ability to protect your family when they open the flood gates?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Well wouldn't it be nice if we had impartial media reporting nothing but facts instead of a government funded propaganda machine gaslighting it's viewers with scripted biased FAKE news that serves corporate international interests...
In the video I posted, the protesters are clearly upset with the media. I agree with you.

NRA/NFA Supporter and "...gun toting tea party psychotard..." -
Old 12-10-2018, 08:50 PM

They don’t want globalism or the UN migration pact. Can’t blame then when their president claims things like “there’s no such thing as French people, only European people”. Our PM recently said something along the same lines.